Thursday Cuppa Joe: 4.13.23

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz (Snoopy)

Replies

• DocSkippy
    Options
    Up early to walk and feed the #MotherTucker and race down the beltway to office before traffic becomes erratic!

Meeting contractor at house today at 3p to discuss barn doors and bar build out.

Tomorrow meeting Blinds/Shutter installer for measurements and (likely) contract order.

Found an installer for rear fence that was nearly $600 cheaper than 2 other quotes. Will be glad when this is over with.

Easy day tomorrow and dinner at favorite restaurant tomorrow (Seasons 52) where Sammy the bartender always pours me liberal pours of Caymus Cabernet!

Cheers
    Skipper
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKIP!!
  • DocSkippy
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Thank you! It's cake and beer day! 🍺🍺
    5737tq30dr50.gif
  • raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Skip!!
    f6sfna96lyj4.jpg
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,660 Member
    Options
    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Skip ! ! !

Emmaus this morning, sprinkling as I came home.
    Enjoyed ride and lunch yesterday.
    Looks as sun is trying to peek out now, heavy rain expected around noon.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Skip.

Forgot to check in yesterday. Got up befor 7 to walk Teddy then met up with the neighborhood hiking group. They have keys to a gate so got to hike a new tour area. Steep but not long hike.

Rained a few drops yesterday,first since we have been here.

Housekeeper comes today so need to get going. I prefer to unload the dishwasher and a few other small things so she spends her 4 hours doing the hard stuff. I will miss weekly housekeeping when we leave Mexico.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Happy Birthday Skip. I see that is not a Bud Light popping out of your cake.
    • How about an updated picture of the new house while you are out there.
    • Speaking of pictures, that looks like a really nice place and area you are staying at Steph.
    • Good ride yesterday but the pollen got to me. Nasty headache last night. Feeling much better this mornng.
    • I am sure you will be glad to have the house finished Kelly.
    • Good to see Raine and Larry pop in.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,563 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Happy birthday, Skip!
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,603 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Skip! Good news on house closing! Sorry we don't allow fences lol ;) or pools I'm told.

I'm holding a nice $157k PO. Should cost us $90k if our subs come through as they say. I need a Bonus!

Tonight, We pack up the truck for the big glamper pull out of storage and set up this weekend! All snow is gone. We are now into severe fire danger warning across state.

This house just listed directly across the street from our lake lot driveway. Wowza. Overpriced. We should have a market analysis done on our place.

https://www.redfin.com/WI/Nekoosa/355-Leeds-Ct-54457/home/57519993