Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,234 Member
edited March 2023 in Social Groups
How many 5% Challenges have you done?

What do you like to do for fun?

What major city do you live in or near? State?

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?

How would your pet or friend describe you?

2 fun things about you?

Anything else you would like to share?

Replies

• kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I started the Challenges in 2010. This is 54 for me.

What do you like to do for fun? Dance to live bands, listen to audiobooks, Happy Color app, Octordle, play cards especially canasta and 10 card crib, RV travel, try new recipes, meet new people, read online news, weekly hikes, explore new places, have dinner parties, watch 90 Day Fiance, plan trips, travel.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Vancouver Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I had Covid and need to regain my strength and endurance. Get back hiking. I lost 90 pounds and regained 30. I want that 30 pounds gone!

How would your pet or friend describe you? Friend - Adventurer Lynn, Dog 'where are we going?'

2 fun things about you? I am always looking for my reading glasses and phone. Often the glasses are on top of my head and the phone is in my back pocket. Why don't I look there first? Since I had Covid I don't remember names very well, so it can be awkward and funny.

I am taking beginner swimming lessons and planning a winter travels.

Set small goals and build on your successes.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my 3rd round.

What do you like to do for fun? Spending time with my grandsons, gardening, reading, exercising, word games/puzzles.

What major city do you live in or near? State? 10 miles west of Albany, NY

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To continue losing weight, improve my A1C and cholesterol levels, and exercise daily.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, honest, loving, organized

2 fun things about you? My husband calls me “Sheldon” sometimes, after the character on the Big Bang Theory. I think it drive him a little crazy when my touch of OCD kicks in.
    Most of my structured exercise takes place in my living room, in front of the TV, in the form of low impact aerobics or walking. I think I spend more time than I should perusing exercise videos on YouTube to find ones that I like. The ones with terrible music or too much chatter make me nuts. I have made multiple libraries of the ones that I like.

Anything else you would like to share? I wish for everyone to have nothing but success with this round of the challenge.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my 6th

What do you like to do for fun? Spending time with my hubby and kids, dancing, reading, etc

What major city do you live in or near? State? Adelaide, South Australia, AUSTRALIA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Am going to try to reach my GW and then maintain it forever

How would your pet or friend describe you? Dependable, Quiet, Good Listener, etc

2 fun things about you?Have 2 kids who are in their teens and they are both taller than me & am running a small cafe with hubby

Anything else you would like to share? :)
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to count I just missed one since moving over to MFP from Spark.

What do you like to do for fun? Reading and listening to interesting and educational podcasts.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm in Kansas the very South East corner of the state near Pittsburg.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get down in the upper 140's by the end of 2022.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Dependable always on time or early for work or an appointment and will stay late at work if needed or come in on my day off.

2 fun things about you? I love posting motivational quotes and love to blog every night.

Anything else you would like to share? I was a leader of the seasonal challenges before stepping down before the IBC back in the Spring to Summer (I think). I decided for the fall challenge to come back and love being a member while I did enjoy being a leader I think it took a toll on my own journey. For the moment I'm doing at home workouts written by my former coach since I hit a deer almost 2 weeks ago I'm OK was just shaken up but my car is totaled and waiting for the insurance company to make the decision so I can either get a new car or have mine fixed.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,476 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? hmmm a few now

What do you like to do for fun? play games, read, dance in the livingroom to good music, eat good food, enjoy walks at the river and sunsets and landing planes. And I really like to read about the many courageous spiritual women in the Bible and I love reading about them, Abigail, Deborah, Ruth, but especially Hannah and her beautiful prayer as well as Mary the mother of Jesus and her dedication. And there are many more to learn from.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Vancouver BC Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Work on my Fiber and protein intakes and to keep doing 120 minutes of fitness a day and perhaps add in some resistance training this round.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Sadly Amigo, the cat, would not like me right now as he is very sick and needs meds and has to take them, so I am the giver of the yuk ... otherwise, it's I am the treat person. My friends describe me as dependable, loving and kind, but also serious.

2 fun things about you? I am too serious most of the time to be funny. I can't think of a thing really.

Anything else you would like to share? Have a healthy life style plan of action and action the plan. YOU are successful even when you try to follow the plan.
  • Go_Gal_Grow
    Go_Gal_Grow Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Many, from SPARK to MFP

Pilates, Hiking, Gardening, Cooking

What major city do you live in or near? Albuquerque State? New Mexico

How would your pet or friend describe you? A loving Dog Mom

2 fun things about you? Young at heart, rascal, and enjoying making new friends as an Adult.

Anything else you would like to share? Thanks to all the Leaders who continue to professionally run these challenges! This community is a integral part of my healthy journey!
  • deskjockey925
    deskjockey925 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    Quite a few.

Garden, Hike, Swim, Beach

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    Delaware

Track all my food and exercise.
    Cut Carbs. Cardio and ST Daily.

How would your pet describe you?
    The one who wakes up early for breakfast and makes room in the bed at night.
    Also a pretty soft touch for treats.

