Monday Cup of Joe ~ 7/11/22

Options
manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." ~Yogi Berra

Replies

• manladdvm
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Another cool morning. Sorry Sam, I would send to you if I knew how.
    Dinner out Mexican with a couple that owns and operates a veterinary practice in a nearby town in NY but live in CT. The Heart&Paw Corp that we partnered with is courting them and they wanted to ask us questions about the process. Very nice people and food was pretty authentic and well prepared. They chose the restaurant because he is from the Mexico City region. They are younger than us (50ish) and are looking for a 6 yr partnership.
    Kelly, your DH is a policeman, right? How many years will he have in 3 years?
    Can someone explain to me why two spaces after a period is no longer a thing?

BBB OP ;-)

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Lee, overall, how has that partnership been for your practice? Are you glad you did it?

Tucker had a blast yesterday hosting "Trixie" .... a 2 y/o Choco Lab for a few hours of pool/play time. Poor guy has slept nearly 12 straight hours.

HOT/Humid expected for the entire week here. Boss is still out - so late afternoon pool enjoyment is all I might get to expect.

Going to go check on getting Vette scheduled in earlier so I can have it back for a car show at end of the month. Fingers crossed.

Mary, is vacation over?
    Sam, rails are simple. We had to do the stairlift in our last house for DFIL.
    Dennis, did they change the locks and remove your mug from the break room?

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Dennis, that sounds frustrating. I've been there, and I get it. As the worship leader, when that happened to us, I did a last minute music change and we only sang super-familiar songs so that the congregation, for the most part, knew the words. Think Amazing Grace. Blessed Be Your Name. Forever. And songs where they repeat a leader line by line, like I Am Free and I Believe in Jesus.

I remember one Easter morninng ... EASTER. Kind of a big day, right? I'd written a drama that was to be integrated into the service in parts. We had a full choir, plus the full band. All kinds of hooplah. And that morning the enter sound system failed us! No sound at all. Nothing. We all gathered in the front for prayer, and I prayed. In that prayer, we accepted the reality of the tech, and acknowledged that, in truth, all we really need to worship is a heart and a God. Voices are unnecessary. Vision is unnecessary. All the things we want in our humanity are unneccesary. We had hearts, and we had God, and we committed to worship anyway. And, no joke or exaggeration, we heart a loud "thump" in the system right then and there, in the middle of the prayer, and the system came back on. That was powerful! I'll never forget.

I'm with you, Lee ... I don't want to retire. At least in this moment, I don't. I love what I do! I am definitely open to the possibility that my mind may change one day, but as of right now I plan to work until they kick me out.

We leave for vacation next Saturday morning, so this week is lots of prepping. We'll be going up to Burt Lake for our annual week in the cabins (we have 3 this year) on the lake. It will be a slightly smaller group, and I'm kinda looking forward to less crowding. The big challenge will be that Dd30 and her Dh will NOT be with us, but their 3 kids WILL be. So it will be some more work on our part, especially getting the 2 year old to sleep. Hopefully all will go well.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

So Lisa's DD30 is taking advantage of a group sitting situation and getting R&R at home sans kids. Smart lady.

Lee - does locum tenens work exist in veterinary medicine? My dad did that for a while after he closed his practice and it allowed them to travel a bit.

May get to 111° today. 🙄
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Lou, I see that they are warning about rolling blackouts in Texas, today. Good luck.

We are entering a Northwest heatwave, here. It will be 87 today. Ha.

Errands with DW today.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Cooler today highs in 80's and much less chance of rain today and tomorrow
    DMIL does not seem to be having any trouble maneuvering up and down stairs
    Lou, maybe time for a vacation in South America
    I really feel folks should be able to retire when they are comfortable and feel they funds to retire;
  • manladdvm
    Options
    Locum tenens works very well in vet med.
    My DW wanted to do the thing with Heart&Paw. Not me. I would have been happier getting a real office manager and hiring a young vet that aspired to ownership. We would not have gotten as much $$$ but it would been much more palatable for me. But it was not a battle I was willing to wage.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning gang.

Got in a lovely bike ride yesterday with two big hills. Got to rest halfway right by the salt river. Today likely the same or similar route.

Tour de France rest day so need to finalize travel for this winter. And maybe a nap… I was up before 7 which is rare without an alarm.

Have fun on vacation Lisa.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • It's Monday, breakfast with the ROMEOs.
    • Picking up my neighbor after his dialysis. This gives his wife the opportunity to play cards with some of her friends. He is preparing to start home dialysis soon.
    • Cooler weather here is appreciated.
    • Lisa, we had sound yesterday, just needed to pull out the hymnals.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Yes. Police officer mandatory retirement at 65 and 1 month.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good evening

First day back to home office. Had a wonderful 10 days at lake.

Got into the Netflix docu "Alone" on couple raining times at lake. Its a survival contest show... Picked it back up here tonite at home, after grocery shopping and getting Tom to pick up his hopefully fixed Harley. Lifters. Cam plate oil pump were all replaced now.

We got some hard rain showers tonite. Tom got soaked riding home. Forcast looks great here for the week. We're staying home this next couple weeks,, and meeting up for some live music on Fri with friends.

Retirement is way off for me. But I hope to be doing something more enjoyable in future.

I bet the Aunts and Uncles can help with dd1s crew at the lake, Lisa! Have Fun! Lake times are goods times !

Kelly, we caught some nice bluegills, a *kitten*, a big crappie, did well out couple times! Fished 12 ft deep. With nightcrawlers. The Lake water is warming up !

Kelly Enjoy ds1s visit! Is the gf coming too?

Steph your life amazes me! Do you ever do any outings in different cities with the online site called "meet up" . My gf was into that when she moved across the country and met some new friends to do stuff they had in common...

Got all caught with emails and work today 7am to 5pm.

Good night