This November I Will...

Options

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,781 Member
    Options
    This November I’ll stick with my 30 minutes per week of cardio, yoga, and strength. I’ll also journal every day - I’m using he Day One app for my journal.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,005 Member
    Options
    4th report
    Goals/ habits for November
    *Hve increased calories this month to allow for honest tracking💖
    * Dont cheat, track evey blt including w/e and pass days💖
    * Make friends with guilt, dnt ppl please 💖
    * Leave work on time and hve things to look forward to after work, these activities also ensure i am being present with bub! 💖
    * Find out what hubby is cooking the night b4 and pretrack food wen I get to work in the morning! 💖
    * Weekly self care activities such as massage, bath or get hair done. 💖

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    IF I logged in (which means I at least started the pre-log before work) : 💚 This tells me *and you-all* that I have (a) SIGNED IN before work [and (b) while signed in, kicked off my "Go for the Green" game for the day - can I juggle the ci vs co info for the day to wind up with my Total Remaining "in the green"? = whether I end the day in the red or in the green is irrelevant for THIS thread]

IF, at the end of the day (or next morning, looking back) I LOGGED ALL FOOD (regardless of whether I ended up with Remaining in the green or the red) the 💚 will be changed for a 🤩.

Nov 5

🤩-🤩-🤩-🤩-💚-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    KacyCarpe wrote: »
    Welcome @KacyCarpe !
    You are far along the habit path already 🌼

I find when I’m Beginning strength training, that’s when I have the biggest improvements. I love your habit trigger! I might have to begin using that. I have continued only using the upstairs toilet!!

We’re happy to have you in our group❣️

Thank you! I find that the trigger is not flushing but washing my hands. The counter is the perfect height for an incline push-up, so I wash my hands and then do the two push-ups. So far, so good, although I might put a little sticky note on the mirror to anchor the habit even more.
    Great idea with the sticky note❣️❣️ Thanks for sharing!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    IF I logged in (which means I at least started the pre-log before work) : 💚 This tells me *and you-all* that I have (a) SIGNED IN before work [and (b) while signed in, kicked off my "Go for the Green" game for the day - can I juggle the ci vs co info for the day to wind up with my Total Remaining "in the green"? = whether I end the day in the red or in the green is irrelevant for THIS thread]

IF, at the end of the day (or next morning, looking back) I LOGGED ALL FOOD (regardless of whether I ended up with Remaining in the green or the red) the 💚 will be changed for a 🤩.

Nov 5 (update - I had to sign in a second time anyhoo to alter the draft pre-logging)

🤩-🤩-🤩-🤩-🤩-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,005 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    5th nov
    Goals/ habits for November
    *Hve increased calories this month to allow for honest tracking💖
    * Dont cheat, track evey blt including w/e and pass days💖
    * Make friends with guilt, dnt ppl please 💖
    * Leave work on time and hve things to look forward to after work, these activities also ensure i am being present with bub! 💖
    * Find out what hubby is cooking the night b4 and pretrack food wen I get to work in the morning! 💖
    * Weekly self care activities such as massage, bath or get hair done. 💖
    * Do prepping for food in the morning to avoid grazing/picking thumbs 👇
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    Everyone’s off to a great start!
    Congratulations 🎉🎈🌸

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I find completing the Calendar table with colourful symbols for my goals a great motivator
    🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾
    🧘🏼‍♀️🍁🍂 NOVEMBER 🍂🍁🧘🏼‍♀️
    🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾

Daily Solid Habits:
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻 6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    1. My intention for November (This November I will...")
    For November, I am doing research on how to become more grounded.
    Daily 🧘🏼‍♀️ or 🦇
    🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    Comments:
    1. Found a chakra graphic and changed my propic
    2. Did some reading on chakras
    3/4/5. Guided meditations
    6. Reading Chi Energy Workbook - Simon G Brown
    (Using ‘am’ as opposed to ‘I will … ‘ as it gives me less scope to cop out.
    2. The small actions I am taking to accomplish this goal
    Research > 5 mins
    3. My trigger(s)
    Morning/Afternoon coffee break
    4. Every day
    5. What reward am I immediately giving myself for doing my habit?
    I am doing a victory 💃🏼 and posting 🧘🏼‍♀️ In my Calendar
    6. What help do you need from us?
    Click “Like” or any of the feedback responses so I know you are reading? Having this place to report in every few days and knowing someone else is reading is really helpful.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of October?
    More aware of my inner space

Nothing feels
    as good as
    Fit and Healthy
    In MIND and BODY!!!
    🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾
    🚶‍♀️🚶🏻 Autumn Ambles 🚶🏻🚶‍♀️
    🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾
    Autumn Ambles: walk > 7500 steps daily
    Target for the month > 100 miles
    🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    (20/100)
    Walking is just what I do. Every day! Indoors or outdoors. I take every opportunity to do NEAT exercise.
    I have daily steps, and active hours goals set on my Fitbit, with alarms set 15 minutes before the hour every 2 hours so that I can have at least a 10 minute walk.
    Where there’s a will, there’s a way!

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,550 Member
    Options
    Continuing with leg work at the gym added some upper body work. Continuing to keep moving forward no going backwards
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I joined this group a couple months ago but have been inactive. Time to refocus. I’ll be working on a couple habits but the one I’ll report on here is:

This November I will: do my 20 minute Essentrics workout every morning after coffee and before getting dressed.

