Countdown Activity 5 - Win Today Check List

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,230 Member
edited December 2022 in Social Groups
Are you frustrated with your weight loss? Are you random on how you get things done? Does time get away from you, workouts get missed and meals are sketchy? Change it up!
Plan for a successful and productive week. Get rid of the time wasters, bad habits, your rut. Today start on your path to fitness and weight loss. Set the goals YOU NEED for a successful day, then create the daily routine that will get you there. This healthy new daily routine will bring you the success you desire.

You choose how your day will go, with a routine you do over and over again, eventually making it a habit. Once it is a habit, you do not need to consciously think about it to act. You do not let things slip, and you save time by not having to decide what to do with your day. End the day knowing you followed your routine and are taking the right steps to achieve your goals.

With the change of season, it is easier to make lifestyle changes. What goals and plans will make it a happy and healthy season?

To get started detail what you actually do each day; be precise with how much time you spend with each activity. Then organize and list what activities will be a better use your time, and work towards your goals.

Remind yourself often 'do what you should do, when you should do', no procrastination. Push harder than yesterday if you want a different tomorrow.

'Discipline is choosing between what you want most now and what you want most' - Abraham Lincoln.

Motivation is what get you started, habit is what keeps you going.

Do you already have a daily routine that includes your healthy meals, fitness and your well being?

Do you have it where you see it often?

Please tell us what works for you.

Replies

• kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    This is what I have on my checklist

Goal 152 POUNDS - DO NOT GAIN WEIGHT!
    DAILY CHECKLIST

1 Get up 7:00 AM
    2 Daily weigh in to monitor weight trend
    3 A.M. meds, hair, dress, sunscreen
    4 Hike with dog
    5 Coffee
    6 Fill water bottle
    7 Breakfast
    8 Make bed, tidy bedroom, etc.
    9 Dinner? Check weekly menu plan
    10 Morning 6,000 steps
    11 Afternoon 2,000 steps
    12 Evening 2,000 steps
    13 Room to room tidy
    14 8 glasses of water
    15 Nutrition Tracking
    16 3 Meals a Day. No Random Eating.
    17 Time with family/friends - phone or Zoom
    18 Canada Food Guide servings
    19 No eating out
    20 Workout Video/Exercise
    21 Bedtime 10 PM

Fruit 2
    Vegetables and Fruit 5
    Grain Products 4
    Milk and Alternatives 3
    Meat and Alternatives 2
    Fat 2

Daily at Home

Hike in the forest meander my way back
    Light weights while I watch the news - 10 minutes

If we don't create time to exercise, to sleep, or to prepare healthy food, we're borrowing from our future health... quote by Adam Fletcher
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,298 Member
    Options
    My daily power list:

16 oz of water
    Read 10 pages of a self development book
    Sleep 7+ hrs
    Hit my protein goal
    Hit my steps goal
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Daily power plan
    4:30 pray. Water
    Standing ab workout, squats,wallpushes
    Vitamin packed fruit and kale smoothie /med
    Pack healthy lunch. Water
    Work 6-3. Water
    Walk outside - water
    Vegetable dish for supper -water
    7-8 hours sleep -water at bedside
  • walkreadlift
    walkreadlift Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I believe this will help me get started. *I will adjust my list as I go or for some activity to take part of the challenge.

64- 80 oz water
    Eat more eggs, vegetables, fruit, nuts, salad, whole foods
    Eat greens everyday.. even if it’s only a small amount
    Cut down sugar, cereal, bread, crackers, junky carbs
    No late night (over load) snacking

Be active everyday 8k steps, working up to 10k.
    Dog play- everyday
    Stretch - everyday
    Walking video - 1-2 days a week
    Weight Training or WT video - 2-3 days a week
    Babysit\ House chores\shopping\projects - 2 days a week
    Rest day - 1 day a week
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,211 Member
    Options
    @Kaliswalker this is VERY USEFUL!! TY TY TY TY

Do you already have a daily routine that includes your healthy meals, fitness and your well being? Currently I do not plan my meals, when I do it stresses me out so much to "have" to stick by it." HOWEVER I do plan on how many calories per meal which still gives me the freedom to have what I want, but stay in goal. This works easily for me.

