This November I Will...

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options

New to the group today! I'm just starting my weight loss and healthy life journey. I've tried so many times and I'm hoping that using this group as my goal setting environment will make me more accountable. Is there a calendar everyone uses to keep track of workouts or is it up to each individual?
    For the month of November, my goal is to log all food, starting this evening. I'm going to leave my iPad in the kitchen so it's nearby and convenient, making it easier to log food, snacks and watermi have to remind myself that I need to take small steps and not try to change everything at once. 🎯

Welcome @LisaKNichols! We are so happy to have you here!
    Everyone tracks in different ways. Some use icons in their posts to indicate success. Look through some of the other posts to see a variety of methods.

I decided to go back to what works for me best, I am using the sheet below for the next 4 weeks to track a number of habits I want to master again. if I meet all of my habit goals for the day, I get to color in one of the plants in the top section. I also shade the date in the "calendar" bottom right. I enjoy the making the sheet, coloring it in, and seeing the final page as a visible proof of my success.

Great plan to have your ipad where you prepare food!
    And yes, you are wise. Going slowly with habits is the best way to master them (as impatient as we can become). It took us a while to develop them so we can gift ourselves the time to change them for the better!

97xmdr1yxb7y.jpeg

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,009 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    10th
    @donna25trinity
    Life can be tough for “extra understanding” folks like this. I wish I had tackled situations like this more directly rather than “playing nice.” I know it increased my stress, blood pressure, unhappiness, etc. I wish I had realized the impact it was having on me. I put up with it because I LOVED my students & LOVED teaching them.

Having read about your work issues over time (and seeing on your goal list …looking for other employment), have you been able to get any leads for a position that would bring you more peace? 💕💕

I know you can do this - likely in the new calendar year!

💖
    Maddie

@MadisonMolly2017 thanks mads!!! I am much happier at work these days thankfully, new boss and new work so much happier, first time in a really long time!..Only a small issue is I do wish my work allowed me to do more days working from home, hence why I was keen to find another job that offered that option. So yes i will need to work towards making that a goal...Separate to that I think I'm realising that my playing nice and inability to say no is causing ppl to treat me as a door mat, which then means I am recreating this situation over and over again through out my life.. so as u mentioned saying no and being more direct from the get go continues to be my area of focus.... as always thanks for your advice!
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    KacyCarpe wrote: »
    Aghhhh pass day!!!!! Pretty dissapointed with myself! Someone tried to fob work off to me but I had sooooo much urgent tasks to do so I said no! They got cross, I felt guilty then caved and said ill do it, she then refused to let me do it and ignored me the rest of the afternoon.I was left feeling annoyed, angry, dissapointed ang guilty for saying no so turned to food for comfort. I also had to stay back at work till 9pm so again used food to sooth feeling overwhelmed and annoyed that I had to work so late!

Donna, have you ever read the book Burnout by Emily Nagoski and Amelia Nagoski? They talk at length about people who undermine our efforts to take care of ourselves, making us feel guilty—just as you've described in your coworker. They also discuss the importance of dealing with both the STRESS and the STRESSOR. They are not the same and they are dealt with in different ways. You might want to give the book a read if you are feeling at all burned out or if you have to deal with a lot of stress/stressors. I found it to be one of the most empowering books I've ever read. I think the authors did a podcast, too, which I can dig up if you're interested.

@KacyCarpe oh no I hve not heard of it but def sounds right up my alley!!!!! I am going to rear it and also love a good podcast so will see if I can find it, if I can't find it I shall let u know!!!! Xox
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    10th
    @donna25trinity
    Life can be tough for “extra understanding” folks like this. I wish I had tackled situations like this more directly rather than “playing nice.” I know it increased my stress, blood pressure, unhappiness, etc. I wish I had realized the impact it was having on me. I put up with it because I LOVED my students & LOVED teaching them.

Having read about your work issues over time (and seeing on your goal list …looking for other employment), have you been able to get any leads for a position that would bring you more peace? 💕💕

💖
    Maddie

@MadisonMolly2017 thanks mads!!! I am much happier at work these days thankfully, new boss and new work so much happier, first time in a really long time!..Only a small issue is I do wish my work allowed me to do more days working from home, hence why I was keen to find another job that offered that option. So yes i will need to work towards making that a goal...Separate to that I think I'm realising that my playing nice and inability to say no is causing ppl to treat me as a door mat, which then means I am recreating this situation over and over again through out my life.. so as u mentioned saying no and being more direct from the get go continues to be my area of focus.... as always thanks for your advice!

