Introductions!

Options
Natsumegu
Natsumegu Posts: 9 Member
edited June 2023 in Social Groups
Feel free to introduce yourself here (if you want to!) You don't have to disclose your conditions/disablities, and don't feel compelled to if you don't feel comfortable <3
This thread is purely just to get to know each other!

Replies

• Natsumegu
    Natsumegu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'll go first: I'm Rae, I live in Lincolnshire, UK and I'm afab non-binary 🏳️‍🌈 I made this group for us that are neurodivergent- have autism, ADHD or others under the neurodiverse umbrella to chat and support eachother, as nobody knows us as well as we do!

TW for possibly upsetting content following, including talk of depression and eating disorders

I was diagnosed with adult Autism this January and ADHD-C last December (ish, my memory isn't reliable 😂)
    I've struggled with weight my entire life, and my diagnoses really put into perspective the why and how of my difficulties - aka comfort eating for dopamine, safe-foods that I always come back to for sensory reasons, unable to stick to a routine of logging food, or simply forgetting and soon enough falling back into old ways.
    As a teen I severely restricted and was likely suffering anorexia and body dysmorphia - although never formally diagnosed - then I sunk further into depression where I believed there was no point, so I just ate what and whenever I wanted.
    I've been on and off calorie counting ever since, depending on my mental state (I had a period during the pandemic again where I figured everything was pointless, but I'm back on my feet now!) and now I've gotten to the root of my struggles and receiving help and medication I'm ready to do it for real this time!

I'm currently trying out a Keto diet for a couple weeks whilst my local pharmacy is having trouble procuring my ADHD medication, both to give my weight loss a jumpstart, and also to help my brain and cognitive function along a bit as I've heard it can be really beneficial for symptoms of ADHD too!
    I've now got my meds, but I'm sticking to it for the full two weeks as I've come so far it'd be a shame to stop now! (and i've got so much almond flour to use up still 😂)

I might be a lil patchy in replying to messages due to my executive dysfunction and memory issues, but I'm here for you all and I'll try my best!
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll be 40 in less than 2 months. I'm in the middle of being diagnosed with audhd. Unfortunately it costs too much to finish the testing and diagnosing. It's been suspected of me for years and it really does explain all of the struggles that I've dealt all of my life. It's also in my family. I'm still struggling and learning more about myself. I didn't know a lot of what I've dealt with were autism and adhd related. I forced myself to give up my safe food that I always eat during my lunch break on my long shift work days and am trying to figure out what would be a good easy meal prep that I could make a week ahead that I would actually like and eat. I really what I was eating. I'm also struggling to workout most of the week. I just wish I had someone who was working out with me even if we aren't doing the same things, but is at least going through the process with me. I don't know how to stay on track. I'm sick derailing myself. It's been an endless cycle of starting, stopping, and starting over again. I struggle with executive dysfunction which doesn't help. If anyone has any advice, I'd much appreciate it. If anyone wants to have an accountability partner, feel free to hit me up on here.
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 134 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    By the way, it's so nice to see a group on myfitnesspal that is for neurodivergent people. I've been looking for more groups like this for all aspects of life, so I am very thankful to find people like me on here. Finding groups on here and fb has been helping to understand myself more.