Introduce Yourself Here

Options
Mia_Vojago
Mia_Vojago Posts: 21 Member
Hi there!

Introduce yourself here.

1. What should we call you? (your name, user name, nickname etc)

2. What are your fitness and/or weight loss goals?

3. Tell us a little more about yourself.

Replies

• Mia_Vojago
    Options
    Mia_Vojago

Just call me Mia but my real name is Brooke. Mia Vojago means "my journey" in Esperanto.

I started my journey at 264 and currently weigh in at 248.6. My goal is to get to 199 (One-derland!) by Dec 31st 2024 so I have 49.6 pounds to lose.

I am a lawyer (charity law -- so not the rich type of lawyer - ha ha) and I am mom to 5 kids ages 27, 22, 18, 17 and 13. Most of my kids are adults or almost adult and my 13 year old is at that age where he doesn't want to have much to do with me. I am an avid pickleball fan and I credit the sport to getting me off my feet, moving and losing the weight I have managed to lose so far.
  • stepper61
    stepper61 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My name is Juli, and I retired just before COVID. My husband and I did 2 years with a trainer and tough workouts M-F early mornings and I was strong and in great shape! Once COVID hit, the gym closed and it was easy to take a break from workouts, which ended up being over a year. Turned to baking and after a few years gained back what I worked hard to lose. I log my food and work hard at getting in over 100g of protein per day.

I have 2 adult kids, 31 & 33, and 2 grandkids 1 & 3.

My goal is to get back to that weight I was after training hard, because I was happy with my strength, my food choices and the tons of clothes that fit and was happy with how I looked. I had a knee replacement in May 2023, but it’s healed and I am working on strengthening that side a lot.
  • Mia_Vojago
    Options
    Welcome Juli ! We are going to start Week 1 on Feb 1st. We will have a weigh in and then we can share our challenges and victories as we get a long!
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Crystal. I'm 40 and married. Have 3 kids, ages 14, 13 & 5. I'm around 180lbs although I didn't weigh myself last week. Had a tough week with staying on track but back at it now. Looking to lose around 35lbs to be at healthy bmi for my age/height which would be around 145 lbs. I would like to be at goal by the time of my vacation in late May. I achieved this around 4 years ago and just let myself eat the way I wanted to after and then life got in the way, of course. I have noticed that when I cut out a lot of the processed foods, breads and pastas and watching my sugar, my body feels way better along with me, mentally. I was suffering with a lot of brain fog and sometimes depression. Looking forward to this journey and sharing our progress together ❤️
  • Mia_Vojago
    Options
    Welcome Crystal! Your journey sounds familiar. It is so easy to get swept up in life’s day to day challenges and lose track of what we need to do to stay healthy. You definitely have your hands full! The teenage years are such a tough time to be raising kids. They are independent yet still need us so much (even though they think they don’t - LOL!)
  • ebikejean
    ebikejean Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello from Midwest, USA. I'm newly retired from a career in education. Married 44 yrs, 3 kids & 4 grandsons. I'm used to a busy life and want to keep moving and have a plan so I won't slip into lazy habits. My regiment is intermediate fasting, mild exercise 60 minutes a day, walk or bike ride in good weather and try to make good food decisions. Vegetarian. Important that I stay with my routine, drink more water, sleep better and stretch more. I have those pesky 25 lbs that I want to take off.
  • Mia_Vojago
    Options
    welcome to the group @ebikejean ! Tomorrow is Feb 1st - the 1st day of week 1.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,257 Member
    edited February 1
    Options
    Hello. I am new to this group.

1. What should we call you? Patti

2. What are your fitness and/or weight loss goals? My fitness goal is get as much fitness in as I can. My weight loss goal is to lose 10 pounds.

3. Tell us a little more about yourself. I am from Virginia. I am 64 years old. I have been retired from the government for 4 years now. I am a widow. Lost my husband back in 2014. Struggling to lose at least 10 pounds. Always get close but end up gaining.
  • Mia_Vojago
    Options
    Hi Patti! Welcome to the group. We are keeping it pretty low-key here with one way in a week that you can report anytime you want but I call it way in Wednesday just so we try to remind ourselves to weigh in at least once a week. And I’m hopeful that members can post at least twice a week to share their challenges and victories.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    mia: That is when I weigh myself anyways. So Weds is okay with me.
  • ddickson10131
    ddickson10131 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 3
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Newbie here!

My name Dee and I am from Phoenix.

Goals? Health, weight loss, and feeling good as I age. I have a very high demanding job working for a tech startup and loads of travel. These past two years, I have lost control of my health with the long days of working. Trying to get back on track as I am now pre-diabetic and weighed in Jan 3rd at 234lbs. Lost 10 so far but know it will slow down.

Best Goal is to do this right, make new friends, and build a healthy work/life balance.

Fun fact about me? I have two grown children, both redheads. :) Love to hike and paint. Looking forward to connecting with all of you. 😀

• stepper61
    stepper61 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi @ddickson10131 - you are doing great. (I’m not good at leaving replies- not adjusted to this system and with there were some shortcuts to get back to groups). We are in north Scottsdale for a few months in the winter so you definitely have the nice weather as an advantage! My progress is much slower. Although I am retired, I totally understand your type of schedule and glad you are taking time to focus on yourself. Great work! - Juli (Madison, WI & Scottsdale)
  • pammyNNP
    pammyNNP Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My name is Pam...but I answer to most anything directed my way :smiley:

I think my biggest goal this year is to make realistic and sustainable goals. About 10 years ago I lost 135 pounds. I never did make it to goal. Over the years I have gained back almost 50 of what I lost. This time I want to do it slowly and make more lifestyle changes, not just dieting.

I will be 59 this month. I am a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, so I have a pretty hectic work schedule. I live in Texas with my husband and our 6 (yes...6) cats. He is such a softie and rescued an entire litter of starving stray kittens when they were only about 3 weeks old. Needless to say, we couldnt give them up. I am a diabetic since the age of 13. I have pretty much eliminated pork, beef and chicken from my diet. I would be considered pescatarian I suppose if I need a label. Mostly follow vegetarian choices, but will have seafood on occasion. No super ethical reasons for it, I honestly just feel better.
    Looking forward to sharing the journey with everyone and celebrating everyones efforts!