Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• sunshineyourway
    sunshineyourway Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have lost count

What do you like to do for fun? I love running and all fitness. I also love gardening, arts & crafts.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Raleigh, NC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Maintaining weight loss, continue training for Half Marathons. I would love to reach 100 by the end of the year. YTD #78 HM

How would your pet or friend describe you? Compassionate, Loving, Caring

2 fun things about you? I love Fashion and Fitness.

Anything else you would like to share?
  • Grannysue91
    Grannysue91 Posts: 4,688 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I started doing the challenges in 2010 so I am not sure how many that is so maybe 50 something.

What do you like to do for fun? I love to play with our two fur babies, spend time with our family, and I love playing games on the computer.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I am near Memphis, TN. Don't live there but we are about 45 minutes from there.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to get back on track and lose weight. I am stuck in the 160's and I really want to get down in the 150's. I need to add strength training also.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My pets would say that I am a fun, crazy, loving person. I am a true friend and I love to get together with my friends. My doctor said that she thinks I am an amazing woman. She loves me so I guess she is telling me the truth.

2 fun things about you? I love to dance and I love to listen to music from the 60's and 70's.

Anything else you would like to share? I have 12 grandkids and 2 great grandkids and another one on the way. I am blessed in so many ways.

• renaedar
    renaedar Posts: 626 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think 4 now. So I am pretty new to the 5% challenges

What do you like to do for fun? I like to walk, watercolor, crochet, and all kinds of baking.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Kansas City , Kansas I live in the City and love it.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to run all the 5k's I do this coming 2024 and then build on to running half marathons, then of course full marathons. I need to add some weight training to help me also.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loving but a bit all over the place. My cat Sugar love his Mama though.

2 fun things about you? I love sports, and love to laugh and smile

Anything else you would like to share? I just hope everyone has a great time challenging themselves.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,157 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I believe that I just finished #26 and 6 of those as a CL/Captain!

What do you like to do for fun? I enjoy singing and conducting a small choir that visits two retirement homes each month to present a program of music, reading, computer word games, spending time with family and friends.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live about an hour or so north of Toronto Ontario (Canada)

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I'm continuing to try to get back to my happy weight in the 160s but can't seem to make it past the low 170s.

How would your pet or friend describe you? No pet but I think my friends would describe me as organized, caring, with a sense of humour.

2 fun things about you? I enjoy football especially our Canadian league CFL where my favourite team is the Tiger Cats.

• jeanhickokhaley
    jeanhickokhaley Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to remember. I started with Spark People.

What do you like to do for fun? Photography, music, hike with my dog.

What major city do you live in or near? 65 miles north of Los Angeles (high desert) State? California

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Keep losing weight, Get down to the low 140's.

How would your pet or friend describe you? She spoils me rotten!

2 fun things about you? I'm a major animal lover, and love mother nature.

• Gaiblin
    Gaiblin Posts: 404 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think this is my fourth.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, sudokus, octordle, travel, hike in nature, spend time with friends and family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Ann Arbor, MI

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To make progress toward getting my weight down to 150 lbs. To exercise regularly, a challenge when the weather is frigid and icy and one enjoys exercising outside.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My dog Maia (lab retriever) would say that I don't pay her enough attention. LOL! :) I do have a busy life. My friends would say that I'm very open, approachable, and can be deep and thoughtful - but also goofy and playful. I'm less concerned with appearances than with substance. They'd also say I'm a social introvert. :)

2 fun things about you? 1 - I enjoy watching (some) Korean dramas. 2 - I have a good sense of humor!

Anything else you'd like to share? I've been married to my husband for 32.5 years. We have 3 adult children in their 20s.
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Participated in many challenges as I have been a member of MFP for many years. I usually start out well - don’t keep the momentum going. Looking forward to this time being different.

What do you like to do for fun? I love golfing and traveling.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Chattanooga, TN

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Consistency with exercise, eat healthier- lower cholesterol and lose 25lbs

How would your pet or friend describe you? Thoughtful, giving & loving

2 fun things about you? I love music and silly love story TV movies(Hallmark
  • Yiche912
    Yiche912 Posts: 6,255 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    ~ Done too many to count. All I know is that I started SP at the end of April 2019 and about one year after, I started doing the 5% challenges. I probably missed a couple but once I joined again, I stuck with it.

