Shape Shifters Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Steps-

Sorry I might be reposting some earlier days…

7/17 25,360
    7/18 19,138
    7/19 9688
    7/20 15,372
    7/21 12,341
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 196.0
    CW 198.5

I did not see that one coming. Guessing it’s mostly water weight. I was better drinking water earlier in the week but have slacked off the past few days. Does anyone use a water tracking app? I am trying Water Llama but I’m not wild about it so I’m wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

After my last post on Tuesday I managed to hurt myself, likely at the gym earlier in the day. Not only my knee, but my lower back and left shoulder. I’m a mess! Haven’t slept well the past two nights but I did go to the gym this morning. Lots of stretching, and I cut down on the weights a bit. Plan to hop in the shower with soothing water, then several ice sessions later today. May see if I can schedule a deep tissue massage for Monday. I’m feeling a bit better today so I’m hoping to keep progressing.

My husband is on a medical mission trip this week and I thought I would get so much done while he’s gone, since he basically hasn’t left the house since the pandemic started. I’m so frustrated with my pain issues this week but at least I may get caught up with my Disney and Netflix queues!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    @jessicakrall8 your Hazel looks so cheeky !!
    Glad they are getting on well with your renovations.I know how hard the disruption can be! We had a leak when we were away & my builder still hasn't been in touch to sort it.I will say a prayer for you to be sorted at work & complete all your reports on time.
    I have an idea for next week's challenge.@PatriceFitnessPal posted an article on " Eat the Rainbow" maybe we could do that.There are lots of printable weekly diaries online.I also need to try new veggies & fruits so would welcome a bit of variety.

Hey @izzyred9400, we just did an "eat the rainbow" this month...It started on Jul 3rd and that was arranged by @katmary71 who had a huge team of people pretty psyched about it. It was fun because I'd never done one of those. She's great with growing lots of veggies, so really made it interesting. Here was the announcement.
    vk4kht1l406a.png

Let me know if you think of anything else...I'm always open to new ideas!!
    Jessica
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 214 Member
    cre804 wrote: »
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 196.0
    CW 198.5

I did not see that one coming. Guessing it’s mostly water weight. I was better drinking water earlier in the week but have slacked off the past few days. Does anyone use a water tracking app? I am trying Water Llama but I’m not wild about it so I’m wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

After my last post on Tuesday I managed to hurt myself, likely at the gym earlier in the day. Not only my knee, but my lower back and left shoulder. I’m a mess! Haven’t slept well the past two nights but I did go to the gym this morning. Lots of stretching, and I cut down on the weights a bit. Plan to hop in the shower with soothing water, then several ice sessions later today. May see if I can schedule a deep tissue massage for Monday. I’m feeling a bit better today so I’m hoping to keep progressing.

My husband is on a medical mission trip this week and I thought I would get so much done while he’s gone, since he basically hasn’t left the house since the pandemic started. I’m so frustrated with my pain issues this week but at least I may get caught up with my Disney and Netflix queues!

Hope you're feeling better. I just track my water in the MFP app. I also switched my primary water bottle to a liter bottle so it's easy to remember to drink 4 liters.
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 214 Member
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 197.0
    CW: 195.6
    LTD: 11.4

• ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    AC204
    Friday
    PW: 193
    CW: 194.6 😞

It's been a stressful week! My water heater went out & sooo expensive to replace 😕 I was getting bids & trying to keep up with work so long days with fast food and stress eating. Anyway, it's finally fixed. Hoping to get my mind back in the game but keep getting sidetracked.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 905 Member
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 138.4
    CW 138
    Steps
    7/18 9,488
    7/19 8,875
    7/20 8,852
    7/21 19,538
    7/22 5,099
    Sorry @jessicakrall8 that's when I was on holiday ,that's why I missed it.Maybe something on similar lines to add variety to food choices.Sometimes we can get into the habit of buying the same foods from the supermarket & eating a limited range of foods during our weight loss journey.I know I do this & I think you stick to certain go to foods.They say doing the same exercise every day your body gets used to it & it doesn't have the same benefits.Variety is better,maybe the same with food ?
    Just an idea 🙂
  • bassclef
    bassclef Posts: 29 Member
    Bassclef
    Friday
    PW 188
    CW 188
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    @jessicakrall8 I forgot to let you know that I am away this Saturday and next Saturday.
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Ewilhelm2487
    PW:241.4
    CW:242.2
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Nataliewr0403

PW 138.4
    CW 137.4

Steps
    7/16. 7549
    7/17. 8727
    7/18. 7345
    7/19. 7282
    7/20. 7363
    7/21. 10488
    7/22. 6289
  • jessicakrall8
    The July Week 5 Group Challenge is posted and will begin on Sun, Jul 24th. I hope you'll join us for Creativity & the Balanced Plate. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10869980/july-week-5-group-challenge-creativity-the-balanced-plate#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    edited July 2022
    ckdizwh1pr2p.jpg
    Missing the following weigh-ins this week (incl today):
    @StacyAru
    @KHill875
    @cosmiccurves (x2)
    @Yukie_OP

Stats start early tomorrow...report in today! Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    My goodness, where are y'all all hiding out tonight?! I hope you found somewhere cool to hang out...it is HOT here in Virginia! UGH! I'm going back to laying in front of the fan!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    @jessicakrall8 - I remember the mess and disruption during our kitchen renovation. It must have been really flustering to have to your dinner plan upended by the electrician cutting your power. It sounds as though you rebounded quickly with a backup plan for making the best of your grocery shopping and managing any take-out orders wisely. Good for you!
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 379 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hi everyone,

Happy "International Self-Care Day!" Real talk: I had a significant "lapse" (but not a "relapse" and NOT a "collapse") and I slipped up last week; so I am using this special, commemorative day to take better care of ME! Here are my stats:

SUNDAY weigh-in:
    HW: 217.0 02/29/08 (Highest Weight) - 54 down as of 06/26/22
    PW: 162.0 06/26/22 (Here we go again!) :)
    PW: 163.0 07/03/22 (+1.0 from 06/26)
    PW: 162.2 07/10/22 (+0.2 from 06/26)
    PW: 161.6 07/17/22 (-0.4 from 06/26)
    CW: 163.8 07/17/22 (+1.8 from 06/26)

8hd8eanu3h3g.jpg
    The problem is that when I drink alcohol, I lose all inhibitions and end up overeating all the "wrong" things - things that are not good for me!

My self-care promise is to cut out all alcohol COMPLETELY, period! This week's experiment should show me what a BIG difference this will make in my wellness efforts.

Would you like to share in the celebration of this special day? Here is a link to get you started:
    https://selfcarefederation.org/international-self-care-day-page

Like so many of us, here in Boston we are having quite the heat wave! I look forward to the humidity breaking and the temps going back down! Stay COOL out there everyone!
    abuvur1rnur3.jpg

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,146 Member
    Daily Step goal: 10,000
    Fri 7/22: 10,373
    Sat 7/23: 10,274
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 379 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hi Jessica, So glad you're feeling better and that your test was NEGATIVE! I have to get tested often because I work at Mass General Brigham and they are very cautious. Too bad whenever I get a cold I cough for weeks! Riding the bus can be a real challenge because you're trying not to frighten anyone by coughing, LOL! Finally, It's on the way out. Mucinex DM 12-hour made all the difference for me! :)

Stay COOL and best wishes! (Carole) <3
This discussion has been closed.