@donna25trinity
    I am SO glad to hear this! Bravo!
    I am truly in awe of all that you do with so much on your plate. You inspire me daily!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    tp97jmlfcmu5.jpeg

Some of you who were here a couple of years ago will remember our inventive tracking/coloring approaches. I decided to go back to it.

I am tracking quite a few things, but if I hit them all in a day, I get to color one of the plants (and shade the date at bottom.) I am also going to give myself a gift of $280 if I am successful ALL 28 days. (It is a lot of money, but the costs of poorer health would be much greater. I also rarely buy things these days and haven't bought clothes in forever. LOL)
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    10th
    @donna25trinity

💖
    Maddie

@donna25trinity
    I am SO glad to hear this! Bravo!
    I am truly in awe of all that you do with so much on your plate. You inspire me daily!

Awww @MadisonMolly2017 wow that means so much especially coming from a pro like you! Thanks mads! Xox
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,793 Member
    Options
    Wow! You all have such great plan. @MadisonMolly2017 , I love your tracker!

This November I’ll stick with my 30 minutes per week of cardio, yoga, and strength. I’ll also journal every day - I’m using he Day One app for my journal.

This week I got behind a bit on my journaling because I had errands to run early almost every morning but I was able to catch up.

Week 2
    November 6-12 🏃‍♀️ 307, 🧘‍♀️55, 💪46, 120 💃, 📓 got journaling finished late a couple days, but still got it done.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    Wow! You all have such great plan. @MadisonMolly2017 , I love your tracker!

This November I’ll stick with my 30 minutes per week of cardio, yoga, and strength. I’ll also journal every day - I’m using he Day One app for my journal.

This week I got behind a bit on my journaling because I had errands to run early almost every morning but I was able to catch up.

Week 2
    November 6-12 🏃‍♀️ 307, 🧘‍♀️55, 💪46, 120 💃, 📓 got journaling finished late a couple days, but still got it done.

Awesome week! @77tes
    Yes, thanks!

• KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Almost halfway through November and going strong. o:)

This will be my second week of doing the 5-day Tiny Habits challenge. In addition to my November goal of doing incline push-ups after I wash my hands, I am doing the Maui habit and the evening gratitude habit. I have been a beast with all three. Just before the evening one, I added a minute of meditation. I up it by a few seconds every few nights, so now I'm at 1.5 minutes. I know that sounds pretty ridiculous to anyone who meditates regularly, but truly the bar is so low that I don't need any motivation, and now I have a 10-day streak in the meditation app.

I am finally (touch wood) over my 4-week cold, so I've been able to get more exercise. This past weekend, I did my first 5K Parkrun (well, Parkwalk) and got back in the pool. Feeling optimistic about hitting the fall 5% challenge goal to lose 5%; two pounds and two weeks to go!

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I caught up reading all of the entries and replies.... It is certainly encouraging to read everything, and in doing so I also learn new things, or am reminded of others 🌻.

@MadisonMolly2017 , I certainly remember all the lovely coloring trackers! Yours for this month is beautiful.... have fun coloring it this month 🌺.

November walking/ exercise/ extra NEAT activities: 💖 (rest day 💤)
    💮💮-💖-💖-💖-💖-💖
    💤-💖-💖-💖-💖-💖-💖
    💤-💖-15-16-17-18-19
    20-21-22-23-24-25-26
    27-28-29-30

November paper tiger 🐯 (planned day off 😄)
    💮💮-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯
    🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯
    🐯-🐯-15-16-17-18-19
    20-21-22-23-24-25-26
    27-28-29-30

:flowerforyou: 🦋
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    13_15th Nov
    Goals/ habits for November
    *Hve increased calories this month to allow for honest tracking💖
    * Dont cheat, track evey blt including w/e and pass days💖
    Do prepping for food in the morning to avoid grazing/picking 💖
    * Make friends with guilt, dnt ppl please, say no 💖
    * Leave work on time and hve things to look forward to after work, these activities also ensure i am being present with bub! 💖
    * Find out what hubby is cooking the night b4 and pretrack food wen I get to work in the morning! 💖
    * Weekly self care activities such as massage, bath or get hair done. 💖

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    KacyCarpe wrote: »
    Almost halfway through November and going strong. o:)

This will be my second week of doing the 5-day Tiny Habits challenge. In addition to my November goal of doing incline push-ups after I wash my hands, I am doing the Maui habit and the evening gratitude habit. I have been a beast with all three. Just before the evening one, I added a minute of meditation. I up it by a few seconds every few nights, so now I'm at 1.5 minutes. I know that sounds pretty ridiculous to anyone who meditates regularly, but truly the bar is so low that I don't need any motivation, and now I have a 10-day streak in the meditation app.

