Sunday Cup of Joe - 10/9/22

Options
lowbar31
lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"Life is a series of dogs." George Carlin

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

v5hppyn3qflu.jpg

Cool and breezy in the Finger Lakes region. Good day for a field trial.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    VERY nice photo! Have a great trial, Doc!

Think I am picking up a flu bug. Ugh.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Looks like a great time to be tramping through the brush, Lee.

Mariners pulled off the seeming impossible comeback. Very exciting.

Singing with the choir in church, this morning, for the first time since March. Looking forward to it.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Streaming Packer football game live from London. All the local bars are having early watch partys, bangers and mash. Too crowed so we'll stay at the glamper.

Lake Water had white caps yesterday it was so windy... never even uncovered the boat. May just put it to bed for winter next Sat.

Have a good day

Go Pack Go

• steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Chilly morning but going to be a beautiful afternoon. We are driving to a southern suburb to meet a bunch of online nomadic friends this afternoon.

Our little pet charge is adorable. He’s pretty easy going except hates all other dogs so walks are challenging. ThAnkfully they live on a circle off of a dead end street so we can usually avoid others with some planning.

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Costco run is already complete and now I'm foraging for food since she's still sleeping.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday morning BBB Friends.
    • In the words of my friend from the west, I've been churched and schooled. Worked A/V for both.
    • Mariners did pull off a miraculous comeback yesterday. They looked strong.
    • I'm heading out shopping for the UMM breakfast tomorrow.
    • Good luck Babe and Lucy.
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone!

It's been a whirlwind of a weekend. My friend who was supposed to come had a plumbing emergency and ended up tearing out a couple walls in her house. I was sad, but God had another plan. My daughter who'd had the gastric sleeve surgery about a month and a half ago has not been doing well. For the record, if you ever consider the surgery, she recommends 1000% that you DO NOT do it. She's been sick and miserable and in and out of emergency rooms ever since. And they live 3 hours away now, so us helping is tough. Anyway, she messaged me on Thursday and literally said, "Mom, I need you." That tore my heart out! At that time, if I'd driven there, I'd have arrived about 30 minutes before her husband got home. So, instead, we had her and the kids come here for the weekend and we just took care of them all. I made them meals and froze them (she can't eat any actual food yet, so it was just for the kids and her husband), took the kids shopping for shoes and clothes, got her some clothes (hers were in pretty sad shape, and were getting too big), took the kids out (they hadn't been out of the house in many weeks) to do lots of things while she rested, did all their laundry (she brought it with her), and cleaned up after all of them (she gets sick a LOT). I'm so glad we could help a little, but it was like a drop in an ocean of what's needed. I feel so bad for how awful she's feeling ... I wish I could fix it, but I can't. I am so thankful that I was able to love her a little during this time, and that would have been hard with other guests at the house. You could say that God cleared my schedule for me.

Nothing too exciting this week. Dh is travelling for work, so it should be kinda boring and quiet around here. But then, maybe God has other plans for that, too. We shall see.
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Here's a little pop of color from our WW Holland Walk on Saturday morning, too. It was so pretty! Chilly, but pretty. lxiofj0p7run.jpg
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good evening
    I watched the packers lose. Crazy.