This November I Will...

Options
12346»

Replies

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,592 Member
    Options
    Gym today,walked over 10,000 steps. Still ok from thanksgiving food will see how tomorrow is but everyday is a good day even with a little water weight gain
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,104 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    This November, I will do a strength training routine a minimum of two times a week.

Another successful week — I can’t believe I am doing this! I have resisted for so long and have always found excuses. I feel so good for getting my act together. Have increased my weight load a number of times for quite a few of my activities. Sought out some help with form as I was having some trouble (one fused ankle and some movement isn’t as easy). All sorted and have some substitutions that work the same muscles.

Week of November 20-26
    November 22 🏋️‍♀️
    November 24 🏋️‍♀️

Week of November 27 to Dec 3
    November 29 (scheduled)
    December 1 (scheduled)
    Week of November 6-12
    November 9 🏋️‍♀️
    November 10 🏋️‍♀️ (new program assigned)
    November 12 🏋️‍♀️

Week of November 13-19
    November 15 🏋️‍♀️
    November 17 🏋️‍♀️
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hard to believe that November is almost behind us! So far I've lost 7.4 pounds this month, a number I am very happy to report. I have been doing my tiny habits of push-ups regularly. In fact, if I'm somewhere I can't do them (e.g., a public restroom), I do double the next time I'm home. Instead of two each time, I do more like five or six. I've also started doing them from the bathtub, which is a much harder height than the counter. Do I see the tiniest hints of my collarbones now? Hmmmm :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,028 Member
    Options
    @KacyCarpe
    Bravo on both accomplishments! Habits really do work!
    C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! !
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,592 Member
    Options
    November has been a good month my scale and I are heading in the right direction once again funny how we cycle at times. Not a terrible weight jump about 5lbs but seemed harder to get off. At least outbid the 160’s again I can do this!

December I am aiming for 360 minutes of exercise from 12/1-12/24 and continuing my already solid habits.

It’s been one year since I joined this group and each month I think what more can I do but I always find something to work on THANKS!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Nov 20-27

1. in bed by midnight. Yes, every night
    2. Exercise at least 20 minutes. No
    3. Plan and prelog my meals. Yes, every day

This week

1. Research a new vegetarian meal, shop for it and prepare it. No.
    2. Clean one kitchen cabinet or drawer. No, forgot all about it, but now I’m reminded, so back to it.

I’ve finally quit hurting, and I can finally stand up straight for the first time since January. I’ve gained some more weight, and I really need to get back to eating right! I need to start some kind of exercise that I will actually DO!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,203 Member
    Options
    🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾
    🧘🏼‍♀️🍁🍂 NOVEMBER 🍂🍁🧘🏼‍♀️
    🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾

Daily Solid Habits:
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    29-30
    1. My intention for November (This November I will...")
    For November, I am doing research on how to become more grounded.
    Daily 🧘🏼‍♀️ or 🦇
    🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️
    29-30
    Comments:
    1. Found a chakra graphic and changed my propic
    2. Did some reading on chakras
    3/4/5. Guided meditations
    6 —> Working through Chi Energy Workbook - Simon G Brown
    (Using ‘am’ as opposed to ‘I will … ‘ as it gives me less scope to cop out.
    2. The small actions I am taking to accomplish this goal
    Research > 5 mins
    3. My trigger(s)
    Morning/Afternoon coffee break
    4. Every day
    5. What reward am I immediately giving myself for doing my habit?
    I am doing a victory 💃🏼 and posting 🧘🏼‍♀️ In my Calendar
    6. What help do you need from us?
    Click “Like” or any of the feedback responses so I know you are reading? Having this place to report in every few days and knowing someone else is reading is really helpful.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of October?
    More aware of my inner space

Nothing feels
    as good as
    Fit and Healthy
    In MIND and BODY!!!
    🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾
    🚶‍♀️🚶🏻 Autumn Ambles 🚶🏻🚶‍♀️
    🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾
    Autumn Ambles: walk > 7500 steps daily
    Target for the month > 100 miles
    🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️
    29-30
    (103/100) Yay! 2 days to spare
    Walking is just what I do. Every day! Indoors or outdoors. I take every opportunity to do NEAT exercise.
    I have daily steps, and active hours goals set on my Fitbit, with alarms set 15 minutes before the hour every 2 hours so that I can have at least a 10 minute walk.
    Where there’s a will, there’s a way!