I am finally (touch wood) over my 4-week cold, so I've been able to get more exercise. This past weekend, I did my first 5K Parkrun (well, Parkwalk) and got back in the pool. Feeling optimistic about hitting the fall 5% challenge goal to lose 5%; two pounds and two weeks to go!
    @KacyCarpe
    Your additional seconds per day for meditation strategy makes perfect sense to me! I call it “fooling my brain” If I shift my behavior gradually, it doesn’t seem to react as much! Bravo!

I’m glad everything’s going so well for you!

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    I caught up reading all of the entries and replies.... It is certainly encouraging to read everything, and in doing so I also learn new things, or am reminded of others 🌻.

@MadisonMolly2017 , I certainly remember all the lovely coloring trackers! Yours for this month is beautiful.... have fun coloring it this month 🌺.

November walking/ exercise/ extra NEAT activities: 💖 (rest day 💤)
    💮💮-💖-💖-💖-💖-💖
    💤-💖-💖-💖-💖-💖-💖
    💤-💖-15-16-17-18-19
    20-21-22-23-24-25-26
    27-28-29-30

November paper tiger 🐯 (planned day off 😄)
    💮💮-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯
    🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯
    🐯-🐯-15-16-17-18-19
    20-21-22-23-24-25-26
    27-28-29-30

:flowerforyou: 🦋

@texasgardnr
    GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU & look at you go❣️❣️❣️

That paper tiger will be moving out of your home very soon! 🐅

I am finding the pleasurable, nightly coloring is motivating me more than my $10 reward! Good to know!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    13_15th Nov
    Goals/ habits for November
    *Hve increased calories this month to allow for honest tracking💖
    * Dont cheat, track evey blt including w/e and pass days💖
    Do prepping for food in the morning to avoid grazing/picking 💖
    * Make friends with guilt, dnt ppl please, say no 💖
    * Leave work on time and hve things to look forward to after work, these activities also ensure i am being present with bub! 💖
    * Find out what hubby is cooking the night b4 and pretrack food wen I get to work in the morning! 💖
    * Weekly self care activities such as massage, bath or get hair done. 💖

@donna25trinity Such a great job this month❣️
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    This November I will: do my 20 minute Essentrics workout every morning after coffee and before getting dressed.

So far so good. I’ve missed 3 days, all because of early morning scheduling so I’m happy about this. I also tend to sit and stare out the window or at my iPad far too long. Maybe that will be next months goal. One thing at a time.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    My groups are well and truly up and running again, so time is at a premium.
    🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾
    🧘🏼‍♀️🍁🍂 NOVEMBER 🍂🍁🧘🏼‍♀️
    🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾

Daily Solid Habits:
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    1. My intention for November (This November I will...")
    For November, I am doing research on how to become more grounded.
    Daily 🧘🏼‍♀️ or 🦇
    🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️
    🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️
    🧘🏼‍♀️16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    Comments:
    1. Found a chakra graphic and changed my propic
    2. Did some reading on chakras
    3/4/5. Guided meditations
    6 —> Working through Chi Energy Workbook - Simon G Brown
    (Using ‘am’ as opposed to ‘I will … ‘ as it gives me less scope to cop out.
    2. The small actions I am taking to accomplish this goal
    Research > 5 mins
    3. My trigger(s)
    Morning/Afternoon coffee break
    4. Every day
    5. What reward am I immediately giving myself for doing my habit?
    I am doing a victory 💃🏼 and posting 🧘🏼‍♀️ In my Calendar
    6. What help do you need from us?
    Click “Like” or any of the feedback responses so I know you are reading? Having this place to report in every few days and knowing someone else is reading is really helpful.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of October?
    More aware of my inner space

Nothing feels
    as good as
    Fit and Healthy
    In MIND and BODY!!!
    🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾
    🚶‍♀️🚶🏻 Autumn Ambles 🚶🏻🚶‍♀️
    🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾
    Autumn Ambles: walk > 7500 steps daily
    Target for the month > 100 miles
    🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️
    🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️
    🚶‍♀️16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    (56/100)
    Walking is just what I do. Every day! Indoors or outdoors. I take every opportunity to do NEAT exercise.
    I have daily steps, and active hours goals set on my Fitbit, with alarms set 15 minutes before the hour every 2 hours so that I can have at least a 10 minute walk.
    Where there’s a will, there’s a way!

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    6 days of success.♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
    6 plants colored on my tracking sheet.
    I have successfully cut my fats & increased my healthy carbs.