Options
mikehikemike
mikehikemike Posts: 3,476 Member
Up an' at 'em, men.

Replies

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Sleepy day yesterday... cat naps, catching up on late nights and early mornings. MIssed checking in here altogether.

Lee, a good hotel would provide a dog as room service for those who want one, IMO.

Told piano teacher he's giving me too many pieces to learn at once. I may drop his chord class as well, but I might be able to just show up there for the theory and not do any practicing in between. He's been handing out free fake books (songs with chords) with dozens and even hundreds of popular tunes, cleaning out his clutter.

Going to DD Alison's tomorrow for dinner, an hour away, haven't been there since last summer--to see her 2 dogs, a rabbit and 3 kids. (DSIL will be at Superbowl--his company provides free tickets.) Sunday at DS's for the game.

Time to start the coffee. Always have to wait a half hour in the morning for GERD meds to kick in.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,153 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I missed a day in there.

I am holding you guys in prayer for your various health issues. Getting old ain't for sissies.

I am working my way through year-end at work. I see a finish line. The bigger problem is that my job burnout has reached a more serious level. I am not sure what the answer there is. I'm too old to change jobs, and I am too young to retire. I have a company president who is so passive that he won't make the needed personnel changes, and the rapid decline of the 100+ year old business is sucking my soul. My counselor and our outside CPA are helping me work through some of my larger work concerns.

We had a surprise 4 inches of snow yesterday. It was all melted by evening rush hour, but the drive in to work was a real mess.

Have a great day!

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,711 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

Living large at the Tropicana Atlantic City. Our practice won the Finance award last night. Huh, must be doing something right.
    Steve, are you afraid that the company will go into bankruptcy? I could have sworn I remember you saying your company was going gangbusters a couple of years ago. You certainly have your finger on the pulse of the patient as the company accountant, so you see it in black and white. The cold, hard facts don't lie.
    Sounds like you piano instructor is pushing you past your comfort level, Mike.
    Any report on Rita's MRI?

Be OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,974 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

I actually couldn't remember what day of the week it is. Now THAT is retirement.

Hope you can work through to a comfortable glide path, Steve.

No word on the CT Scan Rita had. If she doesn't get a call Monday, we'll start chasing people down.

Pocket door between kitchen and dining room came off its track yesterday. Fixing that is on the agenda for today.

Yesterday, I finished a bowl from a piece of mystery wood. This stuff is hard, with some really hard, but solid, knots in it. It could be just about anything, since it came from an urban area, with an endless variety of decorative plantings. I'll gift the bowl to DDIL's sister, who gave me the wood.
  • myallforjc
    myallforjc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Steve, I am sorry to hear the company isn't doing well. I thought business ramped up during Covid. I hope you find a path forward for you.

I have a follow-up with the Pain Drs office on the epidural which has done good things. I have been good about not letting the knee cause me to do stupid things with my back. I have to go into the Orthopedic's office since I still don't have my pain meds prescription like they remind me to make sure I have by now and I need to pick up the ice machine which I asked for by VM on Tuesday along with a reminder on the prescriptions. Since then the VM system for my Dr isn't working. Otherwise, I will buy a bunch of large gel ice packs and will have to make do with my Tramadol. Thankfully I have quite a bit left. It is a large practice that is overly automated.