• StacyAru
    StacyAru Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Goal: 8000 steps

6/30: 8854
    7/1: 1295
    7/2: 10,992

Took the dog for a hike yesterday. Decided to do a different hike than planned when we got to the trailhead, and yikes... it was tough!

Off to play golf. Playing 18 holes, so we'll get a cart. However... great tip about putting the tracker in your pocket. When I walk 9 holes, I try to push my cart with my right hand so my left can swing. But I don't always remember to do that, nor do it while walking up steep hills. I also get annoyed when I walk all around a store pushing a cart, and don't get any steps!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

yt10ycazblnl.png
    9y7efhvy98aa.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    zxoq5061376y.png

By Pounds
    r4y9qgqi1pw3.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    wlhx04s618im.png

By Pounds
    nn8vvhe9r64l.png
    ss80r6jun0rs.png

Team Winners
    3pu4gqgxevk8.png

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS to the winners and to those with honorable mentions for the week! Great job everyone! So, how will your focus change for next week?! Share your thoughts!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,328 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Jessica asked: So, how will your focus change for next week?!

This week, I will focus on better sleep habits. I need to improve the number of sleeping hours, but I'll also test out ways to improve the quality of my sleep. For example, I'll try to go to bed at the same time each night and wake up at the same time each morning since I heard that helps.

Last week was rough because I was caring for my father-in-law with dementia and my mother, who has difficulty moving and had a lot of household tasks to complete. I was also taking care of my sister's house and garden while she was on vacation with her family, and helping my son get settled at my mother's house, where he is living for the summer. He can walk to his internship job, which is about 20-25 minutes from her house. I was still working while I was in Boston, and I had to wake up very early a couple of times because of meetings in the pacific island time zone. So, I'm looking forward to a little extra sleep this weekend by going to bed earlier. I think I'll continue to get up at the same time (about 5:00am) because I want to maintain the habit. Now that the high school students are also practicing in the morning, we have to arrive at the boathouse by 6:00am, which means leaving the house about 5:45am.

I'm glad to hear that @bearchested is doing well in this area. Good for you and thanks for the inspiration!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,270 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 asked - So, how will your focus change for next week?!

I am going to stop eating CRAP - I have been eating cheetos for lunches/snacks with my sandwiches or grapes
    I am going to food prep some protein bites that I found on Pinterest, eat more veggies, salads
    Since my husband's CT scan came back clear last week from no signs of cancer AT ALL, but he still needs to do chemo 1 day a week for 2 hours for 3 weeks in a row, then off then the next round - this will be for 4 months - he started last Monday - I need to really start taking care of what I eat and be mindful.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 asked - So, how will your focus change for next week?!

I am going to stop eating CRAP - I have been eating cheetos for lunches/snacks with my sandwiches or grapes
    I am going to food prep some protein bites that I found on Pinterest, eat more veggies, salads
    Since my husband's CT scan came back clear last week from no signs of cancer AT ALL, but he still needs to do chemo 1 day a week for 2 hours for 3 weeks in a row, then off then the next round - this will be for 4 months - he started last Monday - I need to really start taking care of what I eat and be mindful.

@LaurieWrobo Glad to hear your husband's scan came back clear!!! That's awesome!

Cheetos, I'm convinced are created by the devil himself. I love them too, but I can only buy the smaller 1 oz bags or I'd dive head first into the larger ones. It's insane...I totally get what you mean!

I've started buying apples, oranges and bananas and taking them for snacks so that helps and it gives me just enough of a little sweetness tinge to make my head think it's a treat. It's funny that we have to play mind games with ourselves, but at least for me, it works. I'd love to eat bananas every day, but my body tends to hold on to potassium and it's not good for my kidneys, so I'm only allowed to have 1-2 a week. Need to find some more of those lovely seedless tangerines...Cuties...love those too and they're easier to peel than regular oranges.

