Shape Shifters Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    @jessicakrall8

I'm supposed to weigh in on Fridays and this would be my first....but we are still on vacation and I have no access to a scale. I'm not sure of the process...should I post a weigh in when we get back mid-week or wait until next Friday?

We're doing lots of hiking and biking in the mountains and I went for a kayak this morning....it's so beautiful here! I'm sleeping much better this week too, which will hopefully help to set me up for some small successes.

You're new with us for August @pedal__power so your first weigh in won't be until Friday Aug 5th. Enjoy your vacation and you'll start once you return on next Friday. Thanks for checking in!! Hope you have a wonderful time out of town!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    @khill875 @bearchested and @PatriceFitnessPal I am so very sorry for the losses of your fur babies. It's never easy to let them go...I hope you'll take some time to heal and when you feel like you have room for a new friend rescue and love another one through an amazing life. May they rest in peace and run free until you see them again one day. Heaven is filled with all things that make us happy...that includes our furry friends. **big hugs**
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    @cre804 I'm glad you're feeling better but very sorry for your family emergency...hope you have a nice peace filled weekend!
    Jessica
  • msashleybing
    msashleybing Posts: 40 Member
    Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I’m just starting my journey after gaining some pregnancy weight. My little man is going to be one soon, so it’s time to get to work. I started working on calorie counting and adding workouts around the beginning of July, but have been on vacation this last week. I’m hoping to put in some serious effort moving forward though.

I would also like to participate in the steps challenge. My current goal is to be hitting 6000 nearly every day by the end of August.
  • bassclef
    bassclef Posts: 29 Member
    Bassclef
    Friday weigh in
    PW 188
    CW 188
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 882 Member
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 138
    CW 137.8
    Steps
    7/27 13,666
    7/28 19,569
    7/29 6,585
    Bit disappointed at this week's weigh in but it's a loss,so I'll take it.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    The August Team Chat is open! Finish up today's weigh-ins here, and go to the new month to introduce yourself, tell everyone about your goals and commitments for August:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10870452/shape-shifters-team-chat-august-2022/p1?new=1
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    The August Habit Tracker is also up and ready to be filled in -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10870457/f2f-habit-tracker-august-2022#latest

Think about a few things you really want to commit to this coming month, follow the instructions in the post, then make the check marks grow!
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 209 Member
    edited July 2022
    @LaurieWrobo @pedal__power @StacyAru @jessicakrall8 thank you all for the kind words

@PatriceFitnessPal I'm sorry to hear about your loss of Mitch.
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    nataliewr0403

Saturday
    PW 137.4
    CW 137.4

Steps
    7/23 10,697
    7/24 5,661
    7/25 7,629
    7/26 8,013
    7/27 6,955
    7/28 9,012
    7/29 8,733

you all have a great week
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Steps:
    7/26 8,862
    7/27 8,781
    7/28 9,440
    7/29 9,002
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 373 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hi everyone! Hope you're staying cool and you're not dealing with any of the extreme weather and other dangerous situations going on right now!

So steps. It's kinda hard because my cheapo fitness watch records planned workouts but it doesn't retain your daily steps past the current day. I've been emailing and texting my steps; so let's see how many I can find:

MON 7/25: 12,889
    TUE 7/26: 23,345! (includes Zumba class, 60")
    WED 7/27: 23,058
    THU 7/28: 20,772
    FRI: 07/20: 22,375 (includes Morroccan & Egyptian dance class, 60")

I have not had ONE DROP of any alcoholic beverage since Friday, July 22nd! Not missing it either, although I have been tempted. I am staying mindful moment-to-moment with my eyes on my wellness goals. The number of steps above also include a Zumba class on Tuesday and a Morroccan and Egyptian dance class on Friday. (Both were held outdoors in a very public area, but I'm not shy, LOL!) I've walked to and from work on most days and that's two miles each way, plus when I walked to and from the dance classes it was at least a mile each way.

About eating, I haven't been tracking, but I've been very careful! I had a sliver of a fruit pie on two days, but they were days when I did a LOT of activity; so hopefully I made up for that. I've been drinking a lot more water, too.

Weigh-in tomorrow morning should be a pleasant experience. The scale said 163.8 lbs. last Sunday, which was a significant gain. I'm expecting to weigh about 161 or maybe even less tomorrow, but if I don't see that, I won't give up. I'll just keep trying.

I am at somewhat of a crossroad right now because I'm challenging a $200 rent increase and demanding a minimum of three, overdue maintenance tasks (air conditioner, front door repair and kitchen linoleum) before I agree and I sent a letter stating these conditions (with the current rent amount) certified, priority and return receipt. As an "easy out" option that I called, "WIN-WIN!", I've proposed to leave the rent where it is, and I can live with the apartment as it is.) I've been notified that my landlord has received it; so let the games begin! (And may the odds be ever in my favor!) ;) I should mention that my apartment hasn't been painted in 34 years and the carpet is 35 years old! (I've lived here since 1983 and have paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in rent to date.) Our of 464 payments, I have only been late TWICE and once was when they moved and didn't tell us their new address! The other was November, 2021 while I was waiting for the first check at my new job because I was down to NO MONEY. I paid November's rent on November 9th and I paid the December rent on November 16th (to make up for being late in November)! All other rent payments were early and I never complained...ever - unless it was an urgent safety issue. So...Let's see what happens!

