Shape Shifters Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• StacyAru
    StacyAru Posts: 13 Member
    I'd like to join the Step Challenge. My steps have been abysmal lately. But that will improve!

Goal: 8000 steps
    6/26 - 8008
    6/27 - 1572
    6/28 - 2416
    6/29 - 3970

I most often walk around my neighborhood or at a couple of nearby hiking trails with my dog, but my favorite place to walk is in Breckenridge on the Burro Trail. Unfortunately there are mean moose up there, so the paranoia about getting butted by one makes it less enjoyable. My dog Moose almost got stomped. The irony, right? We were sledding when he saw a mama and her baby off in the woods, and he ran over and barked at them. I suspect she landed a glancing blow that scared him off.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited June 2022
    @SavageMrsMoose - I’m glad to hear that you are feeling better and that your dog is also recovering well from surgery! I can certainly understand the lure of comfort food during such a stressful time.

Thanks for sharing the puzzle website. They’re beautiful. The shop should consider giving you a sales commission based on the interest you generated 🤑.

@StacyAru - Welcome to the team! You definitely have some topics in common with other Shape Shifters. One of these days, I’d love to see a photo of your dog. A pit bull/ chihuahua mix sounds very interesting! I have a Boston Terrier who loves other ‘smush faced’ dogs, especially pit bulls.

@JessicaKrall8 - You are is always so wonderful at orienting new members and immediately making us feel ‘at home’ in the group. I don’t know how you keep up with everything. Did you know that @LaurieWrobo had a big loss without seeing the previous weight (PW)? Way to go with maintenance, Laurie! I can’t keep track of my own weigh-in numbers from one week to the next, but I need o have a better sense of where I stand because I keep creeping up to the higher end of my range.

@kcpond and @coblujay - Good for you — It’s always motivating to see a loss! Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉

@cosmiccurves - I like the way you track your health progress using the upbeat message and image.

I wish I had your energy for setting up your house! When I started working from home instead of an office, I moved way too much stuff to our house. My plan was to go through it gradually but it’s taking forever. I’m also trying to declutter by getting rid of all the old items from my sons’ youth. They’re at college now and I‘m working on selecting a few memories that I can organize in portfolios that I bought for each family member. Whenever I return from a week helping my mother in Boston, I feel determined to downsize! So, I’m going to protect some time on my calendar and really focus on the decluttering of my office in the coming month.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    Feeling so much better after my bike today that I signed up for an 8 week running challenge starting July 4th. It’s to improve my pace. Could I join the step challenge? My start to the month is pretty rough cause Covid but hopefully it will improve. Or I can wait until next month- that’s okay too.

I've added you @SavageMrsMoose just give me your first name, your favorite place to walk and your daily step goal for the chart. Welcome to the insanity!
    Jessica :smile:
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 288.4 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 290 lbs (so sad about this, it has to be water retention)

Step Goal: 8,000/day
    6/26: 5,234
    6/27: 5,447
    6/28: 7,530
    6/29: 8,655 (FINALLY!!!!)
    6/30: 8,437

Happy July everyone!! I am disappointed in my gain even though I was diligent about logging and working out this week. I definitely need to increase my steps but I think this was due to some water retention from all of the lifting heavy boxes and such from our move. Regardless, I'm going to keep going and try to increase my caloric deficit this week to get the loss I'm aiming for! Also my mother-in-love made it safely last night and she is currently being very entertained by her three grandsons who are all taking turns showing her their cool Lego creations and rocks. :love:

YRpPbcw.png
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,044 Member
    Daily Step goal: 10,000
    Tue 6/28: 6,082
    Wed 6/29: 8,321
    Thu 6/30: 12,959
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,044 Member
    frankwbrown
    Friday Weigh-in; July week 1
    PW: 228.2
    CW: 226.1
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 219
    CW: 219.5
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Natalie0403
    WD. Saturday but I won’t be near a scale tomorrow
    Pw 140
    Cw 138.6
    Lwt 64.4

I am not good at counting steps, I try to hit cardio, elliptical or rower for 45 a day.
    Hope you all have a great weekend
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Hello everyone!

Thank you for all the supportive words. I really appreciate it.

Nice to meet you Stacy! We do have a lot in common! Do you know the diner in the Vail area? The Smiling Moose? My son’s basketball team used to call him moose because he reminded them of their logo. I was called Mrs Moose and then was honored with the “savage” addition after an incident where I bought the boys sandwiches for an away game (they were always hungry) and ended up sharing the bus with the girls and there weren’t enough for everyone…it was considered a compliment and I miss my team mom days so it’s sentimental.

We woke up before 4 am yesterday to get to the hospital for pre-op. I decided to get on the scale then and I was up 6 pounds!!! I was so discouraged I was about to quit this challenge. I thought about it all night. Guess what? This morning I dropped 5 of those 6 pounds. So I feel like a new person.

I have no idea why my weight is fluctuating like this other than I’ve been having a lot more sodium than usual. Maybe it’s some weird Covid effect? Who knows. I did get my period again last week after 13 months of not having it.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    SavageMrsMoose

Friday Weigh In

PW: 164

CW: 165

I will take it! I was quite a week!
    Feeling so much better after my bike today that I signed up for an 8 week running challenge starting July 4th. It’s to improve my pace. Could I join the step challenge? My start to the month is pretty rough cause Covid but hopefully it will improve. Or I can wait until next month- that’s okay too.

