LeonardRing Posts: 4,674 Member
Rise & Shine
Handle 3 S's and get moving

Replies

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,974 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Looks like we're sleeping in, this morning - or real busy.

Rita's exam went well yesterday: "We'll see you in 10 years."

We have some grocery shopping to do today. Then I have one last cherry log to break down. Choir, tonight.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,106 Member
    Options
    Hey Bill good luck with your knee surgery. Nice that you had a class.
    Glad Dave that Rita's exam went well.
    I have two more extensive eye appointments coming up. A complete dilated exam tomorrow and a total field test on Tue.

I do twice daily drops for now and thinking I likely have glaucoma in my left eye. We'll see what the break down is.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,974 Member
    Options
    I keep talking about rough turning that trunk-load of cherry I got a few weeks ago. I was cleaning up the shop, this morning, and, having rediscovered the top of my workbench, I decided to display the wet bowls I have produced. Of the 14 bowls, one is from an end-grain cutoff. I turned it thin, just to see what happens as it dries. It will be at least eight or nine months before any of these are ready to finish. There is one log left to go.

ter4kg4xchuk.jpeg
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Late check in today.

Declutter or perish is my motto now.

Stayed after beginners piano today and worked on a clunking note everyone complains about. Loosened the strings, agitated the wrapped wire coils, and twisted the end to tighten coils. Still clunks. Next will try hardening the felt hammer with diluted shellac. Might try cleaning the iron-wound string with rust remover next.

DGS Basketball game this afternoon.

Glad to hear Rita’s good results.
  • myallforjc
    myallforjc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon

I am happy to hear Rita's results! Thanks for sharing the photos of the initial turning of the bowls.

I was up at 2:30 due to my back. Not sure why. Rested in the recliner but no sleep. Did MP at 8:00 and was out the door to get pre-op blood draw. I came home, picked up Heather, and took her to work early before I headed over to the hospital for an EKG. It took 15 minutes to find a parking spot in the far corner of the campus. A long walk with the walker back to the other side. I was hurting by the time I got there. Afterward, I stopped at one of their cafeterias and had lunch while I rested for 30 minutes and started the journey back. Never again. We head out for Oregon tonight after Heather gets off work. I will pick her up and we will go halfway and stop in Eureka and arrive in Florence mid-afternoon. Hopefully, we will be seeing some houses on Saturday with our realtor. We are both tired so we will be switching off the driving quite a bit.