Sunday Cup of Joe ~ 8/7/22

Options
manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." ~Yogi Berra

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Humidity continues. Probably the single reason why I haven't posted in a couple of days. Computer room has been pretty uncomfortable, even with a fan.
    Trying to catch up on posts.

BBB OP ;-)
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday morning BBB Friends.
    • Up early so I can run the TV cameras at church. It's been a while since I've done that.
    • Braves lost a double header to the Mets yesterday. Not good.
    • Life goes on.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning

Up and on the road for Ocean City, MD. Poor Tucker knows something is up.

Hot as blazes yesterday.

Cheers
    Skipper
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! Hot and humid here, too, Lee. This is pretty much the first few days all summer that I've felt uncomfortable weather-wise, though ... that's pretty good.

We have our big WW Coaches gathering coming up this next week from Thursday - Sunday, which means I've been doing so many things to get ready. This year it's also going to run over my bff's 60th birthday. How perfect is that? I've had a hard time coming up with really awesome gifts for her, so I've been making her some stuff and I picked up a few things. She and her hubby were one of the Masters and Mistressed of our daughter's wedding, so I made her a floral ring out of some of those flowers to hang in her new 3 season room. I also picked up a cute inspirational book, a little keychain that has a 60th birthday saying on it, and a light blue baseball cap that says "Vintage 1952". The gift I'll be working on today is a big wooden sign for their new hot tub area. It's tall and thin and made of several colors of wood and I'm painting it specially for them, with words and bubbles. I also ordered her a 60th birthday tiara and gold sash, and a really fabulous looking cake from a bakery by the airBnB we're renting. I believe we have 19 coaches (or previous coaches since so many have quit since the pandemic) coming.

So, that means today is church and then painting. Should be a decent day!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

it will be 94, in Tumwater, today, but with low humidity. Plan to go to church, then get in some time in the shop.

Vintage 1952 would be 70, would it not?
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

We took the bikes to a canal trail yesterday. Nice ride but had to cross streets every 1/2 mile or so. Won’t do it again. Today I can hear the wind howling so I want to just do a neighborhood loop and work on skills ( I still su€k at stand up riding ).

We’ve been watching visit Cuba YouTube videos all week. I think we are ready to map a route and book accommodations soon.
  • Authenticity3
    Options
    You're right, Dave ... it's 1962. Oops!
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Sounds like our friend would love the surprise, Lisa. It'd be a shame if word were to leak out to her somehow. *evil laugh* But seriously, you've got my Venmo right? 🤣

Suprsingly, there was only one clothes shopping stop yesterday - at Ross - and only because it was right next to where we had dinner. Of course, when we got back last night she remembered there's a pair of shoes she'll need for hiking on our trip to Fort Davis. She did drag me to Aldi yesterday though, so torturing me was still on her mind.

The rain was a bit scattered yesterday. Nothing actually hit Austin proper but some of the nearby suburbs got their yards watered briefly.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Good morning

Lisa, those gifts seem perfect!

Heat index here is down to low 70s, it moved out with the storm during the night across the pond to Lisa. Hope things at the glamper are good, the radar showed a lot of red there last night. We'll ask neighbor to check.

I'm going to get out today and visit Maddie dog and Co. The house arrest was lifted and I've retested neg.

Be well BBB
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Yay Mary!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Men's breakfast this morning, then Church, then Sunday school reckon I did OK
    DD and DGS gone home
    No plans this afternoon
    Test at 7:30 in morning which means I need to be up and leaving house by 6:30 then about 8 miles away doctors appointment 8:30
    Being 70 means too many doctors and test
    DDIL's daycare had 6 kids test positive for COVID, from 4 months to 4 y.o.; closed this week DDIL and DS tested negative.
  • Authenticity3
    Options
    Check out the sign ... I just finished it. The lettering is just okay, but I love the bubbles! zd1ves3w968a.jpg
  • Authenticity3
    Options
    Lou, check's in the mail.