Hi age 65 trying to lose 25 lbs

Options
Hi all,
I’m looking for buddies to help keep me accountable. Goal is 25 lbs by summer. Anyone interested?

Replies

• gsteere616
    gsteere616 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello WC, I'll be one of your buddies. Goal of 25 lbs by summer sounds great. 1.5 lbs per week. Gen
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'll be 65 this summer. I'll join you in a challenge to loose 25 pounds by June 16th? 🙃 Last year I lost 40 pounds. I need to drop 30 more. Right now I'm at a plateau so I'm committing to 2500 steps each day, 30 minutes of exercise and 30 minutes walking the dog.

What's your plan?
  • RameyWife
    RameyWife Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will be 62 soon, just remarried, retired and moved to a new state. So many changes in a short time. Would love to have a few fitness pals for encouragement and motivation. Weight loss goal of 50 pounds do not have a time frame. Mel
  • barbwood05
    barbwood05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just turned 60 and I'd love some accountability friends to share the journey. I'm too late to join the summer challenge, but would still like to be in the group.
  • teardropterry
    teardropterry Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 64- also have goal to drop 30. May not happen by summer but need support and push!
  • teardropterry
    Options
    March goals- adjust calories down 300 from 1990- measure and track food daily, keep macros balanced and weight train 4 times a week and walk everyday- 7000 steps
  • lindardh38
    lindardh38 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I will be in your challenge but I don’t think I will make 25 pounds by June! I was 20 pounds from my goal last fall then left home to help my daughter with her toddler while she was on bedrest with a difficult pregnancy. I gained 30 back. All because I never weighed myself. I started back on MFP two days ago. Feeling very down on myself! Linda
  • teardropterry
    Options
    Yes! I am 64 and have a goal of 30 lbs off by July 30th. Although I should lose more, I thought this is possible if I track and eat intentionally.

How do we become buddies?
    Teardrop
  • teardropterry
    Options
    You can do it! This is the perfect time of year- beautiful outside and just begging us to get outside and walk. I have found water intake and moving has helped me drop 3 pounds since last week. I am drinking 80 ounces a day now-
  • teardropterry
    Options
    I must add I decreased my calorie intake from 1990 to 1700 a day. Keeping protein, carbs and fat 40/30/30