Hope you have a great week ahead!
    Jessica :smile:
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Step Goal: 8,000/day
    6/26: 5,234
    6/27: 5,447
    6/28: 7,530
    6/29: 8,655 (FINALLY!!!!)
    6/30: 8,437
    7/1: 7,542
    7/2: 8,102
    7/3: 6,878

Having my mother-in-love here was wonderful, and we already miss her! She was only able to stay for a few days, but we got in plenty of quality time with her, and she was so happy to spend time with her grandbabies as well. Our boys loved every second of it!

I have noticed with the step challenge how little I actually walk in a day, and that is something I am going to actively work on. The more I walk, the better I feel. And there is something very motivating when you see that you are not as active as you think you are. That makes a big difference!

YRpPbcw.png
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 @izzyred9400 Thanks! Pretty pleased with my high steps too. :smile:
    @Yukie_OP Lovely pictures of your camping trip. Looks really peaceful!
    @ac204 Glad to hear your family has recovered from covid. I am sure you will knock out that minor gain soon enough.
    @StacyAru Oh, annoying it doesn't track when you push a cart! I have a fitbit and I haven't noticed it stops tracking when I am in the store or pushing the stroller with my cat. Hope you had a good time playing golf.
    @LaurieWrobo Great to hear the CT scan was clear for your husband! I hope he will cope with the treatment as well.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo I'm glad your husband had clear CT scans! Cancer sucks but the treatment has come so far in the last 50 years. Hugs to you.

My husband is recuperating pretty well from his hip replacement. I'm impressed with his determination.

My focus for the week- complete my food diary every day. I do so much better when I log.

Steps

7/1 14,429
    7/2 14,635
    7/3 13,760

I get alot of steps in when I run! Treadmill again this morning. Its just too darn hot!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I love seeing the photos from camping, hiking, and other enjoyable experiences. Thanks for sharing them.

@Pupowl - It sounds as though you’ve been on quite the ‘roller coaster’ ride of emotions with Tinus but I’m sure your careful observation and problem solving efforts will lead to better results.

I hope all the Shape Shifter pets are healthy soon. I’m glad to hear about the improvements after surgery for your dog @SavageMrsMoose. Let’s spread that healing vibe to all our Shape Shifter families!

@LaurieWrobo - Thanks for sharing an update on your husband’s health. It’s great to hear about the recent scan results and I hope he’s not too uncomfortable during the chemotherapy treatments. That sounds like a grueling schedule but I’m sure the uplifting scan report will give you both some much needed strength to face the next phase of his recovery.

@SavageMrsMoose oose - I’m glad to hear your husband’s recovery is going well and he’s feeling determined. How long is a typical healing process for hip surgery?
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited July 2022
    Options
    KHill875 wrote: »
    KHill875

I have completely stalled out. I thought that working out would have produced more results, but I am really going to have to get my eating habits in check if I want to start losing weight.

It’s so difficult when we move closer to our goal weight and it takes longer to lose those final pounds. At one point, I stayed at the same weight for about eight weeks. Finally, I just thought to myself: If my weight is staying the same, it’s better to maintain at the current level instead of gaining.

I agree that it’s a good idea to work on “eating habits.” Most of us can improve in this area. I continue to test out healthier habits like eating more vegetables to fill up on lower calorie options but reframing my mindset - from not losing to not gaining - helped tremendously. I apologize for the unsolicited comment and wish you the best!

-How are you doing with your recommitment to getting your eating habits in check?

Getting better sleep and not eating in the evenings helps me. Sometimes I mistake feeling tired with hunger. So, I have to really reflect on what I need in those late night moments of craving something sweet to keep me going.

-What works for other Shape Shifters when it comes to building better eating habits?
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited July 2022
    Options
    It's Motivational Monday!
    Feel free to add an inspirational quote or mantra that motivates you!
    bm9nm91h78ed.png
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July. So sorry for my quietness. Between work, kids activities, helping my mom, and getting ready for vacation, Im pretty sure I havent sat down in over a week. I will put my steps in hopefully tonight, but I may work late because everyone is calling off due to the holiday. I will try and be a little more active though
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Monday Weigh-In
    Susanna527
    PW: 201.8
    CW: 201.1
This discussion has been closed.