Share your special interests & hobbies!

Options
Natsumegu
Natsumegu Posts: 9 Member
What makes you happy? Feel free to infodump to your hearts content and tell us what you love! What brings you autistic joy? What are your hyperfixations? Or have you discovered something new you enjoy & just have to share?

Replies

• Natsumegu
    Natsumegu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of anime & gaming - I cosplay and go to conventions dressed as my favourite characters! It's something I was bullied for as a kid, but I've not let that stop me as an adult and I'm fully embracing my 'nerdy' interests 😅 I've found so many wonderful friends in the cosplay community and so many are also neurodivergent and understand me like no other, it's a beautiful, diverse, welcoming community! (for the most part- but there's bad eggs in every group)

I'm also very 'alt' in my personal style, I love punk, goth and metal music and style/aesthetics. This is something I picked up during the time in high school where I tried to rid myself of anime because it was 'cringe' and 'childish' (not true!), but something that has stuck with me and I've fully embraced and am gradually returning to more now.
    My neon green and black hair is a core part of my identity and personality and I feel so bare without it! I'm also a big fan of piercings and tattoos, I can never have enough! And that adrenaline rush from the tattooing process is addictive! I just wish I could afford so many more ahaha 😂
    My fav bands right now are Ghost, Megadeth, Machine Head, Black Sabbath/Ozzy, Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, Gojira, and I always find myself listening to the legendary Ronnie James Dio 🖤❤️
    I'm evolving in my tastes now as I used to be super Emo and was a big fan of My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Bullet for my Valentine and Avenged Sevenfold (I still listen to em now on occasion), before going down the rabbit hole of classic rock- Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Sabbath, AC/DC and then had a HUUGEE hyperfixation for several months on David Bowie ⚡

Sorry this was a wall of text and a half 😂 I did say this is a place to infodump!
    There's a whole lot more I could talk about but I don't wanna bore you (or scare you off lmao) but yeah, a lot of these kinda tie in to my weight loss journey also - especially cosplay - I want to get good shots of my outfits I've worked so hard on and enjoy myself and be carefree with friends at conventions and not get upset at my own image 🥲

I'm going to play more Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom tonight while I wait for my Tesco delivery :D
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm very eclectic in my tastes and interests.

I watch anime, movies, and shows that range in genres from family friendly like Encanto to horror like Nightmare on Elm Street, from Pitch Perfect to Deadpool. I have a lot of comfort shows that I watxh repeatedly. I love shows like Bones, Criminal Minds, Supernatural, House, Elementary, Sherlock, The Big Bang Theory, Doctor Who, Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, New Girl, The Office, Parks and Recreation, Golden Girls, and Gilmore Girls.

I listen to music of pretty much every genre. Genres range from Disney to heavy metal, from emo to rap. Too many bands, singers, and such to pick just one favorite. Doesn't help that some mix and fuse genres either. So to name some, though, I'd have to name Bad Religion, Metallica, Slipknot, Aerosmith, Journey, Queen, Green Day, Rhianna, Eminem, Linkin Park, Adele, Lady Gaga, Johnny Cash, Taking Back Sunday, Evanescence, Paramore, Blink 182, Jelly Roll, Stray Kids, and soundtracks from Encanto, Coco, The Greatest Showman, and Eddie and the Cruisers I and II. There really are so many more, but too many to name.

I love video games like Animal Crossing, Sims, Harvest Moon, Stardew Valley, Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Redemption, God of War, Grand Theft Auto, Legend of Zelda, and so on.

I love to read books and manga (inclduing their anime versions) of most, if not all, genres, but lean I guess mostly towards YA and fantasy. I love Fruits Basket, Naruto, Sailor Moon, Bleach, Otomen, Wild Ones, The Way of the Househusband, Fangirl, The Mercy Thompson series, The Dresden Files series, Hunger Games series, Beautiful Creatures series, Mortal Instruments series, and Eliza and Her Monsters to name some.

I love puzzles, collecting pop figures and bookmarks, old lady arts and crafts (like embroidery and cross stitching; also am trying to learn how to knit, crochet, and sew), researching, Star Wars, cats, Marilyn Monroe, DND, and etc., etc. I am a total nerd, geek, dork, kid at heart, and old lady all rolled into one. If anyone loves similar things, feel free to msg me on here.

Sorry for the long and probably rambly post. I just am passionate about so many things that I can't help, but to share and info dump.