What do you like to do for fun?
    ~ I love to dance, listen to music, enjoy batch cooking, walking my dog twice daily, reading, sewing, cleaning and decluttering my house, decorating, need I go on?

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    ~ I live in Almonte, a small town outside of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. We only have to drive in Ottawa for medical appointments for my husband. We have all that is necessary in the area.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    ~ I need to lose some weight. I know where my problems lie but seem unmotivated lately to attack them. This needs to change and quickly.

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    ~ Very loyal and affectionate.

2 fun things about you?
    ~ 1. I am fully bilingual in both English and French (read, write, spoken). I am in the process of learning Spanish. 2. I enjoy meeting people from anywhere. Very curious!

~ My husband and I returned to Canada after a 45 year stay in West Africa for work. We fully enjoyed our stay there as it is a completely different lifestyle altogether. Upon my return, I have discovered that I can do without winter and summer as the extreme temperatures are not enjoyable to me. I make do of course as I have no choice. The cold can get unpleasant but if one is dressed warmly, one is okay. As for the heat, that slows me down to not wanting to move at all. I have had my share of heat to last me for the rest of my life...

Here is my walking companion Mimi who will be 13 next March.

rryd260nqwx3.jpg

• Yiche912
    Yiche912 Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    2lxtaolllq8r.jpg
  • mclean1948
    mclean1948 Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

This Winter one will be my 2nd one....( really enjoyed the Fall one )

Right there now not too much lol....just had a full left hip replacement and basically learning to walk again.
    Once back in better shape....
    I love reading
    I love winter and snow shoveling
    I love just walking 🚶‍♀️ anywhere outside ... but prefer the wood trails winter or summer.
    Use to line dance and loved it but since covid there is no more.
    I love mowing grass and gardening.

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    I live in a small city called Campbellton in northern New Brunswick.

My goal is to be walking normal again without a walker or cane!

No pets in my house except hubby (who is my bestest friend)
    Hubby and any other family or friends would say I am stubborn and always HAVE to be right! But like I tell them....Most times I AM right! 😆
    They would also say I have a fair touch of OCD....
    They would also say I am generous to a fault and wear my heart ❤️ on my sleeve....
    And I DO not mince my words ....I either tell you like I see it...
    Or say nothing!
    ( my grandmother 👵 use to tell me growing up....if you can't say something nice....DO NOT say anything! )

2 fun things about you?
    1 ) I love ❤️ to tease and joke and can be very sarcastic at times but usually in fun ways..
    2) I love ❤️ to cook and try new recipes. My FB page is full of recipes. Love ❤️ making them fit my 1200 calories a day diet.

Hubby is from Scotland
    We met on the internet 25 yrs ago on ICQ
    I moved to Scotland for 7 years till Hubby could retire.
    I am a nurse and worked in a Nrsg Home in Glasgow and another one in Stirling.
    We returned to Canada 🇨🇦 in 2007.
    We will be married 20 years in 2023
  • bhsuzycue
    bhsuzycue Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? no idea - started with Sparkpeople in 2010 and participated off and on over the years

What do you like to do for fun? Read, watch movies and TV, play with my furbabies

What major city do you live in or near? State? Little Rock, Arkansas - USA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Meet or exceed my daily steps goal and stay within my macros

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal and humorous

2 fun things about you? I don't like odd numbers, although 5 is ok and I always pet all the puppies in the park, after I check with their owners.
  • nbruns83
    nbruns83 Posts: 1,961 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? If I've counted correctly, I've completed 22.

What do you like to do for fun? I love to cook and bake, read, knit, sew and jog.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Right now I'm in southern Idaho, but in January, DH and I will be "snow birds" in St. George, Utah.

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Strep throat and a nasty virus invaded my sinuses in October, so getting back into a fitness routine and rebuilding my endurance will be my biggest goals.

