Options
manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,711 Member
Mornin' gents.

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,711 Member
    Options
    Licking my wounds from a brutal weekend judging dogs. Fun and rewarding, but exhausting, especially due to lack of sleep due to an uncomfortable couch.
    Love being outside all day. Lots of good people and good dogs. Not enough coffee and too much salty food. Missed my own bed and my sweet and salty DW.
    Mike, I too had to laugh at your adventures with dropping screws in the gravel. Been there many times with boat and truck.
    Bill, I guess I haven't been paying very good attention. I am confused about your home situation. You were planning on moving to Oregon at one time, but now you are renovating and staying put?
    Wee tomato plants had a few warm days and now it has cooled off but they are still looking strong.
    Back to work Monday.

Be OP ;-)

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,153 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Here it is a Monday morning, and my stomach is not in a knot thinking about going to work. I am more relaxed that I remember in a long time.

I did work hard this weekend and I got a lot of chores done. For months I have not done a lot with being in such a funk and exhaustion from work. I have catching up to do, but not all in one day or one weekend.

Why does it seem that as one project is being done about three more pop up? It is like whack a mole. That reminds me. I still need to go after the voles in our yard.

Have a great day!
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    G' Morning...

Spent yesterday checking off, organizing, and packing camping gear, cleaning mold off some of it. Forecast looks worse and worse. First 4 days it's 40's overnight, 50's days, and rain, and I'm staying in an open lean-to. Thinking of rescheduling for later in season, or at least following week when it should warm up and dry out. Then again, forecasts always are wrong I have found.

PT assessment today over in Leominster, for tennis elbow pain. And stopping by garage to look at shocks, car seems to bobble on bumpy roads.

Hoping to even shed a few #s being outdoors and moving more doing camping chores.

Have a good Monday.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,974 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Woke up with a real pain in my neck. Can't turn my head to the left. I hate when this happens. I took a bunch of Motrin and I'll wait it out.

Our weather has been about as perfect as it can get: highs in the 70s, lows in the 40s, sunny, slight breeze. Just great.

We're running around getting ready for DS birthday, tomorrow. He'll be 35. How the heck did that happen? We always buy him an annual Federal recreation pass that gets him into national parks and provides free trailhead parking in national forests. His family uses it a lot. Rita wants to get some fruit and other stuff to contribute to the party, too.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,674 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Cutting down trees when no use to doing that can cause some muscle tightness, hope neck is better soon.
    Lee, though you are younger than most of us; you are not as young as you use to be, how is DDIL progressing?
    Believe Bill is getting condo ready to list,
    Steve, I have learned everything at home does not have be done in one weekend.
    Hope Bob is doing good! with better test results!
  • myallforjc
    myallforjc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Dave, I hope your neck loosens quickly.

Lee, to clarify: We are moving to Oregon in a few months, God willing. Housing at this price range is very limited in our area. We have a top ranked school system. Young families tend to move over here to get their kids into the schools system, but can't afford to pay 1.8m or more for a single family home so a condo is what they look for. If it is basically move in ready and staged they sell fast. The two that listed sold within a week. Our kitchen cabinets are a disaster like the flooring. So the plan is to finish the kitchen, pack and put everything into a storage pod and move out into short term housing. The flooring will be redone everywhere and the place repainted. That takes a week, then it is staged and listed with an open house. Around that time we will head to some short term housing in Oregon, probably by Eugene, and look for a house in Florence. That is the rough plan.
  • myallforjc
    myallforjc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    xqaityh3ai7r.jpg
    jcnasqpcfpjq.jpg

Before and After to date. Old kitchen drawers didn't always close right, and the cabinet doors had many issues. Cheap particle board that had been resurfaced with Melamine.