Thursday Cuppa Joe: 9.15.22

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz (Snoopy)

Replies

• DocSkippy
    edited September 2022
    Options
    G'Morning

Lots done yesterday in preparation of upcoming soiree. Dentist; haircut; etc.

I totally hosed my calendar - with Sept 30 - Oct 3 as our L/Anna trek! I have a retirement to conduct for my boss and a conference now impeding our ability make the full weekend. We will be in for a Saturday night and out Sunday afternoon trek. With other commitments abutting Friday and Monday. Ugh.

tpgijar6uv1v.jpg

Today is putting out fires at work. They announced a very unpopular decision with staff yesterday....

Weather continues to be NICE(r) - so hopeful to get outside with Tucker late afternoon!

~skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Lisa your statement " It means so much to me when my grown children want to connect" is my sentiment exactly.
    Hope the COVID goes away with no lasting effects, Dave.
    Cool, sunny, and breezy. Great for dog training.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Having to type on my phone. Couldn’t log in on PC. I hate typing on my phone.

We are 1/2 positive, here. Rita is, I’m not. That still means 100% quarantined. Rita working in the garden. I’ll hit the shop.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Nothing much going on here. I have a secret shop at a grocery store and not much else planned.

Sorry work is getting in the way of the getaway Skip.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    At gym at 5 this morning for work; not workout. Will be handling September and October billing while manager is on vacation. Refreshing memory of computer and procedures.
    Demoed a couple's bath yesterday, wanted it finished by Saturday; others helping want to wait till Monday to work on again, realize they have another bath but still very inconvenient for stroke victim.
    Hope Rita is better soon, and symptoms remain minor.
    Since Skip will not be there Friday I can bring some BBQ to heat if that is OK for supper with Lisa, Jim, Chris and Dennis; I know BBQ is not ideal for WW but I'm not near goal anyway.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good evening BBB Friends.
    . Smooth but long ride yesterday. About 480 miles. Only about 50 miles on interstate.
    . Today about 225 miles but very demanding. We rode the Blue Ridge Parkway from the Natural Bridge to the northern terminus and then down to Appomattox Courthouse and then back thru Lynchburg to the Inn at Natural Bridge. BMW riders ride a little too fast for my comfort.
    . Sam, PT says DWs back pain is muscle spasms and yoga should be good for it.
    . I hope Rita's and your quarantine is painless and is easy Dave.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Sorry covid is striking again Dave

Busy work day trying to sort out some past due payment issues by a big wheel customer. They've farmed out their accounting dept to Argentina and have big inefficiencies. Go figure

TGIF and pay day

Steph, 20 Miles! Wow good for you!
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    That sounds great, Sam! Will you be doing the whole meal, or should we pick up sides to go with? What are you BBQing?

Skip, we'll save your spot! And we'll wait to have fun until you get there, too. Maybe you can come Friday night after you get out?

It's been a great week! I've been so productive, workshops were amazing, Bible study tonight was awesome, and tomorrow I get to celebrate 9 years of sobriety. I can't wait! I'm bringing a treat to our meeting ... puppy chow. YUM! Life is GOOD! And then next week I get to hug a bunch of you!

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    . Happy birthday Lisa.
    . I'm not waiting for Skip to have fun.
    . Waiting for the fog to lift to start today's ride.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning all

Congrats Lisa. You are such an inspiration to many (or probably all)

We have an interview today for what is likely our last pet sit for awhile. It’s near Denver on the way to Nebraska to visit family. We won’t totally stop housesitting when international but it won’t be our main focus.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    So proud of you, Lisa!