Options
mikehikemike
mikehikemike Posts: 3,476 Member
Good morning gents...

Replies

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Blowing a snowy gale outside this morning. May get a foot of accumulations, they say.

Took a nice walk yesterday morning on a snowy but sunny bike trail through the woods. Heard woodpeckers and red-wing blackbirds--spring must be near. Haven't been very regular in walking/hiking, not as much as I should, and today I may just hole up inside, with the way the weather looks right now.

I also need to clean up my eating choices; I bought some of those steamin' vege bags this week--one or two servings, microwave and eat. It's hard to want to cook for just one person. I used to make WW recipes in batches and freeze them, should try to get back into that.

Time for coffee... looks like Siberia out my window.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,153 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

We are supposed to have nice and warm temps this weekend, but return of winter and snow/rain next week.

I feel just beat up after work this week. We'll see how much gets done around the manse this weekend.

Have a great day!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,711 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

Love your work bench, Dave. I think you did a really nice job with the drawers.
    About an inch and a half of icy snow here, and windy. Temp is hovering around 32 degrees. Probably won't get much more.
    Yeah, I presumed that Steve had a good handle on his medical stuff for him and Connie. He is definitely the guy I would call if I had any questions.
    Looks like if all the permits go through and our house is passes structural requirements, we are going solar. It should help us sell it when the time comes, not to mention help us save on electricity.
    DW started using a heating pad in the office chair that we share when she was having her sciatic nerve pain (which seems to have completely resolved), and we have left it there because it just feels nice. I am currently enjoying having my seat warmed.
    The swelling and pain of your new knee sounds like it is calming down, Bill.

Be OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,974 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

No seat warmer, here, but a 60 lb. lap warmer is keeping me toasty this morning - sitting in my old recliner with laptop balanced on the arm.

It's cold rain out here. 36-degree rain is about as miserable as it gets. I did hear a bald eagle yesterday. so perhaps our spring isn't far off, either.
  • myallforjc
    myallforjc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

I too am admiring the upgrade on the workbench.

Cool drizzly day here. I am not going anywhere so it doesn't really matter what is happening out there. Heather's twin sister is in town so they could attend a scrapbook/craft expo together at the fairgrounds. Heather had her stay at a local hotel instead of here like she usually does which was surprising. I assume it is because Heather is too tired from working and taking care of me to clean up the spare room which is also her craft room. But we convinced her that I would be OK with my son in charge so she is spending the weekend at the hotel as well as a much needed Sister Retreat. She is coming home Sunday night. In the meantime. another exciting day of ice, rest, and exercise, and then repeat. Random short naps are interspersed. I am more than a little bored. If I can get the swelling more under control I will be able to do some more. But I am starting to be able to read more and hope to get some studying done today if I can stay alert enough.