60 & OVER LETS DO THIS TOGETHER !!

Options
criscra2001
criscra2001 Posts: 14 Member
edited January 3 in Social Groups
This is a group for women 60 and over who are looking for support as they lose weight and improve their health and fitness. This group was started when the creator and former leader saw there were no really active groups for women 60 and over. She said "I figured a new start is Worth a try. I'm 66 & need to lose about 50 lbs. I have lost 25 before and slacked & gained more over the years. I'm done going back & forth. I need to focus & do my best!!!"
We welcome new members. DAILY CHECK IN IS A MUST. PLEASE DO NOT JOIN IF YOU CANNOT CHECK IN EVERYDAY!
We Post Under the Discussion thread called "HOW WAS YOUR DAY???? A DAILY CHECK IN"!!!! Please join us and introduce yourself there!!!! Please do not start a new discussion thread.

Replies

• titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Is this the place for introductions? I am Cat in VA. I am 69 and need to lose 35 pounds. Exercise is hard because I have a bone on bone knee I need to have replaced. I am putting it off by going to acupuncture once a month.
    Tracking calories is my best tool. It forces me to make better choices and practice portion control. Looking at fat pictures of myself provides wonderful motivation.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,276 Member
    Options
    Hi just joined you here, I am 59 coming 60 in October I have another 12lbs to lose to my target but seem to be static. I have hip and back problems that hinder me sometimes but try to get a walk in daily and started to do dumbells last week.
  • criscra2001
    criscra2001 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome To The Group!!!!! We post under "How Was Your Day" Please Join US!
  • annliz23
    Options
    Got a walk in finally so really pleased.
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Thanks for bringing new energy into this group. I'm 63 with at least 23 pounds to lose, and I have been in search of a group of women of similar age. I'm willing to participate here. Good luck to everyone! :)
  • Headed2Goal
    Headed2Goal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just joined mfp. I’m looking for friends for motivation and support. And to be a support
  • annliz23
    Options
    Hi all a sunny day in the UK got a walk in and hoping to do some crunches later.

Hope you all have a great day.
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Up 2!!! But, I can't get my rings on, so I'm pretty sure this is a water weight gain.
    Wishing you both a fantastic week.
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Up two pounds. Grrrrr. It’s birthday cake and Itslian restaurants. Back on track this week.

Randi, when I can’t get my rings on, I drink
    Hot water with the juice of half a lemon for a day and it works every time.
This discussion has been closed.