Is this still an active group?

Options
kathyt08069
kathyt08069 Posts: 39 Member
I just ended cancer treatment and need some encouragement.

Replies

• emilycb5352
    emilycb5352 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was wondering that as well! At least we know we have two people :)
  • kathyt08069
    kathyt08069 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily, I'm looking for someone to help me get through this journey. I gained 10 pounds since my chemo and radiation and need help. Are you up to this? I will soon start maintenance drugs which may cause more weight gain.
  • emilycb5352
    emilycb5352 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathy! I would love a buddy to help me regain a healthy relationship to food and lose some weight post treatment. I finished all of my treatments (chemo, radiation, surgery) about a year ago and I have put on about 25 pounds. I also developed lymphedema in my arm so I really want to figure out how food impacts the fluid in my arm.

How are you doing so far? What has been working and what hasn’t? How are you finding life post cancer?

I have been using MyFitnessPal on and off since May. In the middle of September I started to focus on tracking everything that I eat but not really worrying about tracking everything exactly. This has helped me get in the habit of tracking without the stress of having to measure everything.

Along with food tracking I have also been going to two exercise classes per week. This is something I used to do with my friends before I was diagnosed so I am really happy to be back! I have also been riding my bike to work since May. I am hoping to ride until the end of October if the weather cooperates :)
  • roselynkeen
    roselynkeen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey I finished my radiation November 2022 and am looking for inspiration to lose 10-15kgs I have used the free version since 2015 but have now just joined premium. I am trying to navigate everything but my brain is a bit everywhere not able to focus. So would also love to know if there is anyone active on here :) As would love some buddies <3
  • lisamanes87
    lisamanes87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, just joined this group. I am in the middle of my treatment for colorectal cancer. I just finished 8 rounds of chemo. I am getting ready to begin radiation/oral chemo for 6 weeks. Then I will have 2 surgeries starting in October. I have lost my sense of taste. I really only taste salty, sweet and sour. I have gain10-15 lbs. since this all started. I have lost muscle. So I am looking for friends that will support me as I continue this journey to wellness again. I will be there to support you. My goal is to move back to a healthier diet with a focus on getting enough protein and lots of fruit and veggies. I have a break before radiation starts, so I will be going to the gym to begin regaining the muscle I have lost.