Do you have it where you see it often? Each AM when I wake up i usually know right off how I feel. Within an hour I write out the day. I no longer plan it strictly as I used to. But, I make sure it's doable for the day. I would like to add in more strengthening exercises and I WILL!!

Please tell us what works for you.

Though I LOVE using my phone with reminders and so much more, when I write down the day activities it's rewarding to scratch them OUT as I do them. Just makes me smile to see them done. The things I do not enjoy and WANT TO IGNORE get done. Today as I look back over it,,, TADA it's all done and none of it was strenuous at all! PLUS I ALSO ADD IN FUN THINGS!!!
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Do you already have a daily routine that includes your healthy meals, fitness, and your well-being? * Yes, and over the holidays I didn't stick with it too well, but I'm back on the horse. I do best on vegetarian Keto, so I plan to stick with that. I've been on maintenance for about 15 years, but I plan to lose another 5 pounds.
    Do you have it where you see it often? * Oh yes!
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,246 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Are you frustrated with your weight loss? Are you random on how you get things done? Does time get away from you, workouts get missed and meals are sketchy? Change it up!
    Plan for a successful and productive week. Get rid of the time wasters, bad habits, your rut. Today start on your path to fitness and weight loss. Set the goals YOU NEED for a successful day, then create the daily routine that will get you there. This healthy new daily routine will bring you the success you desire.

You choose how your day will go, with a routine you do over and over again, eventually making it a habit. Once it is a habit, you do not need to consciously think about it to act. You do not let things slip, and you save time by not having to decide what to do with your day. End the day knowing you followed your routine and are taking the right steps to achieve your goals.

With the change of season, it is easier to make lifestyle changes. What goals and plans will make it a happy and healthy season?

> > > > I still work, full-time, but spend an average of 3 days working outside of the home and two days working from home. My typical week:
    Monday - In the office
    Tuesday - WFH
    Wednesday - In the office
    Thursday - In the office
    Friday - WFH

This is what I have on my checklist ~ 2023 Winter 5% Challenge ... Lose 5%

~ ~ ~ ~Daily Checklist~ ~ ~ ~
    AM:
    1. Get up around 5:30am (most of the time, I get up before that, occasionally I sleep a little longer, but absolutely no later than 5:45am.
    2. Daily weigh-in/log my weight
    3. Coffee.
    4. Check-in to MFP and visit as many threads as possible.
    5. At 630am, daily temp. check/log temp (I work in a hospital ~ in one of the offices, but if you are in the building, you are still required to take your temp. every day-especially while during times where Covid/Flu/RSV is spiking in 2022/2023).
    6. Shower/hair/dress, etc.
    7. Make bed (Depends on when DH gets up(!) If he sleeps late (he is retired) and I go into the office, I usually pull back the sheets and let the bed air out and make it when I get home)
    8. Fill water bottle or grab seltzer (2 1-litre bottles/day) = Total: 64 oz. per day of water and/or seltzer.
    9. If going into the office, pack breakfast and/or lunch (if it was not done the night before)
    10. Check-in at work ~ answer e-mail(s), plan my day based on my 'To Do List' that I update daily or at the very least, every few days.
    11. If punching in at work, leave by 7:15am. If starting to work at home, make sure to punch in by 8am before leaving for work.

All Day:
    1. Drink Water: minimum of 64 oz. water and/or seltzer per day.
    2. Daily Steps: minimum of 6,000 steps per day
    3. Daily Exercise: 30 minutes/day X 4 days/ week = minimum of 120 minutes/week.
    4. Nutrition Tracking: everything eaten (planned and/or unplanned)
    5. NO Random eating ... especially no night time snacking ~ stick with 3 meals/day.

Evening:
    1. Dinner. No evening eating/snacking (try to make cut-off at 7pm, unless going to Mom's to work on her books after work, then dinner is later, then no eating/snacking whenever dinner is complete).
    2. Try to make sure to have only one plate of food at diner unless still hungry, then fill up with veggies or salad.
    3. Walking (complete minimum steps after dinner if not done during the day to achieve minimum 6,000 steps/day)
    4. MFP: Check-in with Red Hots Team and add up team daily exercise/LTGL. Report sub-totals within Red Hots Team and with Challenge Community.