Progress: 1/30

Welcome back, @biketheworld!
  • themedalist
    Options
    This November I will daily

1. Be in bed by midnight.
    2. Exercise at least 20 minutes daily.
    3. Plan and prelog my meals for at least 1 day ahead, possibly more.

Each week I will

1. Research a new vegetarian meal, shop for it and prepare it.
    2. Clean one kitchen cabinet or drawer(may not help my weight, but will do wonders for my mental health).

@corinasue1143, these are terrific goals! They are reasonable, they are doable, and done everyday they will help you reach your health goals. I’m a pescatarian, but most days I just eat vegetarian. But I’m not much of a cook.

Cleaning one cabinet or drawer weekly is also doable and will give you a real sense of accomplishment.
  • themedalist
    Options
    KacyCarpe wrote: »
    Welcome @KacyCarpe !
    You are far along the habit path already 🌼

I find when I’m Beginning strength training, that’s when I have the biggest improvements. I love your habit trigger! I might have to begin using that. I have continued only using the upstairs toilet!!

We’re happy to have you in our group❣️

Thank you! I find that the trigger is not flushing but washing my hands. The counter is the perfect height for an incline push-up, so I wash my hands and then do the two push-ups. So far, so good, although I might put a little sticky note on the mirror to anchor the habit even more.

Welcome to our group, @KacyCarpe! I agree the counter is the perfect height for exercising. When I go into my kitchen to get a drink of water, I’ll do a set of squats. They add up!
  • themedalist
    edited November 2022
    Options
    My goal for this month is to track my blood pressure regularly to see if and when it’s elevated and use the strategies I know work to keep it in a normal range. I’m being very careful of salt in my diet, avoiding most processed foods, switched to half decaf coffee, and deep breathing exercises.

It’s interesting to me that the recommendations of the American Heart Association are never followed when I get my BP checked at the doctors office. The AHA recommends a person sit quietly for 5 minutes with no talking and then have their BP checked. When I do that, my BP is almost always in a normal healthy range. But at the doctors office? There’s no quiet sitting and the nurse is chatting with me as she takes the measurement. My BP is highly variable. It can be 145/80 and then a minute later 122/67. No exaggeration… a minute later. How do you know if you have a problem with something when it’s always changing?

My doctor has not been concerned about my blood pressure as long as I give her a record of my typical readings and fluctuations when I have my annual physical. So I’m going to make a concerted effort this month to take lots of measurements to see if I can detect patterns and triggers.

Happy November, Everyone!
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options

I agree the counter is the perfect height for exercising. When I go into my kitchen to get a drink of water, I’ll do a set of squats. They add up!

What a great idea!! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,781 Member
    Options
    This November I’ll stick with my 30 minutes per week of cardio, yoga, and strength. I’ll also journal every day - I’m using he Day One app for my journal. I’m simplifying my reporting this month.

Week 1 -
    November 1- 5 🏃‍♀️240, 🧘‍♀️55, 💪30, 📓 🙌
  • BMcC9
    Options

Nov 6

🤩-🤩-🤩-🤩-🤩-💚-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,550 Member
    Options
    I think I blew a blood vessel in my eye either doing the warrior ropes or the leg press machine at 50lbs but the ropes were a good workout
  • BMcC9
    Options

Nov 7

🤩-🤩-🤩-🤩-🤩-🤩-💚
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I read all the October posts as they came in and they kept me feeling encouraged during the month. I posted on the October thread to close out that month as per my activity, and am ready to start posting for November!

1. My goal for this month: This November, I will do a strength training routine a minimum of two times a week.

2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal:
    a. Exercise sessions at home are scheduled into my iPhone calendar for Tuesdays and Thursdays with reminders to help me keep me on track. If, for an important reason I cannot complete, the session must immediately be rescheduled and noted on the calendar. This will help me track and find a better match of assigned days and times if it happens regularly.
    b. Meet with Allura, my exercise physiologist, on Thursday November 10 to have her review the routine I have been following (and my form) and provide an updated assignment.
    c. Ensure I have a plan for the week I will be away condo and cat sitting from November 13-20 — and I do! I will use the condo’s gym to carry out my “new” routine that was assigned on November 10.
    d. Beginning November 22, I am booked into our medical clinic’s gym (where Allura works) and will attend there from 3-4 every Tuesday and Thursday (currently scheduled until the end of June 2023!). Only 4 people can be in the clinic gym at a time and so if I cancel, I know that I took the time away from someone else who could/would have used it. And, I will need to account to Allura as to why I can’t keep the appointment, and reschedule. She is a bit fierce and bossy 😉

3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: Alert on my iPhone calendar.

4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible): 2 times a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays) to start.

5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I will change the calendar entry to include the word “COMPLETED” so that I can give myself a pat on the back and have a memory and record of my success.

6. What help do you need from us? A”Tag” me in posts to ask me how it’s going? “Like” my posts and give encouraging words. 🥰

7. What does success look like to you at the end of this year?
    a. I will have an embedded habit of strength training as a regular and normalized part of my weekly fitness routines.
    b. I will have a better sense of how this exercise is helping my current and future health.
    c. I will know that I have done more to address my fear of falling again on the ice (which resulted in five leg surgeries and ended with a fused ankle), and will feel more confident.

I have struggled with making a commitment and the time for strength training for a very long time. I have made a number of attempts to improve my commitment but have failed at each and instead, just increased my cardio, which I love. I genuinely believe this approach will help me be successful, and will offer learning as to how to adjust my approach if I fail.

It is time…