Hump Day Cuppa Joe: 3.8.23

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz (Snoopy)

Replies

• DocSkippy
    edited March 2023
    Options
    G'Morning!

Happy Birthday, SGM!

I hurt in places I didn't know were possible. Full day of packing and the house looks like a bomb went off. Today movers pickup the boxes and furniture and will leave beds and a single couch through the weekend and DF visit.

New owner sent a dozen gourmet cookies to us yesterday with a note of appreciation for all the work we are doing to close so quickly. YUMMY!

4vg64ayvfpix.jpeg

Killing me we are moving to a Marriott property (vs. Hilton) - alas, got Amex to issue me a Bonvoy card to at least get some points out of this 70 night excursion in hotel. It felt skeezy to use my AMEX Hilton card to pay for Marriott stay Haaa.

Cheers for another long day!

• kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how long you’d be staying at a hotel? So, in 70 days give or take, I’m guessing about the same time your glasses finally show up, you’ll be in your new house? Does this hotel have a kitchen or is eating out all that time?

Still under construction and it’s driving me mad.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,695 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Nice burn, Kelly. LOL.
    70 days in a hotel sounds expensive. I bet those cookies are too.
    Got news yesterday that an old friend and navy veteran took his life this past weekend. His sister says he was battling depression and anxiety. Hadn't seen or talked to him in a few months. He lost his dad a couple of years ago from cancer, and they were very close. Funeral this weekend.

BBB OP
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    Doc - sorry to hear. Hand salute for your Navy pal.

Full suite (w/ kitchen). Glasses just raise my BP. STUPID it's been since October!

Can't wait to see new flooring! We are doing all LVP (no more carpets).

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Popping in to say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" David 🎉
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,660 Member
    Options
    Happy Humping,
    Happy Birthday Dave
    Off to yoga
    Sorry about friend Lee
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Sorry about you friend Lee.

Happy birthday Dave.

We are meeting a group for a hike then a traditional Mexican lunch.

Your move sound exhausting but will be worth it.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,563 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Happy birthday, Dave!

I totally would have used my Hilton card at a Marriott, Skip. Flex where you can.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Happy Birthday Dave.
    • Who was that lady from FL who popped in?
    • Sorry for your friend and his family Lee. Severe depression is hard to understand.
    • That was quite a zinger Kelly. Maybe Skip should follow Lou's advice and visit Costco.
    • Annual Homeowner Association meeting today with the developer. Or as I call it, the Day of Vague Answers.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,959 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Thank you all.

Very sorry about your friend, Lee.

No special plans for today. I have a committee meeting at church, tonight. I plan to have the family over on Sunday, when I will crank up the smoker for a rack of ribs. Rita is making me oatmeal muffins for breakfast, though (using my mom's old recipe).
  • kgmoody
    Options
    Sorry about your friend Lee.

Yep. Good zinger I do have to admit.
  • kgmoody
    Options
    Happy birthday DAVE!!!!
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,603 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Dave! Enjoy your muffins

So sorry Lee, sad.

Hi Raine!!

HOA mtg with no answers sounds painful, Dennis.

Enjoy your plans Steph!

Hair cut and then onto teeth cleaning for me at 3:30p and 4:30p. Didn't realize til now I scheduled on same day. Oh well getter done!

Be well BBB