I've added you @SavageMrsMoose just give me your first name, your favorite place to walk and your daily step goal for the chart. Welcome to the insanity!
    Jessica :smile:

Thank you!

My name is Melissa. My goal is 12,000 steps as I was able to start running again today! But, my first days will be far below because of being sick. In Telluride, I like to hike the ski hills and walk and run on the bike path on our valley floor. In Houston, I walk and run around the local neighborhood and on the treadmill. If I had to pick a favorite walking place? It would be the beach! But I don’t get there enough!

6/26 4686
    6/27 3451
    6/28 5149
    6/29 7356
    6/30 4925
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    I just got back from my trip to West Virginia. I ate terribly, but got some swimming and a bit of hiking in. My step count isn't great, and I'm definitely staring down a gain for my Sunday weigh in. I have my echocardiogram scheduled for next week, so hopefully I'll have a better idea of what is going on with my heart. Hopefully its nothing too serious.

Step goal (14k)

6/26 - 3612
    6/27 - 9982
    6/28 - 8149
    6/29 - 3824
    6/30 - 6301

Working to get back on track this weekend.
  • jessicakrall8
    Natalie0403
    WD. Saturday but I won’t be near a scale tomorrow
    Pw 140
    Cw 138.6
    Lwt 64.4

I am not good at counting steps, I try to hit cardio, elliptical or rower for 45 a day.
    Hope you all have a great weekend

I got you @Nataliewr0403 ...great loss this week! Enjoy your weekend! If you wear a watch for steps (Apple, Garmen, Fitbit, etc) that works too on elliptical or rower...as long as you place the watch on the part of the body doing the work (pants pocket, etc)...I sometimes walk in stores with a cart and put my watch in my pocket.

Just a thought...Jessica
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    I'm Going to weigh in tomorrow because this morning my scale said I gained 7lbs in one week.. Which would be pretty impressive🤣
  • jessicakrall8
    edited July 2022
    Hello everyone!

We woke up before 4 am yesterday to get to the hospital for pre-op. I decided to get on the scale then and I was up 6 pounds!!! I was so discouraged I was about to quit this challenge. I thought about it all night. Guess what? This morning I dropped 5 of those 6 pounds. So I feel like a new person.

I have no idea why my weight is fluctuating like this other than I’ve been having a lot more sodium than usual. Maybe it’s some weird Covid effect? Who knows. I did get my period again last week after 13 months of not having it.

@SavageMrsMoose Don't ever give the scale that much power...if you're working your plan and expending more energy than you take in, it has to even out. Science ALWAYS wins...hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    5ge75m806xdo.png
    Step Challenge Results for June

Wk 1 - @Pupowl with 107,240 steps
    Wk 2 - @Pupowl with 109,573 steps
    Wk 3 - @Pupowl with 129,254 steps
    Wk 4 - @Pupowl with 125,758 steps

Huge Blowout for Pupowl this month...great job!

Top 3 Overall Results

1. @Pupowl with 471,825 steps
    2. @Jax_Grim with 363,973 steps
    3. @FrankWBrown with 328,517 steps

Honorable mention to @izzyred9400 with 322,555 steps (very close to #3 spot)...you two were competing!

Awesome job to all who participated during June. As a group, we walked 2.9 million steps! WOW!
  • jessicakrall8
    Last chance to add your name to the Step Challenge roster for July...speak up! We only have 9, so there's plenty of room...let me know!
    Jessica
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 257 Member
    @jessicakrall8 Closing out the month of June for Steps:
    6/24 - 7,832
    6/25 - 7,790
    6/26 - 1,819 (my smart-watch died on the last day of our camping trip so didn't capture all my steps)
    6/27 - 3,254 *returned from camping (the car trip was about 5hrs)
    6/28 - 2,897
    6/29 - 7,054
    6/30 - 3,492
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 257 Member
    Happy July everyone... returned from camping a few days ago, and ready to jump-in to the new month.
    Brief Intro: I live in CA, work full-time in an office setting (i.e. sit at a pc 8+hrs a day), plus studying to advance my professional career. I'm a wife + mom to an elementary aged girl. I aim to keep her busy/active in sports and extracurriculars. On weekends we try to squeeze in some active family time (biking, rollerblading, volleyball, badminton, tennis). I love the water (beaches, lakes, pools etc) and love to swim if I get the opportunity to do so.

Been on MFP for a long time (on/off) but started with this group about 8mo ago after (losing about 15 lbs) having reached goal weight during a family weigh loss challenge, but then gaining it back.
    - Stats: 5'2" / SW: 147 / CW: 136'ish
    - I am close to goal weight of 130lbs , and I've been there before but the maintaining is key 🔑

@jessicakrall8 ready for the July step challenge * Goal 6k steps

Sharing a few pics from our camping trip
    41fixhpw6nvo.jpg
    s49u21ezu4tk.jpg

e0doy32z9e3b.jpg

• Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member

I got you @Nataliewr0403 ...great loss this week! Enjoy your weekend! If you wear a watch for steps (Apple, Garmen, Fitbit, etc) that works too on elliptical or rower...as long as you place the watch on the part of the body doing the work (pants pocket, etc)...I sometimes walk in stores with a cart and put my watch in my pocket.

Just a thought...Jessica[/quote]

I wish the rower would count steps, because I burn more Cals in that contraption than in the elliptical. Lol.
  • bassclef
    bassclef Posts: 29 Member
    Bassclef
    Friday weigh in July
    PW 190
    CW 188
This discussion has been closed.