Week 7: Social Stuff

Options
LordWulfram
LordWulfram Posts: 133 Member
Well, it was a disappointing weekend. My daughter hurt her foot during the second match of her regionals this weekend and ended up in 6th place. Missed State by one place!

Replies

• renae149
    renae149 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Oh man! Sounds like it was quite a ride! Hope her injury wasn't too serious. The old saying "there's always next year", well, coming from a mother who's kids are grown, I know that's not always the case. Hopefully she does have next year.

This is a slow time at work for me and I am in the middle of evals, tying me to my desk for most of the day. I am at least trying to get my mile in in the evening. Here lately it has been laps around our circle drive.

Although I don't have a lot of his songs on my walking playlist, Toby Keith was a great artist and businessman. This is a fun duet with the Doobie Brothers I came across several years ago that I do enjoy walking to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6pGJ4J0MSs
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    Just popping by to say I’m dropping out and all of the challenges I’m in as life is too complicated at present to commit to ant team efforts.
    Maybe someday I’ll get back to a more settled regime and mindset and join again
  • HollyStormCloud
    HollyStormCloud Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited February 13
    Options
    @LordWulfram , sorry to hear about your daughter's injury. I hope she heals quickly.

@Lessennan , sorry to see you go, but I totally get the complications of life. Good luck to you, I hope things smooth out for you soon.

I have 106,327 steps to go to hit my first million. I hope to pull it off by the end of the week. That would be an average of 17,722 steps a day for the rest of the week. :)
  • renae149
    Options
    Go Holly Go!!! Total faith that you can pull this off! @HollyStormCloud

@Lessennan Life will come back around for you. Good luck with whatever you are going through.
  • renae149
    Options
    Random thoughts....

I am thankful for this small group. Life is a little crazy right now, one child getting married, one child remodeling a house, and I'm the mom/person that makes sure everyone else is taken care of before herself. This little challenge, this little group, keeps me going, walking my mile even when life it busy.

Last night my husband and I took a 2 hour round trip drive to pick up some doors for child 2. It was nice to see that there was still light at 6:30 on the way home. And the promise of Daylight savings time right around the corner, hoping to start closing the deficit that I have created over the last couple of crazy weeks!

Thank you all for being here, creating this group!
  • peoriapole
    peoriapole Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Congrats @HollyStormCloud for passing the 1 Million mark.
  • HollyStormCloud
    HollyStormCloud Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Thank you @peoriapole ! :)