How are you reducing calories when nursing?

Options
MamaBear5445
MamaBear5445 Posts: 59 Member
Title says it all. I am hungrier than ever. I've been eating way more but thankfully have shed some lbs by just being active/nursing. Are any of you dieting or just exercising?

Replies

• ashtree42
    ashtree42 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I haven’t been doing either. My only goal was to eat some nutritious food, not just junk, and to get out for some walks. 5 months in and I finally feel able to work on getting healthier.

I’ve been slowly gaining back the weight I dropped. That needs to stop, but I’m hungry all the time while breastfeeding, eating so much more than I did during pregnancy. Now I’m a bit lost on how to pick a calorie goal. I’m thinking to just increase my activity level one level to account for the bf calories. I definitely don’t want to risk my supply, but I need to stop gaining.
  • aliannab0415
    aliannab0415 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Trying to stay away from eating out and eating too many processed sweets. Also I started moving not necessarily working out with an app called plus+1 specifically made for pregnant mamas or newly pp mamas
  • sarahpreen3334
    sarahpreen3334 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new here,I'm not doing anything in particular. In terms of exercise I literally just do school runs atm, for food I just need to eat better cos I've been living off junk and packets of biscuits. I'm hoping I will get a calorie deficit just from eating proper food.

My lo is 2months old BTW so not trying put too much pressure on my body, she was baby #6 so it needs time to recover.

Sarah x
  • Roxi69623
    Roxi69623 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My lo is 8 months and already transitioning to finger food so I want to get myself back into shape. I'm a bit lost in finding a good resource to figure out how many calories you're supposed to have while still keeping up with your milk supply. Thoughts?