Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• steele127
    steele127 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my 2nd or 3rd. I haven't devoted the time that I should have in the past but I'm ready to change that.

What do you like to do for fun?
    I don't have a lot of free time sadly so i don't really have a fun thing to do right now.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Arizona

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I would LOVE to lose 50 pounds this year.

How would your pet or friend describe you? That's a hard one

2 fun things about you?
  • MegLovesHistory
    MegLovesHistory Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Meg.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first!

What do you like to do for fun? I love reading and hanging out with my kids and my husband.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Near Norfolk, Virginia

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I have a lot of weight to lose. I really need help starting. I've not ever stuck with weight loss, and I don't know what to do!

How would your pet or friend describe you? Empathetic, loving

2 fun things about you? I love being silly with my kids, with dancing and singing
  • kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi @kaliswalker

I’m new to the challenge and I’m unsure if there’s anything else I need to do. I have done an introduction post, but I have seen posts that talk about choosing a team/getting an invite. If you could let me know if there’s anything else I need to do, to get started, that would be great.

Thank you 😊
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first and so excited!

What do you like to do for fun? So many to list....RVing with my husband around the country, gardening, scrapbooking, photography, reading, (used to love exercising, hoping to change that), cooking, hiking.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Roanoke, Virginia

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? My major goal is to lose 40 lbs. by July. I want to make exercise an important part of my life again. Life got turned upside down over the past 2 years and want to change my lifestyle to the way it once was when I was fit and healthy.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Cat...compassionate, caring, God-fearing, and a go big or go home kinda person.

2 fun things about you? Playing video games and jigsaw puzzles on my ipad.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,036 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? * I have no idea but it's a lot!
    What do you like to do for fun? * Garden, write, play guitar, read, crochet, teach
    What major city do you live in or near? State? * I live near Honolulu in Hawaii, but on a different island
    What are your health/fitness goals for this season? * Go to the gym at least 3 times each week, and walk around my neighborhood with my walker, stick with the Keto vegetarian food plan
    How would your pet or friend describe you? * My cat would say I'm a great cushion to curl up on and sleep
    2 fun things about you? * I only retired from being a professor a year ago (at age 87) and I'm creating an e-course on growing older with gusto.
    Anything else you would like to share? * If you come to the island of Hawaii, let me know. I'll give you ideas of the best places to visit
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,339 Member
    Options
    @kodakslim - I don't see your name on the team sign up. You need to sign up in the thread, "Do you want a seat on a Plane...." Here's the link to that thread to make it easy for you to find:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878401/do-you-want-a-seat-on-a-plane-post-only-to-this-topic#latest
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,749 Member
    Options
  • ruffit1
    ruffit1 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?

How amany 5% challenges hve you joined? I have joined many here and on Sprkpeople.

What do you like to do for fun? Anything outdoors - walking hiking

What major city do you live in or near? State? NYC I live in NJ

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose some pesty pounds and keep being more active.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Considerate giving and loving.

2 fun things about you? I love to cruise and explore the ports of call.

Anything else you would like to share? Just very happy to be here.
  • Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Several

How many 5% challenges have you joined? I have joined many on Sparkpeople since 2011 and the ones from the same group here on MFP.

What do you like to do for fun? Playing golf, Walking, Games online, Reading , Playing with my Grandson is the most FUN!

What major city do you live in or near? State? Winston Salem, NC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Stay healthy, exercise every day, maintain weight 145-150.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Dependable

2 fun things about you? Love meeting new people and getting involved in too many things!

Anything else you would like to share? Just very happy to be here.
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 792 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    About 3
    Listen to the Bible, sing, walk, run, bike, eat, watch Netflix
    What major city do you live in or near? State? Like @Go_Gal_Grow , New Mexico

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    Begin outside exercise again (too cold), curb excess eating, find a good saddle for my new exercise bike
    How would your pet or friend describe you?
    Scary & large. I have finches.
    2 fun things about you?
    I like British Isle novels & shows, & I’m goofy.
    Anything else you would like to share? Umm. Nope!
  • Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,443 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Several, beginning with Spark People; maybe 3 with MFP

What do you like to do for fun? Read a lot. Knit a bit. Walk a bunch. Txt with family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Los Angeles

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My goal is to lose 10 pounds this season.

How would your pet or friend describe you? No pets. My Best Friend, who is my husband, might say that I'm quiet, dependable, honest, and love being with him. I lost my last three friends during Covid.

2 fun things about you? I can wiggle my ears, I love to sing, and dance.

I am waiting for my invitation to 5% Winter Shape Shifters - MFP is not working well. Thanx 8)
  • melissaaridgeway
    melissaaridgeway Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? None. This would be my first one.

What do you like to do for fun? I like to be crafty - knitting, diamond painting, quilling, and drawing. I also love to write and I'm working on my first book.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Closest major city to me would be Aiken, South Carolina or Augusta, Georgia.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To shed pounds and be healthier.

