Thursday Cuppa Joe: 8.18.22

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.” – W. Bruce Cameron

Replies

• DocSkippy
    Options
    Another trek downtown today - TWO full days of time wasted to commutes; parking; just to get a new PIV Card that will get me into our multiple office buildings! This is the height of fraud/waste/abuse of time! 🤬🤬🤬

Planning to take half day after I get out of here this morning and again tomorrow too!

Funny story.....when I was in the Presidential Honor Guard, I had a "guy" at Pentagon City that I would drop my boots off to (rotating three pairs). He had them looking like mirrors all the time! In 90's I think it cost me $5.00 a pair.

Cheers,
    SKipper
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I hope it all goes smoothly for you, Skip.

I've been a bit crazy-busy again here. We had our big coach's gathering last weekend from Thurs-Sun, and it was AMAZING. We haven't had one since 2019 because of the pandemic. We MISSED each other so much! It felt like coming home to each other. We spent the majority of the time at the big house (we rented a beautiful old AirBnB with a huge yard and lots of lakefront footage) bonding, playing games, doing crafts, having deep discussions and bonding activities and cooking and eating and loving each other. Such beautiful memories!

Today the recovery ministry that I've been working on since January at my church officially launches. Our first meeting is a Recovery Bible study tonight. It's not a new study - I've led it every Thursday (even on holidays) for 6 years already. But it's new to that church, and I do expect a good number of newbies. It will be hybrid - both in person and on Zoom simultaneously. Jim is coming with me to help me figure out the technology for that. I bought a nice table mic/speaker that will help us, too.

For those of us meeting in Virginia soon, I'M SO EXCITED! It's about a month out now! I'll be messaging you all in the next few days about final payments ... I think they take the remainder out of my account 1 month before, which is almost here.

I hope you've all been happy and well! Hugs!

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Google confirms her flights made it to Brazil, so the Summer of Lou is upon us!

I think I already got bachelorhood out of my system last night. Wingstop for dinner and Wednesday night drinks with the guys. I think I'm ready for a nice salad for lunch today and an early bedtime tonight.

7na23uhwh8li.jpg
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • The Summer of Lou. I'll warn my Texas in-laws.
    • Looking forward to Lake Anna. I feel like I'm becoming a Virginian. Between Boys Nation, an upcoming motorcycle rally and the BBB Retreat I'm spending a lot of time there this summer.
    • Thinking about you and your family Mary.
    • Did Toad make it home?
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

If I was left as a bachelor I'd take hikes, go fishing, play in my shop and spend my evenings watching TV ... But that's what I do anyway.

Got the yard work done yesterday, before it got too hot. A new tool (a power carver) came in the mail, so today I will spend time playing with that.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

So glad she gets to visit her family.

We are up early on sleep in day to go kayaking. Good thing since pool guy is here at6:30 and training a new girl so making tons of noise. I’d be unhappy if I was still sleeping.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    Excited too for Virginia meetup!

Anyone else able to join in absence of Raine/Tom? I think we still have a few extra rooms left!

Gonna be alot of fun to unwind with everyone for a few days!

~Skip
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Looked like a great time in all the photos Lisa. Sending prayers for your meeting tonight... I'm sure you'll ace it.

I'm knee deep in finding older photos of my bil that I have, for his family's memorial boards, they are making this weekend. He was bestman at our wedding in 1985. Gosh we all look like kids. We were!

Stay out of trouble Lou! Lol

Have a good day everyone!
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    Summer of Lou looks like 365 of Skip🍺🍺
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Eye is better, said it would likely take another three weeks to totally clear; gave me additional drops to use. Had said I was going to ride Toad up to Athens this morning, weather forecaster said rain going through there, got there streets had water puddled but after the rain.
    Its been nice here today, low 80's
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Evenin' BBB

(((Lisa)))
    I like it, "Summer of Lou".
    Great to hear the vision is improving, Sam.
    Girls had good training today.
    I might have shared my sammich with them afterwards.

BBB OP ;-)
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    I too like the “summer of Lou!”

Tomorrow we’re headed to TN with two other couples for an entire day of whitewater rafting. Will be a blast!!!

Ds 1 coming home late tomorrow. We will have all day Sunday with him.

Oh. I’m covered in poison ivy. I pulled weeds all afternoon on Monday. Great. I’m using apple cider vinegar and a poison ivy soap.

I’m down almost 10#. I’d like to lose 5-10 more before September 16. Cruise time.