Leslie Sansone August 2022 Walk & Workout Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited July 2022 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!

The August 2022 Walk & Workout Challenge is right around the corner, so now is the time to be thinking about what your new challenge goals are!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, or streaming walks and workouts, continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors in the heat, and for some of us that definitely means triple digit heat this summer B) .
Also, because it is summer, walking or hiking outdoors just might well be a pleasant alternative to the indoor activities for those who enjoy getting their miles or minutes outdoors, especially if you have the opportunity to do so during the cooler part of the early morning or later in the evening, or perhaps live in a more temperate area or state.

This group is open to any and all walkers. Some of us use the treadmill, as well as other other forms of working out including strength or yoga etc. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk/ workout in... so come on in and join us! Post your miles, minutes or workouts that you have walked or did, however you did them... it is all much more than good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal however you want to do it this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Feel free to post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like or are able to so.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk or workout for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) ! It is our privilege to welcome you and get to know you. So please feel free to start today... then by the end of this month you will be that much closer to your health goals.
It is never too late to join in πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜.

Tie up those workout/ walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking or working out!

If you are walking it is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know πŸ˜‰. Also please share any other workouts you are doing to help inspire and encourage one another.

Come on in, and let's start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this often, but I am truly grateful for each one of our members who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, or pound by pound lifted each month.
I am grateful for all who post, especially when my month doesn't go as planned and the time slips by without my getting online to add my postings or to read yours.

I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are also awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

So now... let us lace up our shoes πŸ‘ŸπŸ‘Ÿ and remember to get our water... while we begin to walk and workout during August of 2022 🌼 🌞.

Let us walk with determination and extra hydration,

Texasgardnr 🀠🌺
Β«1

Replies

• Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I'm doing really well with this goal I set in June so I'm gonna continue it for another month. It gives me what I call "lazy days" but also helps keep me moving.

August Goal: 130,000 steps / 65 miles

Totals: 0 steps / 0 miles
  • mypinkbikini
    mypinkbikini Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My goal for August is to get to 45 continuous minutes walk at least once every day with a bonus evening walk that will probably be shorter and slower but it's good to be out in nice weather!

I'm hopeful by the end of August I'll be walking 2+ miles consistently in that 45 minutes. I'm working hard on that walk to be my exercise walk and push my body to regain stamina and strength.

I ended July at 6000 steps most days. My goal for August is to end at 9000 steps most days! I think it's very doable if I remember to get up and move during my work day as that is important for my mental health and because postop I'm still at risk for clots.

I love waking in the sunshine! Bring on August walks!!! 🌻🌞
  • balbo13
    balbo13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    New to the team!
    My August goal is 10K/day (so 31K)
    I'm good on my work days, so my biggest challenge will be on my weekends! I'm aiming to post daily! :)
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group @balbo13 glad to have you join us.

I barely met my mileage goal last month, so I'll keep that the same. Apple seems eager to keep me moving this month too.

August Goals

Mileage Tracked: 85 miles
    Apple Watch Challenge: Burn 15,100 calories this month ( Average of 484/day).

• balbo13
    Options
    August 1: 16,114

Cumulative: 16,114/310,000
  • balbo13
    Options
    August 2: 20,335
    Cumulative: 36,449/310,000
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    August Goal: 130,000 steps / 65 miles

Totals: 10,550 steps / 5.25 miles
  • balbo13
    Options
    August 3: 14,395
    Cumulative: 50,844/310,000
    :)
  • balbo13
    Options
    Didn't quite make it yesterday...

August 4: 8,927
    Cumulative: 59,771/310,000
  • balbo13
    Options
    missed again...but better than most previous weekends, So...yay!
    August 5: 8,519
    Cumulative: 68,290/310,000
  • lovelylittlegiggles
    lovelylittlegiggles Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    So glad to be back and walking! I've been sdentsry for far too long, thanks to a business that keeps me in my seat and in front of the computer. I'm here. I'm or sent. And I am dedicated. My goals are to walk 45 minutes daily. I've downloaded the walk app and I love it. I no longer have Leslie's classic DVD's :(, but between YouTube and the app I have many options.
  • balbo13
    Options
    August 6: 12,113
    Cumulative: 80,403/310,000
  • mypinkbikini
    mypinkbikini Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention, I renewed my annual subscription to Leslie walk at home app to keep me walking as the weather gets too rainy/ cold etc this year and with a goal of incorporating some of her strength workout this fall too when I am cleared by my medical team
  • lovelylittlegiggles
    Options
    @mypinkbikini I have that app and love it. It is so worth it. I hope you reach your goals.
  • lovelylittlegiggles
    Options
    Hi. Walked 2 miles with Leslie today.
  • balbo13
    Options
    August 7, 15,506
    Cumulative: 95,909/310,000

August 8, 17,298
    Cumulative:113,207/310,000
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    August Goals

Mileage Tracked: 21.09 / 85 miles
    Apple Watch Challenge: Burn 3976 / 15,100 calories this month ( Average of 484/day).

After another heat wave, I got a small walk outside tonight.
  • balbo13
    Options
    August 9, 17,320
    Cumulative: 130527/310,000
  • balbo13
    Options
    August 10, 16,480
    Cumulative: 147,007/310,000

August 11, 4,833
    Cumulative: 151,840/310,000