Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

FitBit Changes are coming...

Did y'all see this? Fitbit is removing challenges and open groups. :(
https://www.yahoo.com/now/fitbit-removing-open-groups-adventures-challenges-app-140024841.html

Replies

• judyswitzer65
    judyswitzer65 Posts: 2 Member
    Well, that's not good. The challenges and adventures are helpful to me. 🙁
  • meb2490
    meb2490 Posts: 290 Member
    I certainly did see it and haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I'm in daily workweek hustles and weekend warrior challenges. I also love playing Bingo. These challenges really motivated me. I guess I'll be strapping on my good old Timex soon. I'm very sad about this.
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    I am SOOOO disappointed in this decision. I have been in challenges and adventures with a consistent group of people for the last 8 years. These challenges were big motivators for me as I enjoyed the community. This is one of the reasons I came back to MFP, for community.
  • mountainlady2021
    mountainlady2021 Posts: 2 Member
    i wonder how to keep it up without challenges and open groups in fitbit. I miss them already. I've joined a few smaller groups tere now, but seems like its less activities there too now without the challenges
  • avyferg
    avyferg Posts: 1 Member
    I am irked. I'm literally the only person I know who used groups. I can't start a closed group if I don't know anyone to add. I was lucky enough to have friends who were into doing the challenges. I'm blaming Google. That was literally my favorite feature. Do they still have the suggestions forum?
  • xOrannax
    xOrannax Posts: 6 Member
    I was wondering why I couldn't find it when I came back to Fitbit. I enjoyed the social aspect and it seems a lot more social than here unfortunately
  • Kateljm
    Kateljm Posts: 1,880 Member
    Those challenges and Bingo were Fun! Google's cost-cutting is likely to sink the Fitbit business. And they also reduced the benefits of a Premium membership as of 9/13/23! Google wants to sell the Pixel watch, that's what matters to them. The only advantage left to me from my Versa 4 is the online dashboard, where I can review my workouts and find my data to post in the 5% Challenges on MFP. But before my Premium trial ends in January, I will cancel the auto-renewal subscription, as it is not worth it without the Fun.
  • simplitherese
    simplitherese Posts: 15 Member
    At this point we are paying the same price for way less and the new interface sucks!!!!
  • Jima102250
    Jima102250 Posts: 16 Member
    Greedy google is the reason trying to run everyone to the pixel and away from fitbit.