PM:
    Bedtime: 930pm

REMINDEERS and/or Extra:
    1. No evening eating/snacking (try to make cut-off at 7pm, unless going to Mom's to work on her books after work, then dinner is later, then no eating/snacking whenever dinner is complete).
    2. Try to make sure to have only one plate of food at diner unless still hungry, then fill up with veggies or salad.
    3. No eating out unless planned and/or tracked ahead of time. If I can't get exact nutritional values (due to eating out, for instance), I will try to do the best I can to track comparable items/meals.

**As I'm writing this, I'm sure that there are things I'm missing between going to work days and WFH days. Also, my weekends are also a little different. I may come back and adjust this list as needed ~ hoping to be able to stick with this plan, at least as a 'guide. It would be much easier to plan my days if they were the same all the time.**

Heidi (hicim705), Captain
    2023 Winter 5% Challenge ~ 🔴🌡️RED HOTS🌡️🔴

Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges (hosted on MFP)
    Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges ~ Bloggers!!
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    I have a new spreadsheet where I’m listing each day what I hope to do each day where I tick off success and failure
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,214 Member
    Options
    Being retired after years of teaching and having to be very scheduled I don't like to have my day strictly scheduled - in fact I fight against too much planning. That being said, I do have a general routine, especially for my mornings to ensure that I get in my workouts which goes like this:

Morning stretch which starts before I even get out of bed - usually between 8-8:30 am
    Weigh and dress
    Drink 24 oz warm water with lemon while I empty my dishwasher and do my breakfast prep so that I have things ready to cook when I finish my workout.
    Head to the basement to do my Pahla B workout video
    Come back upstairs to do a thorough post workout stretching routine.
    Have breakfast and check in with my team while I have my coffee.
    As a team leader, taking care of team "business" will be done next - posting numbers, responding on the chat thread and other team feeds, contacting members as needed, etc.
    The rest of the day will depend on what I have scheduled - book club meeting, singing or practicing, appointments, meeting with friends - most of which I generally schedule for the afternoons whenever possible so that I can adhere to my morning workout routine.
    Because I eat breakfast late, lunch generally occurs around mid afternoon and might be planned or whatever I feel like eating. I do consider balancing my macros and staying within a reasonable calorie range.
    I have another team on MFP that I try to keep up with daily and that often happens late afternoon although that can vary.
    Dinner is prepared by hubby and is usually around 6 pm although it can be a bit earlier or later.
    Evenings I generally relax and watch some programs on my computer. I do continue to check in with my team and keep up with posting or announcements on the team as needed.
    Bedtime at the moment is 12:30 to 1 am although I am trying to get that closer to 12:30 consistently.
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,318 Member
    Options
    Kinda the same here as with Sue..after years as an RN in the ER and ICU I absolutely rebel at any tight schedule..I will do what I set out to do..but I will do it when I am ready. I try to do my bike while watching Jeopardy ..other exercises usually happen later in the day..I am NOT a morning exercise person. I have chores and feeding and other stuff to do then. My best time to exercise is against all the rules,,shortly before bedtime works for me! We each need to figure out what we will do and then plan on that! Pahla has exercise videos on You Tube..so can access any time!
    Bedtime..no honestly sleep time is my biggest whoops..I do try to be in bed by 11, but if I am reading..ahh well it can be 2 or 3 or later in the AM before I give up. Last night I was proud of me..it was only 1:15 and I finished my book and did not start another..just picked out which one !!
    Exercising the mind is as important as exercising the body!!
  • WinterflowerSP
    WinterflowerSP Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Healthy Habits for Each Day KISS-Keep It Simple Sweetie

Personal Care-Shower, dress, etc. "When you look good, you feel good!"
    Make some "Me time" for the things I enjoy doing: 30-60 min
    Make the plan for Dinner
    Eat after 12
    Drink 64 oz of Water through the day
    Healthy Lunch Choices-include an abundance of freggies
    Healthy Dinner Choices-include an abundance of freggies
    Evening Snack