shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,153 Member
Good morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,153 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Bob, take care of yourself! I pray that the eye pressure and that the prostrate both are fine.

Bill, I am glad that you have a date set up for your knee. I hope that you will have great mobility when that is completed. Does this set back when you get to move to Oregon?

Connie and I had a great time at group dance class last night. We learned the basics of the bachata in addition to more practice on the waltz, rumba, and hustle. We didn't get home until almost 10:00 last night. That seems very late, but when you get up at 4:30, I guess that it IS late.

I am super glad that today is Friday. This has been a very long week.

Have a great day!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,711 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

Keep us posted, Bob. Remember, you are unbreakable.
    How's the back, Dave?
    So Sam, your financial guy hasn't done what you requested? And your new doc tried to fix what wasn't broke?
    Steve, I am a bit jealous, and overjoyed at the same time, that you and Connie are enjoying your dance lessons so much.

Be OP ;-)
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Mornin' men.

Bob, hope that eye thing is okay. Good you got checked!

Steve, thanks for the virtual hug. Such a tragedy, but sometimes these things can bring people closer together, and some good may come as well...

I drove to DD's house to drop off some potted flowers and a box of Pączki (jelly donuts) for the kids, who have lost their other grandfather, but only their teenage son was home--everyone else was in Florida for the funeral. Heard later that Rosie the Bernese Mtn dog ate the whole box of donuts...

Bill, careful with the chainsaw, don't want to give knee replacement a headstart.

Snow was forecast but freezing rain instead. Ughhh.

Have a good day.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,974 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

I am really enjoying my coffee, this morning. Sometimes it just seems more welcome.

My back felt OK, yesterday. I spent some time in the shop and took Sassy for a nice walk. I hope to do the same, today. This evening, I take off for a weekend retreat for church elders and deacons. I never look forward to anything that takes me away from my own bed. I especially don't look forward to a retreat center with four guys in a room and bunk beds. My barracks days are a long way in my past.

• LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,674 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Memorial service this morning for friend who went with mechanical heart for five years, November he got a heart transplant and said he was feeling better than he had in ten years; they said his news heart gave out.
    Dave, glad back is better but suggest you complete physical therapy, enjoy retreat.
    I've tracked five days in a row, something I haven't done in many years.
    Bob, pray numbers are better for next test
    Financial guy is supposed to put plan together and call this afternoon.
  • myallforjc
    myallforjc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Physical therapy is a tough road if you don't believe it is helping or you don't trust your therapist. But a good one can accomplish much.

Steve, the knee thing is pushing everything back 3 months including Heather's retirement. Lots of additional appointments were scheduled yesterday and one more to go I am told. I started my pre-procedure home exercises based on on the PT videos I have been watching. 3 times a day. At least I was warned in the videos that these range of motion and strengthening exercises would aggravate the arthritis in the knee. It burns but is manageable and responds to rest and ice. But I am tired of hearing about how much pain I am in for. Today, I continue to work on being more active and productive. Yesterday I rolled and tied up the rugs and cleaned the floors the best I could. I took my walker on a stroll to the local market for a couple things. Today I have the car and am off to IKEA to fix a few problems in our kitchen design to nail that down and will stop at Whole Foods for vegan marshmallows for a preschool project. I am frankly enjoying being mobile again.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,106 Member
    Options
    PT guys come and go. some are great some not so much. Ultimately we need to listen to our own bodies in my view.

Really glad Steve had a good time dancing.

Thanks for the good thoughts guys. At least in the short term the eye drops seem to be keeping the pressure in the eye under control. Won't bore you with all the technical word mincing and dx possibilities. Some of you might know (if you have glaucoma or close to someone who has it.) that the control of fluid in the eye often involves the interplay between the front part of the eye in front of the lens to the back of the eye and the retina .In the angle there is a meshwork of tissue that helps to regulate the flow back and forth (trabecular meshwork) mine looks a bit "wonky". I am glad I went in to see the doc as my pressure was so high that in some folks vision could be lost in as little as 24-48 hours although it's quite variable. OK OK maybe I did bore ya?

Also the bright ophthalmologist noted some unusual patch on the corneal which she wants to rule out a very rare pathology. Lucky me.

Hey I am doing ok and love your kind words.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,974 Member
    Options
    You didn’t bore me, Bob. I have had glaucoma for 38 years. I lost about 25 percent of my field of view in both eyes, before surgery corrected my pressures. That led to early cataracts, so I had that surgery too. I am the most empathetic guy you know when it comes to eye issues. The positive thing is that they have become pretty good at treating glaucoma as long as it is detected early.