How would your pet or friend describe you? loyal, stubborn and a bit too sarcastic at times.

2 fun things about you? I can darn socks, hand-hem hankies, and have mastered many domestic chores your great-grandmothers performed. And I find them amazingly satisfying.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm a retired teacher, who loves "not planning" anymore, so these challenges can bring out my rebellious streak. But I'm also a dedicated team member, so I do it for the team.
  • walkintofit
    walkintofit Posts: 3,547 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have been on Sparkpeople, Cloverleaf team and here, I would say approx 54

What do you like to do for fun? movies, reading books, rowing, walking

What major city do you live in or near? State? small town in Southern Idaho

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? keep on moving

How would your pet or friend describe you? oh here she comes with food

2 fun things about you? i give ideas on where to travel, love playing with the grandkids
  • WinterflowerSP
    WinterflowerSP Posts: 832 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? a couple including SP

What do you like to do for fun? craft

What major city do you live in or near? State? near Grand Rapids, MN

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? I want to stay on a routine with exercise and stay on plan with eating.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Fun to walk with and takes good care of us.

2 fun things about you? 1) I like to spend time with my grands and family. 2) I'd almost always rather be crafting! LOL
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is the second.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, Activity - dancing, kayaking, social, out and about. Also binge watching D series movies, ie Lake Placid. Bargains too!

What major city do you live in or near? State? outside Los Angeles, Calif

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? weight loss, firming up the cellulite

How would your pet or friend describe you? the best person in the world who scratches me all I want.

2 fun things about you? ocean swimming ** and wanting to visit Alaska

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,499 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? several

What do you like to do for fun? dance
    Activity - dancing, reading, arts and crafts, watching sports.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Toronto, Ontario, Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? weight loss

How would your pet or friend describe you? kind, caring, thoughtful, helpful

2 fun things about you? i love to voluteer and i like to ice skate.

Anything else you would like to share? Good luck to everyone on the challenge.
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    This will be my first

Road trips to new places and finding new hiking trails, playing board games, especially word games.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Central Wisconsin, USA

Better food and beverage choices. More veggies and more water. Less fast food and energy drinks. Lose 5% of my present weight this challenge which would take me to my goal weight.

My 11 year old bichon would say I’m quiet most of the time. He’s happy I’m willing to play with him when when he gets his spurts of energy and a good pillow to rest next to when watching a romantic comedy. My husband of 36 years would probably say the same lol.
    2 fun things about you?
    My husband and I have hiked every Wisconsin state Park. We are now working on road tripping around all 5 Great Lakes. We have 2 to go.

• SharonWIMSONFLOWER
    SharonWIMSONFLOWER Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Ooooh, not sure at all. Maybe 20?

What do you like to do for fun? Birdwatch, garden, walk, read, write, listen to music, chat with my daughter and sisters

What major city do you live in or near? State? Houston, Texas (but I live way in the country near a little town)

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? TAKE IT BACK!!! Most of this year has been a gradual relapse, and I want to take my success back.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Faithful, loving, maybe a bit too serious, not playful enough

Anything else you would like to share? We are adapting to living Stateside again after 18+ years of living/working in Mexico among a remote people group. Sticker shock is brutal, and the USA we returned to isn't the same as the one we left. It's been harder than I anticipated, but here's to a NEW YEAR around the corner! YAY!
  • stacie917
    stacie917 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 2

What do you like to do for fun? Read, hike

What major city do you live in or near? State? Dfw, texas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To actually lose weight.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My cat doesn't talk.

2 fun things about you? I started gardening last year. Eating a salad you grew yourself is satisfying a heck of a lot cheaper.

• cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my first.

What do you like to do for fun? I like to read and to make things.

What major city do you live in or near? State? About 40 miles east of Los Angeles.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To be consistent in tracking

How would your pet or friend describe you? My Riley would tell you I hung the moon. My friends would tell you I’m encouraging and supportive.

2 fun things about you? I read 100+ books a year. Maybe more weird than fun, but I enjoy spreadsheets.

Anything else you would like to share? I am really excited to be here!
This discussion has been closed.