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Nov 27 post

17 days of success.
    17 plants colored on my tracking sheet.
    🌸🍀🌲🌷🌼☘️🌴
    🌿🌵🍂🌺🍁🌿💐
    🪴🪷🌾

163.2 lbs
    BMI 24.8 < 25 ♥️
    Weekly BMI: normal
    Yearly BMI: normal

In the groove.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Nov 28 - same as Nov 27
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    From
    @corinasue1143
    You wrote: “I really need to get back to eating right! I need to start some kind of exercise that I will actually DO!”

You might have any to concentrate on one of those or the other.
    What one change would make the biggest positive change re: eating?

Possibilities:
    Standard pattern to meals
    Standard pattern to meal timing
    Reducing one of the following (calories, fat grams, sugar grams etc.)
    Purposely eating slower
    Or eating without distractions
    More water
    More freggies (fruit/veggies)

Then set that one mini goal up for the next week.

Same for the exercise…
    “I will try a new form of exercise each day OR walk X steps”

Possibilities
    Yoga (YouTube)
    Tai Chi (YouTube)
    Light weight work
    Calisthenics
    DANCE to your favor songs
    Swimming
    Pickle ball/tennis/badminton/ping pong
    Nature hiking
    Gardening
    Deep house cleaning
    Bicycling
    Shoot hoops
    Run around after a little kid :)

• KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of November, I said that I would start the tiny habit of doing two incline push-ups after washing my hands in the bathroom. I now usually do more than two, I change up how near or far my hands are (working more triceps or more pecs), and I go from the bathtub (much harder as the incline is less). I am going to keep doing this tiny habit, with the ultimate goal of doing 10 regular push-ups. Of course, if I'm on the floor, I'll be washing my hands after, not before. LOL

This success has made me a huge fan of tiny habits! Now I look all over the place for where to stack them into my day: at the top of the stairs, do two calf raises; when I go downstairs, hang from the bar for a few seconds; when I refill my coffee, do a couple squats at the counter; before I turn out the light at night, do one minute of meditation. The MAIN goal is incline push-ups. Everything else is gravy, but I find I've been doing them all pretty easily.

For December, I will continue the push-ups and focus on hanging. The tiny habit is to hang for just a second or two. One of my dream goals is to do a pull-up, and to do so I will first need the grip strength to hang. So here I come, pull-up!

I hope everyone else has had a successful November and is looking forward to December!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    KacyCarpe wrote: »
    At the beginning of November, I said that I would start the tiny habit of doing two incline push-ups after washing my hands in the bathroom. I now usually do more than two, I change up how near or far my hands are (working more triceps or more pecs), and I go from the bathtub (much harder as the incline is less). I am going to keep doing this tiny habit, with the ultimate goal of doing 10 regular push-ups. Of course, if I'm on the floor, I'll be washing my hands after, not before. LOL

This success has made me a huge fan of tiny habits! Now I look all over the place for where to stack them into my day: at the top of the stairs, do two calf raises; when I go downstairs, hang from the bar for a few seconds; when I refill my coffee, do a couple squats at the counter; before I turn out the light at night, do one minute of meditation. The MAIN goal is incline push-ups. Everything else is gravy, but I find I've been doing them all pretty easily.

For December, I will continue the push-ups and focus on hanging. The tiny habit is to hang for just a second or two. One of my dream goals is to do a pull-up, and to do so I will first need the grip strength to hang. So here I come, pull-up!

I hope everyone else has had a successful
    November and is looking forward to
    December!

Dear @KacyCarpe !
    What an inspirational post! We’re so glad you are here. Tiny habits really do get embedded, helping us create the life we
    love!

I look forward to more exciting times in December with you!

Congratulations!
    💕
    Maddie
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Nov 28-30

2 out of 3 ain’t bad. I think 2 habits are pretty firmly established, and that’s good!

