Any Active Vegans Here?

Options
henridw2095
henridw2095 Posts: 996 Member
Just wondering if there are any vegans here who’re still logging food and interested in reactivating a vegan group. All the vegan or vegetarian groups I saw look inactive. I’m 45 Chicago-based with a near-vegan diet and getting serious about nutrition and exercise - I have 20-30 pounds to lose and plan to log daily. Diary is open to friends.

Replies

• MsVaniaV
    MsVaniaV Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’ve been using MFP on and off for years, but this is the first time I’ve dived into the community section! I decided to check it out now because I thought it would be cool to connect with some other vegans, but I was disappointed to see most groups haven’t been active in a while.

I’ve been using the app daily for about 6 weeks now as I’ve recently taken up strength training and I’m tracking my macros. How’s your journey been going?
  • henridw2095
    Options
    Happy to send you a friend’s request once the tool is fixed - I think this group is not active and might start a new one at some point…
  • VeganNana
    VeganNana Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm vegan and just started with MFP today. Great to meet you!
  • Mensch_1
    Mensch_1 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I'm also a vegan. I've been a vegetarian since childhood, mostly vegan for the past five years and fully vegan for the past three. Even though we have a large veggie garden with fruit trees (the fridge is full of figs, paw paws, apples and persimmons right now ...), and seasonally grow / forage (mushrooms, yum) a lot of fresh fruits and veggies ... becoming a vegan has not led to any weight loss. I thought that it would. It must be a combination of evening snacking and using oils. In any case, my birthday is this month and I'm back on the bandwagon. Ready to log foods, weigh myself in and shed the weight. I've done it successfully before (about seven years ago), so I can do it again. I just joined MFP.
  • henridw2095
    Options
    I started a new vegan/vegetarian group today and am hoping others will join! There seem to be a few relevant groups on MFP, but their leaders are no longer active, so there are very limited options in these groups! I called it "Herbivores of MFP".
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145477-herbivores-of-mfp
  • Cailia
    Cailia Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was part of the old groups on here, but they haven't been active in several years. I've been vegan for nearly a full decade. My Veganniversary is on October 18th. I've been on MFP for years, with breaks here and there. My MFP streak is currently at 994 days. I'm working on shedding some weight I gained since early 2020 and the pandemic lockdowns, but I use MFP for general tracking regardless.

Sorry that I don't have a lot more to say at the moment. Our beloved little dog of close to ten years passed away in my arms on Monday night following a sudden stroke with two grand mal seizures a short while apart. He had been by my side every day since December 2013 and was my closest companion next to my husband. He would have been 10 years old on the 8th of next month. I'm also having a lot of difficulty eating at the moment since anxiety is causing digestive issues, but I'm trying to stay on top of tracking and my diary is open to friends.
  • TrueBlueVegan
    TrueBlueVegan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m interested in activating this group. I’ve been WFPB since 2012. I’ve lost 140# with 35# still to lose. I’ve been a member of TOPS (take pounds off sensibly) since 2007. Logging my food is crucial to my accountability.
  • MKWXIII
    MKWXIII Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm here! I'd love to connect with vegans here. ☺
    100+ lbs down, 65-100 to go, heh.
  • henridw2095
    Options
    @MKWXIII some of us have moved to the Herbivores of MFP group (see above)…this group here doesn’t seem to have an active leader so there is little flexibility
  • VeryVeggieVegan
    VeryVeggieVegan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just saying hi!, and I’ll also get on the group. Vegan for 8 years. My weight has bounced up and down since I was a kid, but now it’s only bouncing up 😢. Friend invites welcome!!!!
  • rolandkapferer
    rolandkapferer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a committed vegan but also intent on putting on some muscle - not a lot but some - and am very keen to learn more about how to build a fit strong healthy body on a vegan diet
  • henridw2095
    Options
    @rolandkapferer we’re having more active discussions in the Herbivores of MFP group…and started an exercise thread.
  • Paula9498
    Paula9498 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I have just joined. I'm vegan!