Go To Breakfast?

Options
roseypdx
roseypdx Posts: 12 Member
Do you have a go to vegan breakfast? I do - no surprise - a smoothie is an easy one for me. Monday thru Saturday I am like a robot - same thing. Smoothie made with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 cup frozen berries, 1/2 frozen banana, a few handfuls of spinach or kale, and then 1 tablespoon of flaxseed and 2 tablespoons of hemp protein powder. I also usually treat myself to a Garden Lites Blueberry Oat muffin that come frozen at Costco. I haven't found them anywhere else. Absolutely love them and adds that little bit extra on those mornings when I work out where I feel I need a bit more.

On Sunday - love to do a special treat. Not really like a cheat day but something different that feels more indulgent. My favorites are vegan blueberry pancakes or a tofu veggie scramble. Vegan sausage, red potatoes and a bit of fruit often accompany this - yummy, vegan, and with good portion control a great treat without destroying my diet.

What are your go to breakfasts?

Replies

• gogocristy
    gogocristy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tvp, soy milk, cereal
  • roseypdx
    roseypdx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What is TVP? Textured Vegetable Protein?
  • Wonderdash
    Wonderdash Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My new go-to is a Green Smoothie or I'll juice a couple of oranges and about 5 carrots. Mmmmm
  • coffeecure
    coffeecure Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My go to for this winter is hot oatmeal made with some unsweetened almond milk and frozen berries. I usually add some flax seed and chia if I remember.
  • elizabethjmurphy
    elizabethjmurphy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My go to is overnight oats with, unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon, frozen berry or goji, chia seed & ground flax seeds. I love it because it's already prepared and ready in the fridge!!
  • jgunter1212
    jgunter1212 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    roseypdx wrote: »
    Do you have a go to vegan breakfast? I do - no surprise - a smoothie is an easy one for me. Monday thru Saturday I am like a robot - same thing. Smoothie made with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 cup frozen berries, 1/2 frozen banana, a few handfuls of spinach or kale, and then 1 tablespoon of flaxseed and 2 tablespoons of hemp protein powder. I also usually treat myself to a Garden Lites Blueberry Oat muffin that come frozen at Costco. I haven't found them anywhere else. Absolutely love them and adds that little bit extra on those mornings when I work out where I feel I need a bit more.

On Sunday - love to do a special treat. Not really like a cheat day but something different that feels more indulgent. My favorites are vegan blueberry pancakes or a tofu veggie scramble. Vegan sausage, red potatoes and a bit of fruit often accompany this - yummy, vegan, and with good portion control a great treat without destroying my diet.

What are your go to breakfasts?
    Garde Lites muffins isnt vegan, it contains egg whites

• Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Huel Black vanilla with water and a little soy milk at the moment, or oat porridge with fruit, nuts and seeds, or muesli. Sourdough toast, and banana at the weekend!
  • MKWXIII
    MKWXIII Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Breakfast sandwich, Just Egg omelet, also love a bagel when I'm in a hurry, cereal is a good option, too.
    I've never been a smoothie or oatmeal girl.
  • pnehra731
    pnehra731 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m a big fan of savory oats. I make them with roasted peppers, black beans, salsa, and cheese.