This week

Ok, so I didn’t really do this, but I did find a few good websites, and I did continue to use some of the old vegetarian recipes. I will keep this goal for another month.

2. Clean one kitchen cabinet or drawer. Have been catching up with cooking and restocking the freezer with main dishes and snacks for handy grab and eat. Too busy to clean, but enjoying how easy it is to find things in the ones I have cleaned.
    I did clean the ones I use the most, and I’m really glad! Cooking is easier and more fun when everything you need is easy to find.

From
    @corinasue1143
    You wrote: “I really need to get back to eating right! I need to start some kind of exercise that I will actually DO!”

Possibilities:
    Purposely eating slower
    More water

Same for the exercise…

Possibilities
    Yoga (YouTube)
    Tai Chi (YouTube)
    Light weight work
    Calisthenics
    Swimming
    Nature hiking
    Gardening
    Deep house cleaning
    Bicycling
    Shoot hoops

I’m pretty much back to eating better. I forgot how important it is to have a good plan in place for the day AFTER Thanksgiving. Now that I remember, hopefully I’ll do better with Christmas. Then I’ll probably forget again by next Thanksgiving. Lol.

As for exercise, I read over your list saying “ugh”, “no”, “too cold”, until I got to favorite songs. Tonight I will look up some fun songs to play tomorrow. Will I dance? We shall see. But history says there’s a good chance.

• jamcnewman
    edited November 2022
    Options
    This November, I will do a strength training routine a minimum of two times a week.

November 29 🏋️‍♀️
    December 1 (scheduled)
    Week of November 6-12
    November 9 🏋️‍♀️
    November 12 🏋️‍♀️

Week of November 13-19
    November 15 🏋️‍♀️
    November 17 🏋️‍♀️

Week of November 20-26
    November 22 🏋️‍♀️
    November 24 🏋️‍♀️
    Have had a super month and am so proud of my ability to keep this commitment to myself. There are many elements bundled to cause this good habit to be better established this month and I am continuing it in December now that I have got the trigger, reward, and the other elements in place. 🥳🥳🥳
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Nov 28-30

2 out of 3 ain’t bad. I think 2 habits are pretty firmly established, and that’s good!

This week

Ok, so I didn’t really do this, but I did find a few good websites, and I did continue to use some of the old vegetarian recipes. I will keep this goal for another month.

2. Clean one kitchen cabinet or drawer. Have been catching up with cooking and restocking the freezer with main dishes and snacks for handy grab and eat. Too busy to clean, but enjoying how easy it is to find things in the ones I have cleaned.
    I did clean the ones I use the most, and I’m really glad! Cooking is easier and more fun when everything you need is easy to find.

From
    @corinasue1143

Possibilities:
    Purposely eating slower
    More water

Same for the exercise…

Possibilities
    Yoga (YouTube)
    Tai Chi (YouTube)
    Light weight work
    Calisthenics
    Swimming
    Nature hiking
    Gardening
    Deep house cleaning
    Bicycling
    Shoot hoops

I’m pretty much back to eating better. I forgot how important it is to have a good plan in place for the day AFTER Thanksgiving. Now that I remember, hopefully I’ll do better with Christmas. Then I’ll probably forget again by next Thanksgiving. Lol.

As for exercise, I read over your list saying “ugh”, “no”, “too cold”, until I got to favorite
    songs. Tonight I will look up some fun songs
    to play tomorrow. Will I dance? We shall
    see. But history says there’s a good chance.

Yay! I’d say it’s better than good. It’s great!

I use music sometimes on my walks/hikes if I’m “flagging” perks me right up!

Let’s remind each other about the day after New Years, Valentines, trips/vacations, etc. Just this Thanksgiving, I realized that’s the trick! Yay!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »

November 29 🏋️‍♀️
    December 1 (scheduled)
    Week of November 6-12
    November 9 🏋️‍♀️
    November 12 🏋️‍♀️

Week of November 13-19
    November 15 🏋️‍♀️
    November 17 🏋️‍♀️

Week of November 20-26
    November 22 🏋️‍♀️
    November 24 🏋️‍♀️
    Have had a super month and am so proud of my ability to keep this commitment to myself. There are many elements bundled to cause this good habit to be better established this month and I am continuing it in December now that I have got the trigger, reward, and the other elements in place. 🥳🥳🥳

@jamcnewman
    I hope you don’t mind, but I amSO proud of you! I know this was a hurdle & you are smashing’ it.

