Options
mikehikemike
mikehikemike Posts: 3,474 Member
Trick or treat.

Replies

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Good morning, gents. Off to take my 30 year old son to the back doctor for a cortisone shot. He's had pain on and off since he tried to deadlift 250# 5 years ago and got a bulging disc. Says this time he threw his back out "just hanging around".

Early appointment, gotta run. Have a great day everyone.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,706 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

Beautiful weekend driving 4.5 hrs to and fro and running in a dog trial. No ribbons but good time. Am thankful COVID fear is relaxing. Got home exhausted last night and slept well after a nice dinner with DW.
    Sadly, due to COVID, the dog trialing sport did not get any direly needed new participants in the last 2 years, but we saw folks aging out and dying out. Most of us are post 50. Met a couple of new guys this weekend.
    Halloween has always been a curiosity to me. I have always been more of an observer than a participant. I do enjoy some of the more clever costumes, pets and people.
    Ditto what Mike said about pretzel. Love yoga, but am so tight that even when I was doing it regularly, I could only do the elementary positions.
    Pretty impressive your mom celebrating 99 and still managing herself, Dave. Happy belated birthday to her.

Be OP ;-)
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,670 Member
    Options
    Happy Haunting
    Drizzling damp day but warmer than yesterday, should clear for trick or treating. We usually have about 60 kids come by. I will not need a mask tonight face still not cleared up.
    Yoga requires drive and consistency, most that will give me 6 weeks see a great difference.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,970 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Never tried yoga. It probably would be good for me. Our DDIL was telling us we should join the YMCA. It is only a couple miles from the house and with both senior and military discounts a family membership for us would be $70 a month. Yoga is one of the things offered. Considering it.

We have been invited to go over to watch grandkids trick-or-treat. I might beg off. DS and DDIL are having some of their friends over, with their kids - no one even close to our generation.
  • Globaldad
    Globaldad Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey team:

Just checking in and looking forward to sharing inishts on this journey of health!
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,593 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Welcome, Globaldad!

I did yoga for a couple of months before injuring my shoulder. I never went back. I can't say I enjoyed it much. I am off for my physical in a bit. I expect to get yelled at for my weight which I have been trying to hold steady during this latest pain spike and did, but it hasn't been a good year. My triglycerides are up which I can focus on. I haven't paid much attention to fat lately and just worried about net carbs, which is what an unkind person might call stupid. The wax ring on the downstairs toilet started leaking. So today I will try to do the best I can at a back healthy way of removing the toilet, cleaning things up and reseating the toilet on a new ring. I will do it in stages during the day and tend to my bad back. I marvel at how quick projects now take forever.

Stay out of the candy!
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,106 Member
    Options
    My daughter's big lighted pumpkin extravaganza last night. 37 intricate hand carved pumpkins including some fresh pumpkins and others that are carved from thin synthetic shells. They have a long wooded flag lot driveway to display them all. Very cool indeed. No rain for that event. Today is nothing but pouring rain. OK sometimes lighter than other times but wet indeed. I wore all my rain gear for lmy morning ride.

Stay warm and dry all!