January Week 1 Group Challenge - Things to Decree in 2023

Options

Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,273 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    2022- more downs than ups - with my husband's pancreatic cancer diagnosis, putting down my 15yo kitty a week before my husband's pancreas surgery; learning about Type 1 diabetes as my husband is now diagnosed with that; my youngest son and fiancee moving to Georgia
    The year was filled with numerous dr appts, chemo sessions and surgeries
    The main victory is my husband is now in remission from pancreatic cancer- there is no cure so he will need to be scanned every 4 to 6 mos
    Nutrition was crap last year, but I did manage to get various workouts in for my mental health - my local barre studio that I relied heavily on with the friends i had made ended up closing by August

For 2023 - I'm keeping my intentions small otherwise I get overwhelmed by doing too much
    I signed up for the new yoga studio that has taken over the barre studio space where I was going - it's opening late Winter
    I signed up for the 30 day yoga challenge with Adriene that starts today

I am doing the calendar workouts for Bodyfit by Amy - January's theme is Step Into Your Power
    Being mindful of my nutrition and getting my water in before coffee
    Hopeful for a better 2023💥💥💥😘
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    One healthy food I am going to start eating for me is more about having more meatless main meals, whatever that may look like: beans, lentils, tofu, seitan, etc. I’m looking forward to trying new recipes like the 1-Pot Lentil Chili recipe from the Minimalist Baker for lunches this week!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    One person I want to reconnect with is my oldest friend we've been friends for over 40 years but the last year & a half we haven't seen each other & have drifted apart.I made the first move by texting her on New Year's Day saying I didn't want another year to pass without seeing her.
    Thankfully I got a positive reply & we are hoping to meet up soon. 🙂
    I decided to start weighing my food again today.I feel my portion sizes have been getting bigger so time for accurate logging.
    I didn't meet my step target today eventhough I did a Dance workout on utube I didn't go out.Meeting a friend for a walk tomorrow so hopefully tomorrow will be better.
  • rorojones95
    rorojones95 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My goals are:
    GET MY WATER IN!
    Log my food.
    Weigh and measure everything I eat when possible.
    Stop ordering so much when I have to eat out. One enchilada will fill me up just fine! 😬
    Check in with our team everyday!
    Stay busy with more productive things and limit my computer time. In other words get off the couch!
    Will go back to working out 3 days a week and concentrate on upper body. I broke my ankle 4 weeks ago and I’m in the boot and can’t drive until March.

Figure out how to find my group and post!

I want this to be the last year I’m dealing with losing weight.

Wishing everyone the best on your journey this year!!!!!!

Rhonda

• trebled_egg
    trebled_egg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A negative thing I'm removing from my life: time-wasters. I've set limits on how much time I spend scrolling Facebook and playing mindless video games. I've already been so much more productive these first two days!

My top goals for 2023 are:
    1) lose 40 lbs
    2) graduate from school
    3) get my parents' affairs in order

decree #8: I'm going to create photo albums to honor my recently deceased father and cat.
    decree #12: A healthy food I'm going to start eating - healthy soups. My dietician has sent me a bunch of recipes, and I'm going to make a point of trying at least one.

Happy New Year everyone!
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Name top three goals for the year.

Thought would be
    1. Eat Healthy
    2. Lose this last 40 pounds
    3. Save money to move
  • GwenS23
    GwenS23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    One of my main goals is to simply concentrate on losing 10 lbs at a time. My focus is always on the big number and I'm breaking it down and feeling good. Looking forward to this new year and posting. :)
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I’m catching up on responses —

1. Thinking back a year to Dec, 2021 compared to where you are now on your journey, what is the biggest change? What are you most proud of?

The biggest change for me has been moving from the ‘goal zone’ of maintaining my weight loss between 120 and 130 pounds to the regular weekly check-in for accountability to my team.

I’m most proud of myself for sticking with the F2F group despite a challenging year. I’ve consistently logged my food and I’m building lifelong habits.

2. Write a note to your "end of 2022" self. What advice do you have to offer?

You’re becoming healthier by building habits that healthy people incorporate into their lives. A short-term diet doesn’t work so congratulations for abandoning a temporary mindset and focusing on foundational changes in your daily nutrition and macronutrient balance. You’re on the right path so keep moving, learning, and improving.

3. What would you change about 2022 if you could?

I would have recognized that a close family member was struggling before deep depression had set in so I could intervene earlier with support. I wish my cousin and my friends’ daughter didn’t die at such a young age. My great uncle also died but he had lived a long life with many strong connections to his community. I will continue to dedicate my time and effort to supporting positive social and emotional development of children and young adults so 2023 is brighter.
  • trebled_egg
    trebled_egg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    14. One new place I'm going to visit: my husband and I are talking about going to Spain in the fall. Another reason to lose weight this year - fitting comfortably in the seat on the plane!