I believe each others’ successes fuel our own. You are very inspiring to me :)
  • jamcnewman
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Oh Maddie — how could I mind? Thank you so much for your encouragement of me and of us all. You are the inspiration! 🌟🌟🌟 @MadisonMolly2017
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Everyone's posts that I read since the last time I logged on were insightful, and also encouraging in so many ways. Well done everyone! @MadisonMolly2017 I love the trackers, and thank you for your comments 💖!!

November walking/ exercise/ extra NEAT activities:💖 (rest day💤, space holders💮)
    💮💮-💖-💖-💖-💖-💖
    💤-💖-💖-💖-💖-💖-💖
    💤-💖-💖-💖-💖-💖-💖
    💤-💤-💖-💖-💤-💖-💖
    💤-💖-💖-💖-💮-💮-💮

November paper tiger:🐯 (planned day off😄, space holders💮)
    💮💮-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯
    🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯
    🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯-🐯
    😄-😄-🐯-🐯-😄-🐯-🐯
    😄-🐯-🐯-🐯-💮-💮-💮

November has been a fun & yet at the same time, a fairly stressful month. So my goal has been all along to keep specifically active and also to be in tune with my body as to what that looked like each day. And not overdo it. Paper tiger was successful for November in that I forced myself to look for paper in different places as well as where it is hiding in plain sight, as it so often does. I did not work on major areas (file cabinet for example) yet, as I wanted to establish the habit of a little bit on most days, not to allowing anything new stay, as well as keeping up with the mail and bits and pieces of easily found paper or newly generated paper such as notes or new lists that were finished.
    I will continue this gentle approach next month also, as it is looking like it will be a fun and busy month with family/ friends. So progress and definitely not perfection is the goal. I have been writing a list (I 'apparently' take great delight in making and crossing off lists 😄) of things that need to be attended to or accomplished in 2023 after the holidays are over. Doing this literally stopped me from being sidetracked from what was or is needed to get finished 'now' by things that can definitely wait until next year.
    See you all in December!

:flowerforyou: 🦋
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,203 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾
    🧘🏼‍♀️🍁🍂 NOVEMBER 🍂🍁🧘🏼‍♀️
    🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾

Daily Solid Habits:
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻
    1. My intention for November (This November I will...")
    For November, I am doing research on how to become more grounded.
    Daily 🧘🏼‍♀️ or 🦇
    🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️
    Comments:
    1. Found a chakra graphic and changed my propic
    2. Did some reading on chakras
    3/4/5. Guided meditations
    6 —> Working through Chi Energy Workbook - Simon G Brown
    (Using ‘am’ as opposed to ‘I will … ‘ as it gives me less scope to cop out.
    2. The small actions I am taking to accomplish this goal
    Research > 5 mins
    3. My trigger(s)
    Morning/Afternoon coffee break
    4. Every day
    5. What reward am I immediately giving myself for doing my habit?
    I am doing a victory 💃🏼 and posting 🧘🏼‍♀️ In my Calendar
    6. What help do you need from us?
    Click “Like” or any of the feedback responses so I know you are reading? Having this place to report in every few days and knowing someone else is reading is really helpful.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of October?
    More aware of my inner space

Nothing feels
    as good as
    Fit and Healthy
    In MIND and BODY!!!
    🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾
    🚶‍♀️🚶🏻 Autumn Ambles 🚶🏻🚶‍♀️
    🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾🍁🥀🍂🌾
    Autumn Ambles: walk > 7500 steps daily
    Target for the month > 100 miles
    🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️
    (115/100)
    Walking is just what I do. Every day! Indoors or outdoors. I take every opportunity to do NEAT exercise.
    I have daily steps, and active hours goals set on my Fitbit, with alarms set 15 minutes before the hour every 2 hours so that I can have at least a 10 minute walk.

Thinking on my December focus.
    Where there’s a will, there’s a way!