How would your pet or friend describe you? A Hermit. Lol. I'm an introvert and if I don't have to leave my home, I most certainly won't. However I love my husband and kids very much, I just don't like socializing with other people so much.

2 fun things about you? I got out of the military (US Air Force) last April after serving 10 years and... that's all I can think of. I'm not really a fun/interesting person lol

Anything else you would like to share. Nope
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have lost count, been doing them since Spark...

What do you like to do for fun? I like to read, crochet, sew, knit and craft, watch hockey, baseball, go for walks

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?This round i am working on regaining my strength and endurance, Covid took a lot out of me but it is fuinally starting to get better. I don't have a weight loss goal ruight now, yes I have extra to klose but my focus is on nutrition and fitness right now, weight loss will come

How would your pet or friend describe you?My puppy would say that i never give him enough treats!!, my cats love me and my friends wouls say that I am a great friend and fun to be around

2 fun things about you?I am goofy and I like to make jokes

Anything else you would like to share?I am going to Mexico for the first time in January, I'm excited and looking forward to the break for the snow and cold
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Deanna. I *think* I signed up in the right place.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first one.

What do you like to do for fun? Reading, singing, makeup

What major city do you live in or near? State? Oklahoma City, OK

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I need to get back into my fitness routine I had a few years ago before injuries stopped me in my tracks. I also need to tackle my lifelong soda addiction. I'm a new empty-nester and I'm still trying to adapt.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My two German Shepherds think I hung the moon. Not too sure if all my friends would agree. lol

2 fun things about you? I work in a male federal prison and have for 14 years. I love to travel, especially cruises. I'm happier when I'm tan and reading on a beach.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm excited to be here and hopeful that I stick with it!
  • BWMcClellan
    BWMcClellan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think 4 or5 not certain

Visit with friends, play piano, hike, see something interesting

What major city do you live in or near? State? Salt Lake City, UT

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose weight and lower A1C

How would your pet or friend describe you? Serious, introverted

2 fun things about me.
    I have a Westie who like to keep me walking by day and my lap warm in the evening.
    I like to knit and crochet.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,109 Member
    Options
    dmsl977 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm Deanna. I *think* I signed up in the right place.

You did sign up correctly!! WTG!!! Keep an eye on the seating ,,, the link is below:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878401/do-you-want-a-seat-on-a-plane-post-only-to-this-topic#latest
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,999 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Lots!

What do you like to do for fun? Crochet, birding, bicycling, hiking, researching family genealogy

What major city do you live in or near? Boston...about 1-1/2 hours drive
    State? New Hampshire

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Consistency - high intensity cardio, strength training, tracking food, staying in range, drinking enough water, getting enough sleep, meditating, writing in my journal

How would your pet or friend describe you? I think my cat Earl would describe me as "the food lady".

2 fun things about you? I drove across country and spent the summer camping in 1974. I visited Ireland, twice.

Anything else you would like to share? 2022 has been a rough year. Broke my wrist in January. My beloved cat Scout died suddenly in June. My boyfriend sold his house and moved in with me in September. My 99 year old aunt passed away in December, just a month shy of her 100th.
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,699 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Since 2014 all

What do you like to do for fun? Playing games on the computer, making recipes healthy, walking

What major city do you live in or near? State? Sharon Hill PA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 10lbs/go back to the Y

How would your pet or friend describe you? Bella very loveable owner. Friends I would do anything for them as I do

2 fun things about you? 1. I’ve listen to the same radio station since I was 8yrs old I’m 72yrs now.

Anything else you would like to share? I semi-retired in 2015 to watch my then 4yr old grandson. I work part-time fri & sat 3rd shift and when they need me to fill in.
  • redgolden966
    redgolden966 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my second... the first was really helpful!

What do you like to do for fun? I love to craft, especially make cards.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live on the Treasure Coast of Florida

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? First I have to lose what I gained over the holidays...OMG. This year I would love to drop another 50 lbs.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Archie, my goldendoodle would say I am always around and willing to give hugs.

2 fun things about you? I love to make lists and check things off!
  • kphel172154
    kphel172154 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi this is my first challenge
    My grandkids think I am fun! That’s important to me
    Major close city is OKC
    Health fitness goals are to lose 15 lbs for my 5% n then keep on going n lose total of 50 lbs. Also want to get into routine of waking n weight lifting.
    My BFF is my husband of almost 50 years n he would say I am determined when I set my mind to it. He would also say I am fun.
    2 fun things for me is working in our farm (cows, sheep n chickens) n grandkids & doing things with hubby.
    I continue to work am an RN n nursing home administrator. So stress is my “excuse” to eat. Work hard not to feel old.
    Good luck to all of u! We can do this
This discussion has been closed.