new member, first post :)

Options
mitzi2013
mitzi2013 Posts: 47 Member
Hi, I'm Mitzi. I was 39 when I was diagnosed with stage 3 colorectal cancer. I've been in remission now for just under 2 1/2 years. It has left me with some issues though. I lost control of my pelvic muscles and there is scarring where my colon resection took place. As well as scarring where my stoma was stitched up. It makes it hard to sit up and stand, as well as go to the bathroom. On top of that, I now have a herniated disk and degenerative disc disease in my spine. I can barely bend over or lift anything. The major problem here is that I weigh 263 pounds, and I'm now 44 years old. My doctor has told me how badly I need to lose weight. How much it will help me. He even sent me to a nutritionist. It's just so hard to push through the pain. I'm hoping y'all can give me some tips or give me some advice.

Replies

• prodigal6766
    prodigal6766 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the remission. Hopefully you’ve got a foothold in the group now. So how are things now? My pain limits my movements, so I focus on nutrition first and low impact walking second. I’ve lost 11 lbs since Nov 2nd.
  • mitzi2013
    mitzi2013 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the remission. Hopefully you’ve got a foothold in the group now. So how are things now? My pain limits my movements, so I focus on nutrition first and low impact walking second. I’ve lost 11 lbs since Nov 2nd.

Hi, I know it's been a while since your responce. Obviously I haven't been doing very well. I've gained 3 pounds since my first post. Really I've gained 6, but I lost 3 of those. I lost my mom a month after I made that post and my life kind of went to hell. I'm trying to get back on track now though. I don't want my kids to lose me as well. So ere's to a better 2024, and I hope you are doing good in your life and progress!!!
  • prodigal6766
    Options
    Planning is key!
  • prodigal6766
    Options
    Sorry for the loss of your mom. Take time, and then when you’re ready, do what must be done. Praying for you and your family. 🙏