My friend sent me a funny 4th of July picture she took of me when I was visiting her. I share it with you:
    an0ufhu3o5xy.jpg

I will post my weigh-in tomorrow. Best wishes to all and enjoy your weekend!
    swp0w5rghfsj.jpg

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Hi SS....A new member is joining your team ...Please welcome @kateineu
  • Walela617
    Welcome, Kateineu! <3
    qwyd1l7hnhed.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    Walela617 wrote: »
    So steps. It's kinda hard because my cheapo fitness watch records planned workouts but it doesn't retain your daily steps past the current day. I've been emailing and texting my steps; so let's see how many I can find:

MON 7/25: 12,889
    TUE 7/26: 23,345! (includes Zumba class, 60")
    WED 7/27: 23,058
    THU 7/28: 20,772
    FRI: 07/20: 22,375 (includes Morroccan & Egyptian dance class, 60")

@walela617 I went all the way back to page 19 and read to see if I'd missed where you had signed up for the step challenge...if I missed you, I apologize, but I don't have you registered for July. If you'd like I can add you now or wait and add you to August. You have some great steps starting on the 25th so i'm ok to do either one, but please let me know. Also, I need your daily step goal, your first name for the chart(s) and whether you'll keep the same goal for August or change it. Finally, just as a matter of conversation, I always ask "what's your favorite place to walk"?

Let me know and again, if I missed your request for July, I'm sorry, but I can get it updated if you provide the steps and give me the "go ahead".

I'm curious about your Egyptian dance class...sounds fascinating!!! How fun!
    Jessica

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited July 2022
    Saturday Study Group

As we finish up the week and close out the July Shape Shifter Chat space, it’s a good time to visit the MFP “Nutrition” section that summarizes our tracking data. I use the “week” view to reflect on my weekly calorie average, nutritional information, and macronutrient balance.

Do other Shape Shifters have a strategy for measuring progress and making adjustments?

This week, I noticed that my daily average was 300 calories over my maintenance target! 😬 There isn’t a lot of difference between the calorie target I had when actively trying to lose a half pound per week and my maintenance level. I’m thinking about setting my calorie goal lower since I seem to be exceeding my calorie limit by just a couple hundred calories can quickly lead to a gain. So, it might look as though I’m going back to “weight loss” mode, in reality, I’m just trying to prevent a gain. My problem is that I often slowly add a small number of extra calories by being careless with tracking, which leads to incremental gains over time. My macro balance and nutrition were both good so I hope adding a new monthly habit tracker goal to eat at least five servings of fruit and vegetables will help me feel full while reducing my daily calorie intake.

What did you learn through reflection this week? Do you have any new goals or adjustments to make based on what you learned?
  • Walela617
    edited July 2022
    Hi Jessica, Oh! I get it...no need to add me to July, but I would love to join for August (my birthday month) so I can start out on the right foot (GET it?) ;)

I haven't been consistent in logging my steps anyway. My goal used to be 8,000 per day, but now that I'm walking to and from work both ways (over 4 miles most days) I would like to increase my daily target to 10,000 steps. My first name is Carole.

My favorite place to walk (right now) is the Minuteman Bike Trail by Spy Pond (Arlington, MA). This bike trail is so long it goes Somerville to Arlington to Lexington...but Spy Pond has geese, ducks, swans and all kinds of other birds. They're kind of messing it up with all the condos they've been building, but I still love it. I also love the reservoir at Fresh Pond (Cambridge, MA) near where my son and his wife live. We always go there and have a Greek picnic on Mother's Day and near my birthday (August 18th) and then we go for a nature hike because there's a lot of different trees and flowers there too. Of course I love walking on the beaches but I haven't been yet this summer, although I do plan to. And my best friend lives in Maine and I also like to hike near the woods where she lives. It's hard to pick a true favorite. The walk to and from work is pretty cool too because we have a lot of great architecture (I prefer the older) in Cambridge and Somerville and I always look for the cats in the windows (there's lots of them). I've seen so many bunnies outside too this summer!

So yeah, please put me down for August? It will help me to be more consistent with "intended activity".

Thanks so much and enjoy your weekend! (Carole)

Here's a picture of my cat dealing with the heat wave, Summer nickname, "Roadkill"!
    cyuyuoqkzt3y.jpg
  • Walela617
    This cat's name is Mimichou, I got her as a rescue in 2006 when she was about 8 months old, meaning she is over 17 years old (birthday estimated around June 9th, 2005)!
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    AC204
    Friday weigh in
    PW 194.4
    CW 194.4
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 882 Member
    @khill875 @bearchested @PatriceFiitnessPal Just saw this while browsing on the Internet.Thought it was beautiful & highlighted the grief of losing a beloved family pet.
    28cf182ywffw.png
This discussion has been closed.