2 fun things about you?
    1- I like to spend an hour every day transitioning from Work me to Home me in the backyard
    In the Summer, it's at the pool. Not Summer? It's at the firepit in the yard.
    2- I am a writer

Wishing you all a successful challenge ahead!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?A lot? I don't know. been on mfp since spark people went down. Was on spark people for a few years.

What do you like to do for fun? read, plan for year-long and monthly book challenges, play disney emoji blitz, magic kingdoms, sudoku, and pokemon go.

What major city do you live in or near? State? We are in NJ-we live an hour west of NYC.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? get back to 160s! Stay in range calorie wise

How would your pet or friend describe you? Chewie (the dog) would describe me as nice (I let her sniff on walks) and with a good memory (I feed her twice a day) but mean (when I make her go outside in the rain to use the bathroom). Friends would call me loyal, book lover, quiet around strangers, chatty about friends I hope

2 fun things about you? I love to tell people about books that I am currently enjoying. I love to encourage my "reader friends" about book challenges.

Anything else you would like to share? No
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,660 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to remember exactly

What do you like to do for fun? Play computer and regular games, go to lunch with friends, watch old movies

What major city do you live in or near? State? Lindale TX

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To continue work on Physical therapy exercises, increase steps. Get back to self after back problems, which are still there but not like it was.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, friendly, trustworthy

2 fun things about you? Was on TV dance show when 16, been in red hats, (would still but no groups are here). Love to have fun and socialize.

I have led ecumenical Bible studies. Active in church activities but right now still looking for a church in our new area.

Looking forward to the challenge.

My name is Joyce and my fitness pal name is Kurtize.

• peppikaye
    peppikaye Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Lots, I've done all here with the Fit Force team and several years on SP. I used to be the CL of the Cloverleafs team.

What do you like to do for fun? read, knit, crochet but most of all spending time with my Grandson. I'm happiest when I'm sat around a dinner table with the family and we are all chatting and having fun.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live outside Perth in Western Australia

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? To lose weight, to maintain healthy habits, not to put on weight over Christmas and holiday season. To keep my BP down. To continue with my walking and strength classes.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, a bit fussy, tired and worn out at the moment. It's coming up for end of my work year (3 more weeks but its not like I'm counting or anything :* )

2 fun things about you? I'm a big fan of English detective series especially Midsomer Murders and I have a variety of Australian birds.

Anything else you would like to share? My name is Kaye. I am Peppikaye here but on SP I was Kayelene.
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? A lot since I started on Spark

What do you like to do for fun? Spending time with my grandchildren, reading, exercising, word games/puzzles, baking and playing games.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Tega Cay, South Caroling but am 5 minutes outside Charlotte, North Carolina.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To maintain my weight, continue to try and lower my blood pressure and exercise daily.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, honest, great listener, organized and reliable

2 fun things about you?
    I am very disciplined and function best by starting my day with 2 hours of exercise
    I am a romantic at heart

I wish for everyone success with the challenge and enjoys themselves.
  • katiedidtoo
    katiedidtoo Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Started on Spark around 2011, as I recall, and haven't missed any.

What do you like to do for fun? road trips, garden

What major city do you live in or near? State? Rochester, New York

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? maintain the goal weight I finally reached earlier this year AND continue with PT so I can continue hiking

How would your pet or friend describe you? a bit geeky, diligent

2 fun things about you? I've kept a journal for over 20 years and, among many other details, I can tell you what we had for dinner on just about every night during that time. :smiley:

• Sparkuvu
    Sparkuvu Posts: 2,632 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Every, since 2019

What do you like to do for fun? Any kind of 'outing' & I like to bargain shop

What major city do you live in or near? State? Mid Michigan, nearest major city is Detroit

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get myself unstuck!

How would your pet or friend describe you? Dependable

2 fun things about you? Never to old to play!

Anything else you would like to share? Nope!
  • dbeau57
    dbeau57 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Have not missed a one since Sept. 2019!

What do you like to do for fun? watch squirrels playing in the yard

What major city do you live in or near? New Orleans / State? South Mississippi

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Exercise at least 30 min./5 days/week

How would your pet or friend describe you? quiet

2 fun things about you? 1) I once had a pet squirrel that my husband rescued after a hurricane. I had to feed it with a syringe for a while at first because it couldn't eat yet. 2) I'm shorter than everyone in my family except for the youngest grandchild, but she'll bypass me in a couple of years. That includes my parents and siblings.

Anything else you would like to share? I need motivation!
  • Arralethe
    Arralethe Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Just one, I joined the Fall 2022 half way through!

What do you like to do for fun? Read, play games (computer and board games), go on rollercoasters...

What major city do you live in or near? State? London, UK. I live in Surrey.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and a fatty liver on 15 November, so short term is to be accountable for better choices in my diet and build in some regular exercise. Longer term, I have a total of 110lbs to lose.

How would your pet or friend describe you? I hope they would say I am loving, loyal, firm but fair, and very definitely more than a little eccentric. Rather introverted, but a friend who would help you hide the body once the relationship has been established

2 fun things about you? I have 5 tattoos, would love more! And have a fascination for bladed weaponry (swords, daggers, poignards, etc.)

This discussion has been closed.