Introductions

Options
LazyBlondeChef
LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
Welcome to the April 2023 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month.

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and stay true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. We look forward to getting to know you a little better.

WE GOT THIS!!

Replies

• jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new members and the ones returning. My name is Jill. I’m 58, I live in southern Montana. I’m married, have 3 adult sons (2 are stepsons). I have 6 grandchildren. 3 girls and 3 boys. They are my motivation to work on my health and wellbeing. I work full time for a government agency. In the summer I enjoy camping in the mountains.
    I want to lose 10 more pounds. I used Noom in 2019 to lose over 70 pounds. I’ve been using MFP for over a year along with the help of a dietician. I’m now trying intermittent fasting.
    Have a great April.
  • shann55437
    shann55437 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    tomorrow is the big day! everyone prepping?! i know i have a lot of work to do! looking forward to everyone's progress! <3
  • StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Boy - me too! I am new to this one so trying to make sure I have all my ducks in a row. I need to get my game face on and JUST DO IT!!
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    @StrongerJan and @shann55437 Welcome to the UAC! So excited to see your enthusiasm and fresh faces to our group. And you too, @Yukizz Thanks for coming along on the journey.

I’m a volunteer director by day and fitness instructor once a week/as needed at night. I’m a married mom of 2 elementary aged boys. And been apart of this community for over a year now.

You can be a “champion” show up everyday even if you’re beyond your pass days or a “winner” when you can answer yes to the 3 UAC question without going past your three pass days (3 yes at least 27 times in April)

I see this group as supportive. An awesome refocusing tool on what matters most. Last month, I didn’t make champion status, but I like to participate by volunteering to stay connected even when I have an “off” month/don’t check all the UAC boxes.

So don’t allow shame to creep in. You’re either winning or you’re learning. And if you stick around you’re guaranteed to do just that.

Be encouraged and best of luck to everyone this April!

• LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    fun ideers for2morrow

e977087gesz3.jpg

r752jwm2wwwj.jpg

• StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    that is just mean!!! :D LOL
  • DEMFEM
    DEMFEM Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm new here this month. I'm 43 and gained a lot of weight after surgery 2 years ago. My goal was to lose 50 pounds and get back to my pre-surgery weight. I'm about half way there right now.
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Welcome to UAC, new members. Always exciting to see the stories of those joining us. I am 59 years old, married, living in a rural part of Kanas. I have participated in the UAC since October of 2021, as I was in the process of retiring. I lost a good amount of weight in 2021 and 2022. This year I am shooting for maintenance until after my parathryroid surgery April 13th and some time to heal. I would like to then continue to my goal of having my waist size be half my height or less.

I signed up this month automatically and then realized that tracking and even posting probably will not happen on our long drive to Phoenix and back. To be a Champion during travel, do I need to keep up with posting each day or just resume posting after the 15th or so when I get back home?
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people! So happy to have new energy!
    I'm Caroline. I have been a member of UAC since August 2021. This group is fantastic!

I am 42 years old - turning 43 this month. I live in the Northeast with my wife and 2 kids, ages 11 and 7. I work in the environmental field.

I was a skinny kid, then gained a fair bit of weight in college and just after. I went on weight watchers and lost it, then kept it off without too much trouble until I got pregnant at age 31. I gained a lot of weight when pregnant, and didn't seriously work on losing it until my youngest was 3, in 2019. In 2019 I started working on weight loss and lost about 25 pounds. I wanted to lose more and joined MFP and then UAC to try to do that. I did for a bit, but for the last year and half things have been much more difficult and in spite of my best efforts I have been gaining rather than losing. But I'm still here and still trying, because when I give up the weight gain is dramatic!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,951 Member
    Options
    April Showers bring May Flowers...but I'm pretty sure we are going to see some more snow as we didn't get much when it was due!
    I have been a member of the UAC, since October. I have been on MFP for quite some time.

My Stats
    62 y/o female
    OSW 2022-03 230.3
    1SW 2023-01 221.8
    3SW 2023-03 218.5
    CW 2023-04 221.7 - March was not so kind...and then there was vacation!

I've been on the weight loss rollercoaster for years. You name it, I've probably tried it. I do believe that most plans will work, as long as you do it. So I have to find something that I can comfortably live with. I was doing CICO staying between 1200 and 1400 calories per day, while making good food choices. The scale wasn't moving and clothes didn't feel any looser (possibly tighter) and I had to take another look. "Making good food choices" was the key. I was staying with my range but the choices were not the best from a nutritional stand point. So it was time to make a change.

I went searching for a different focus. I considered just an overhaul and doing something like Nutrisystem (until I saw the price tag). I considered keto again...but just didn't feel it. A long time ago, I attempted the Mayo Clinic Diet (MCD). I still have the book and the journal. I should say something other than attempted, as I didn't get past day 2 in the journal. I pulled the book out again and started to read, then I looked at my journal, and it's obvious why I didn't get past day 2. I had not embraced the plan and find it funny that I even recorded it.

I was good on MCD for the first two weeks of March, then got excited about my vacation. Now it's time to focus and stay the course!

UAC Progress
    October - 8 pass days used - Champion
    November - 16 pass days used - Champion (hurt my foot)
    December - I fell off the charts🙂
    January - 7 pass days used - Champion
    February - 7 pass days used - Champion
    March - 11 pass days used (vacation) - Champion
    /spoiler]
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Hi UAC'ers - new and returning!

I'm Marisa and I've been with UAC since November of 2021. In September of 2021, I re-engaged with MFP and finally decided to focus on losing weight and getting healthy. After the birth of my first child 30 years ago, I seemed to slowly and steadily climb weight-wise even though I was exercising with some regularity. I had lost a significant amount of weight a couple of times (around 20-25 pounds), but never got to my goal weight (pre-baby) or sustained it for all that long.

I turned 60 years old when I joined UAC and have since lost the 40 pounds I needed to to get into my goal weight range of 130-135 (I'm 5 foot 7 inches tall) and have been in maintenance since April 2022. I have more UAC pass days than I would like, but the fundamentals of UAC keep me focused on maintaining my health day in and day out.

The UAC community has also been the group of folks that I most look forwarded to engaging with every day and learning so much from with each and every daily post.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Sloan. I am still new to UAC with last month being my first. I'm 56 years old and have two kids, one in college and one who graduated last year and lives in a different state now. My husband has been the same weight since I met him 30 years ago, so he doesn't understand any of our issues:)

Happy to be here!