Tuesday Cup of Joe - 10/4/22

Options
lowbar31
lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"Life is a series of dogs." George Carlin

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~

Late start today.

Another rainy/soggy morning. Tucker is enjoying a day at Doggo Daycare (we miss the energy he used to expend in the pool each day)!

HOA ExCom meeting tonight. I'm sure I won't be a popular person as we attempt to reign in spending and shift from 100% paid Medical/Dental/Vision to an employee contribution of 25% as well as strike down the proposed Community Manager request for a 7% pay raise. Insane!

Forgot - next Monday is a Federal Holiday! Woo Hoo! Thinking I might take Friday off and make it a four day weekend!

Hope Ms Moody is feeling 100% now!

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Hurrying to get out the door for a hike. I haven't been on a trail in way too long. Clouds in the Cascades, so I will hike up a river in the Olympics. Really looking forward to it.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Happy hiking Dave.
    How is Carrie feeling today? So sorry to hear about the fall and head injury. Prayers for a speedy and full recovery.
    When do you have a consult with the surgeon in Georgetown?
    Mary, is it SOP to close down lake glamp site this early? Too high a risk of freezing temps?

BBB OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    DW is doing better. Quite a bump on the top of head.....but she'll be okay! Tucker seems to be extra "snugly" knowing she was hurt and not feeling well! His reaction to her crying was interesting to watch!

Oct 12th....

Have a safe hike, SGM!
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Once the water line to the camper starts freezing at night, Tom will winterize it. Basic drain everything and pour RV antifreeze into all the plumbing lines.. We have propane heat in camper and the she shed has electric portable heaters, so we can still go thru Nov., just no water to the camper...we'll see how weather goes.

Happy safe hiking Dave

Tom and ds2 are replacing ds2s garbage disposal tonite, homeownership fun!

I thought Columbus Day was voided, cancelled, outlawed etc. Lol???

Be well BBB

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Started the morning off with my Emmaus Group.
    • Braves put off clinching the NL East title one more day. Jeesh.
    • I'm psyched. I was having a difficult time finding a speaker for the UMM Breakfast next week and the Chairman of the BOE kinda fell in my lap. Lots going on with our schools so I think there will be a lot of interest.
    • Good to hear Tuc is taking care of Mom.
    • Interesting. The hunter from CT wonders why you would shut down a lake house in WI at the end of Oct. The Southern Boy from GA understands completely. I think we have a different definition of cold.
    • Happy hiking Dave.
    • Safe travels Steph.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Well, I wasn't sure how early they see freezing temps at their glamping spot. You definitely don't want your pipes/lines to freeze.
    If winter glamping means no showers or flushable toilet then is it really glamping anymore?
    So we have a new DVM at the practice, 30 yrs old and her name is Pierce. Dr Pierce. I got a blank look when I asked her if her nickname was "Hawkeye".
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I'm glggling at that, Lee! Does that count?
    That's a lot of acronyms, Dennis. I just start making up stuff after a bit. :wink:
    Skip, I'm still sad I didn't get to hug you.

I transitioned one of my meetings to hybrid last night, and the first one went really well! I was worried that no one would show (especially since a bunch of the regulars said they couldn't come), but we had a really solid group of 16 - 7 on Zoom, 9 in person. And it was clear that the ones there were meant to be there. So encouraging! I hope it continues.

One of my bffs comes to visit on Thursday for a couple days. I can't wait!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Evening,
    Been too busy, but nothing scheduled for Thursday after 8:30
    Friday afternoon back to Collinswood then Saturday family get together of cousins first time in 33 years
    Hope Carrie is better soon
    Water freezes at 32 degrees no matter where except very high altitudes will freeze slightly higher temp than 32 such as 32.018 in Denver, I still call it 32 degrees.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Good morning BBB

So I will repost over on today's date, Today! Lol