16. One hobby I'm going to try: I'm taking an introduction to embroidery class starting next week! I'm excited to learn a new craft. I haven't felt much like knitting for the last several years.
  • wishfuljune
    Options
    A personal development goal I want to achieve in 2023 is to read 20 books. I used to read all the time and then it got away from me as work/life started to get busier. I’m looking forward to cozying up before bed with a good book or taking a book with me to the beach on a warm day.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Name your top three goals (big or small) for the next year.

1. Eat more vegetables at each meal.
    2. Connect with my family (sons, mother, siblings) and friends weekly.
    3. Meet a colleague or client in person once a month and get my website up and running.
  • alleykat69
    Options
    What are three action words for 2023?
    1. write
    2. Eat
    3. walk

1. write in my journal everyday no mater what. It doesn't take long to write daily thoughts.
    2. Eat healthy meals at every meal. I'm making better food choices for this year.
    3. Get out and walk if I can't due to the weather than I will use the eliptical. It's all about moving the body.
  • wishfuljune
    Options
    One thing I am going to save for and purchase:

That’s a tough one; we’re currently saving and looking to buy a home, so if we accomplish that early this year, it will probably be to save for any improvements we want to make into the home.

For personal saving, I want save to buy a pair of the No Bull gym trainers.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    It looks like everyone is starting the year off well 👏

12. In 2023, I will tone my wobbly bits 😄 and improve my positivity.
    13. In January 2024, I will have reduced my weight and will feel better about myself.
  • Running4Bipolar
    Running4Bipolar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have big goals for myself for 2023, but if I don’t complete them all that is okay too. I want to run a least one half marathon. I’d like to run 4 races. My year has started off a bit slow though, as I am still suffering from shin splints since October. I also fell and hit my head on the ice a few days before Christmas. So dealing with a few neck issues there. But I am determined to keep going forward.

I also wanted to enter One-der-land. I have been over 200lbs for awhile, and have only been under 200lbs a couple times these past few years. It be nice to lose and maintain.

I want to strengthen my body, but also listen to it when I feel injured.

I want also be more intune with my eating and nutrition.

Thanks it for me.
  • alleykat69
    Options
    What's one negative thing you can remove from your life?

I CAN remove negative thinking from my life this year. This is on my goal list for this year. Sometimes I can start thinking negative things which will make me second guess myself. This is I'm working on improving myself, not just in losing weight. Mind and body improvement.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    My first step in the new year was rejoining my winter conditioning group after a short break for the holidays. Our rowing group uses the high school boat house so we couldn’t exercise while the schools were closed. We entered an in-door rowing machine challenge with other members of our boathouse, so I’ve been logging meters on the erg each day. Our team is in first place right now but the challenge doesn’t finish until January 31, 2023 so I hope we can finish as strong as we started!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    1.Biggest Change in 2022: Rich moving in.
    2.Advice to my 2022 self: Quit Worrying! Anticipation of something bad is worse than when the bad thing actually happens. You don't need a contingency plan for everything.
    3.What I would change about 2022 if I could: (limiting this to only things that I actually COULD have changed at the time) I would be more careful on ice & snow in the dark. I slipped and fell on ice in 2022 and broke my wrist, which set me back greatly.
    4.How does my answer to #2 affect my planning for 2023? I will be more in the moment, more mindful.
    5.Top 3 Goals: Fitness, Declutter/Organize, Learn
    6.First Step: reestablish morning workout routine/habit'
    7.How can my team support me? Challenge me to Try New Things!
    8.3 Action Words: Think. Write. Act.
    9. Negative thing I can remove from my life: Worry
    10. How will I better support my teammates: stay active on the chat
    11. Support Buddy? Not for me
    12. In 2023, I will "Take Control" (food, clutter, time)
    13. Jan 2024 will see a fit version of me with an organized home, 12 courses finished, and homemade gifts given at Christmas

1. One habit I'm going to build: Morning Workout
    2. One habit I'm going to break: Eating at my desk
    3. One person I'm going to forgive: Myself
    4. One person I'm going to befriend or reconnect with: Carola
    5. One toxic tie I need to break: don't have one
    6. One person I'm going to spend more time with: Sara
    7. One way I'm going to strengthen my personal relationships: Listen better
    8. One thing I'm going to create: There's an afghan I'm working on right now
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My 3 action words for 2023 are;
    MOVE
    STRENGTH
    ENJOY
    I want to move more & improve my balance
    I want to build muscle and tone through strength training & eating more protein.
    I want to do more things that give me joy.Like dancing,listening to a live orchestra,visit the theatre & cinema more.Meeting up with family & friends.
    The one negative thing I can remove from my life ;
    Negative thoughts & worries about things that are not that important.eg not to focus on the scales & enjoy being healthy & active & other NSVs
    One person I'm going to spend time with MYSELF

• wishfuljune
    Options
    One class I am going to take, or workshop to attend: There is a yoga class at the studio I attend called “Yoga Sculpt” that has honestly intimidated me, but I’m going to challenge myself to take one of those classes this year!
This discussion has been closed.