FitBit Changes are coming...

Options
Did y'all see this? Fitbit is removing challenges and open groups. :(
https://www.yahoo.com/now/fitbit-removing-open-groups-adventures-challenges-app-140024841.html

Replies

• judyswitzer65
    judyswitzer65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well, that's not good. The challenges and adventures are helpful to me. 🙁
  • meb2490
    meb2490 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I certainly did see it and haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I'm in daily workweek hustles and weekend warrior challenges. I also love playing Bingo. These challenges really motivated me. I guess I'll be strapping on my good old Timex soon. I'm very sad about this.
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am SOOOO disappointed in this decision. I have been in challenges and adventures with a consistent group of people for the last 8 years. These challenges were big motivators for me as I enjoyed the community. This is one of the reasons I came back to MFP, for community.
  • mountainlady2021
    mountainlady2021 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i wonder how to keep it up without challenges and open groups in fitbit. I miss them already. I've joined a few smaller groups tere now, but seems like its less activities there too now without the challenges
  • avyferg
    avyferg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am irked. I'm literally the only person I know who used groups. I can't start a closed group if I don't know anyone to add. I was lucky enough to have friends who were into doing the challenges. I'm blaming Google. That was literally my favorite feature. Do they still have the suggestions forum?
  • xOrannax
    xOrannax Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was wondering why I couldn't find it when I came back to Fitbit. I enjoyed the social aspect and it seems a lot more social than here unfortunately
  • Kateljm
    Kateljm Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Those challenges and Bingo were Fun! Google's cost-cutting is likely to sink the Fitbit business. And they also reduced the benefits of a Premium membership as of 9/13/23! Google wants to sell the Pixel watch, that's what matters to them. The only advantage left to me from my Versa 4 is the online dashboard, where I can review my workouts and find my data to post in the 5% Challenges on MFP. But before my Premium trial ends in January, I will cancel the auto-renewal subscription, as it is not worth it without the Fun.
  • simplitherese
    simplitherese Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    At this point we are paying the same price for way less and the new interface sucks!!!!
  • Jima102250
    Jima102250 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Greedy google is the reason trying to run everyone to the pixel and away from fitbit.