Day 1

Options
Suzettedl
Suzettedl Posts: 30 Member
edited January 1 in Social Groups
Rainy day in Long Beach so I went to the hotel fitness room for my first mile and plank. bmbhagrrvh9a.jpeg
ci6tcrtr1u5u.jpeg
mile.

Replies

• PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you! Hope that's okay. This sounds like a great minimal workout challenge for me to get me to exercise daily, stay accountable, and not be overwhelmed by trying too much, especially with me just recently getting back into working out. I'll do this tonight.
  • Suzettedl
    Suzettedl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome and thanks for joining me!!
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thank you and you're welcome! The 1 mile is easy enough since I try to walk an hour on the treadmill when I'm on it, but that plank kicked my butt. When I did the plank, I had to pause the timer 2 or 3 times for a quick moment. I was shaking so much the whole time. Glad I did that first. Well, I guess doing planks daily will change that and I'll get better at them soon enough. When I walked, I decided to still walk the full hour like I usually do, but this time, I walked at a faster speed than I have been. I ended up walking 1.5 miles or so by the end of the hour. When I hit the mile mark, I lowered the speed slightly and kept going. Repeated that for about every 5 or 10 mins until the hour was up. Man, I was sweatier by the end of the workout than I have been. Definitely need to keep this workout up. I might walk slow speeds 2-3 a week to get a rest and take it easy, but keep up the hour so I can still hit that mile. Thank you for coming up with this 1 mile and a 1 minute plank workout. I have around 100lbs to lose and I think this is really gonna help me because it's actually manageable even with my long work shift days which are days I definitely struggle on. I can do the minimum of a mile and a 1 minute plank a day. We can do this! We got this!