Monday Cuppa Joe: 10.24.22

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz (Snoopy)

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Have to head downtown and will work from HQ office. G'Town University Med follow up today at 3p. Hoping to get some definitive "what's next" answers.

Uneventful weekend. Tuck and I haven't burned the joint down. One more night to go and adult supervision returns.

Quite a day for Commanders; bad day for Padres. Don't think I'll be watching much WS ball. Not interested in Astro's and Phil's.

Cheers for a productive week!
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Haven't burned the place down yet, Skip.

No shopping yesterday. She went to the Asian mall, but I stayed on the couch watching football and snuck in a nap.

Can't say I care about the WS either. The TV network must be bummed to not have a major market team in the mix for ratings. I just don't like that it stretches to November now. Reggie Jackson is Mr. October for a reason...
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Busy week, picking up flooring for Masonic Lodge after yoga class
    Lodge meeting tonight tomorrow looking are complete bath redo then 2 yoga classes
    Friday leaving for FDR Park for Widow Son Rally
    Best not to burn a place down
    DMIL got up at 2:10 this morning turning on all light and going outside, said DW was outside banging on back door.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Sorry about your Yankees, Lee. I haven't watched a World Series in years, anyway. I would think that Philadelphia would qualify as a major market, as would Houston. Are LA and New York the only ones that count?

Seahawks cruised. Who knew that Geno Smith would turn out to be an elite quarterback?

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Got up early to have breakfast with the ROMEOs. Am I the only retired person who likes to sleep in?
    • I'm pulling for the Phillies. 1st it is the National League and 2nd it makes the Braves look better if they got beat by the team that eventually won the WS.
    • Sunday naps in front of the TV with a football game on are good.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    In my mind, it's still the coasts. Eastern time and central time match-up doesn't draw in west coast viewers.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Dennis, it isn't a matter of likes, for me. I sleep until I wake up. Never use an alarm. Today, that wake up was at 5:15. Most days it's around 4:30. I go to bed around 10:30.
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hello, everyone!
    I'm glad you got that flight figured out, Steph. How frustrating!
    I've never watched a WS. Just sayin'. I realized when my kids were teens that it wasn't so much that I didn't like sports ... I figured this out when I was riveted to their games and cheered on their teams while they played. I guess it's just more that I don't have any personal stake in any teams. When my girls played, I was all about it!

It was a busy weekend, as usual, helping out family and friends and some aquaintences. Today has been nice and fairly quiet ... I had my calls this morning, then a hair appointment (washed that gray right outta my hair), and now I'm about to cook and then go chair a meeting. I got my WW workshop all planned in there, too. I didn't sleep in, either, though, even though I had opportunity. I was up by 5:45.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good evening

Lisa how is ds1 doing?

Steph, great family photo! Maybe since the girlfriends family is close to Dads place. Is exactly why they stay at hers! They want some privacy, lol.

Just took Maggie dog back to her home. Her people fly in from DC soon. Ds1 had a bunch of friends and fam out for the Packer game.

Nice having Maddie dog around. She officially wormed her way into our bed between us at night, and into the king of this castles heart lol.

Everything got winterized and put away at the lake Sunday. Sad. But so happy the temps were in 70s.

Now for the fall yard work here at the homestead, Tom picks up a lot of leaves between now and Dec first. I will clean out gardens. We bought a shed and hired a guy to make a gravel fondation. Like pulling teeth to find someone. The shed is built at factory. and then delivered here. The HOA and village with permits gave the ok.

What type of wfh gig is your dw doing, Lou?

Skip, at first glance I read you and Tucker burnt a joint lol....When the cats are away the mice will play !

Sam, my Grandfather was a Mason. And his wife , my Grandmother, was an Eastern Star.

Be well BBB