shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,149 Member
Good morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I never got signed in yesterday. I hope that all had a good Halloween. We don't do anything for it now that our children are grown. We left the porch light off. We just don't get many in our more rural neighborhood.

My arthritis has really been flaring up the last several days. I know that losing weight would help the burden on my joints. I don't really think about that when I am munching on a cookie.

Bill, I hope that the wax ring went OK? Connie is afraid that her toilet might be leaking a little. I have to look at it again. I don't think that it is, but I don't want water rotting out the subfloor.

The new assistant at work is doing great!

Have a great day!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,706 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

Thoughtlessly munching on a cookie...LOL.
    So glad new assistant seems like a good hire.
    Don't you have to disconnect the water to the toilet and then use a special doohickey to lift the toilet to check the O-ring? Sounds like a job for "the guy".

Be OP ;-)
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    DS was hurting a bit after his cortisone shot yesterday. After attempting a walk around the block, I left him lying on the couch with his corgi and a cup of tea; as of last night he was a little better. Hopefully the shot will bring him relief for a good while.

The bears probably go trick or treating in Lee's neighborhood. No trick or treaters here; we never have any for some reason. I spent the evening binge watching a series of videos on rebuilding a 1930's concert-grand piano. Lots of steam and glue involved. Thing must weigh almost a ton.

Rain today, not sure what's on the calendar.

Welcome aboard Globaldad. A small group here, but we try to check in every day and support each other in our weight issues, as well as sometimes other health challenges. Feel free to chime in, and become a daily regular if so inclined.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,970 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Took another day off from walking, yesterday and my hips felt better. I need to take Sassy out, today. We'll see how it goes. I'll apply a Lidocaine patch and take Motrin as preventive measures.

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,593 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Toilet repair went well except for finding I can’t lift a toilet too easily with my back. I got it off but my son had to help me lift it back over the flange bolts. Between that and scrubbing the floor around the flange my back is a bit stiff but I think I can TENS and ice it back to a happier place. We didn’t get as many trick or treaters as last year. The physical went well though he wants a brain MRI since the whole stroke thing is still up in the air. We discussed more drastic weight loss methods to reduce pain levels which I have not been open to.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,106 Member
    Options
    Pouring rain, well a good inch yesterday whilst biking. Drier today.

Good luck with the tens Bill. Stay dry and warm all!
  • Globaldad
    Globaldad Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just checking in!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,706 Member
    Options
    Yes! Welcome Globaldad!