January Week 1 Group Challenge - Things to Decree in 2023

Options
jessicakrall8
jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
edited January 2023 in Social Groups
xjt2z1ip5pjp.png

inmjag3gt12o.png

x6lxw6b3yj4h.png

Welcome to January, 2023 and Happy New Year!! Last year was a challenging one for many of us, in many ways. I hope you found time during 2022 to meet many of your fitness and nutritional goals. This week's challenge gets us looking back reflectively and using the knowledge and experience we gained in 2022 to help us set healthy goals for 2023. I'm excited about the upcoming year and all of the successes on the horizon. I hope you are looking forward to meeting your goals for the year as well!

This challenge gives some opening questions 1-13...think about those this week and discuss them as you'd like throughout the week. Many people have enjoyed the frequent "conversation starters" I've used in challenges throughout the year as well, so there are 40 of those divided into seven days (starting Sun Jan 1st - Sat Jan 7th), so look for the underline dividing the days and you can choose one or several of these each day to discuss in the chat.

Mostly, I hope you'll use this time to congratulate yourselves and be proud of the strides you made...on the scale and off! Reflect on those and start setting your goals for 2023. I look forward to sharing lots of milestones with you this year! Thank you for supporting our group challenges throughout the year. Let's get to work!

Jessica :blush:

Replies

• lrjogger1
    lrjogger1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @Nixoncat1 great plan to build your habit of strength workouts by not placing “time restrictions” on yourself. I love that!!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to everyone on this week's challenge.
    I do find Jan 1st is a good time to feel motivated to succeed.Unfortunately as a serial yoyo dieter it is so frustrating to get to goal & then fail to stay there.
    Looking back to Dec 2021 I was a similar weight to now.I got to goal at end of April did quite well until July but then strayed from the path.
    My change is that I exercise alot more.I am most proud of my fitness level for my age.Also that I have logged every day .My steps are OK but could be better.I have had some health problems in 2022 & now I'm on hypertension medication.I would like to reverse this if I can.
    My note to myself would be "You've done well girl ! "
    1 habit I would like to break in 2023 ;
    Stop eating unhealthy evening snacks eg salted peanuts,cheese biscuits.
    The new habit I would like to build is to eat more vegetables & less red meat.
    Thank you @micaroo4 that's a great idea to eat veg first.I will definitely try it.
    Good luck all.

• alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Everyone

Think back to Dec 2021, compare to where you are now on your journey, what is the biggest change? What are you most proud of?

2021 was a crazy year and ended that why too. Me doing what I always do and that is work. I would rather work than be sitting at home being depressed. My biggest change was less work hours and more me time. What I'm most proud of is that I stress less and do more self-care. I've come a long way in 2022 and 2023 is going to be even better.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    lrjogger1 wrote: »
    My decrees for 2023:
    Get to my goal weight and MAINTAIN it. I have achieved my goals of weight loss several times but I really struggle to stay there. I want 2023 to be the year I maintain my weight loss and healthy lifestyle

The decrees I will put in place this year to help me achieve my goals.

-tracking my food to stay within my calorie budget
    -eating more vegetables
    -drink more water
    -complementing my healthy diet with cardio or strength exercises 4 times per week
    -encourage others in their healthy life changes

I love your goal to maintain! There are a few maintainers here on F2F - we have a sporadic chat thread, but we also each belong to a specific team. It helps a lot to stick with your team once you hit your goal. You still weigh in every week, aiming to stay within a range you define as your "goal zone". If you go above your max for 2 weeks in a row, you are popped right back into the regular team until you are back within your goal zone for 2 weeks. The discipline helps fight the "I made it, so I can eat anything now!" attitude.

If you want to read the maintainers thread to get some ideas and inspiration, here it is - join in even before you hit your goal weight if you want. Planning is key!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803339/goal-zone-maintenance-chat/p1
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    In looking back at the past year, I see many non-scale victories and also some things I need to work harder at for this year. I'm hoping to be more consistent with my nutrition. Glad my knees are stronger and the swelling I was having issues with has improved GREATLY this year.

I want to continue with my intentional walking and continued building my daily step count, but I have to do it reasonably so as not to risk injury.

I'm hoping to see improvements in my meds this year and would like to celebrate some scale victories. I'll be honest, I'm dealing with a little fear...fear of change...and hoping/working towards eliminating self-sabotage. Not sure exactly why the fear is there, but trying to deal with it.

Enjoy your day!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.