Mornin' gents.

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,669 Member
    edited February 19
    Options
    Good snow shoe yesterday.
    dbgs6mds203b.png
    Notice the dog tracks. They had fun too.
    Made too much venison chili. Its good, but will be eating on it all week. Tums, tum-tum-tums.
    Photos of sprouting peas please.
    Rheum Doc recheck tomorrow. Been trying to get new insurance to authorize Skyrizi for two weeks now. I am 10 days late for my 12 week injection. Doc will not be pleased.

Onward and downward ;-)
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,568 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

I miss snowshoeing. Yosemite was a totally different park in the winter. Serene and beautiful. But I am reminded that I need to list our snowshoes for sale. Sadly lots of used snowshoes are available so they won’t bring much. It is a great activity. Heck of a workout if you have to break a new trail after a good amount of snow.

Yesterday’s travels up here to Florence were uneventful except in how smoothly it all went. We did enjoy a bit of a walk around Old Town before dinner and picking up some water, breakfast yogurts etc. I woke around 4:30 for the usual reason but struggled to get back to sleep due to my shoulder. I finally got up after an hour. Today we are off to meet the new realtor in person and check on a few things we need to understand before we move. We will need to say hello to the ocean even if it is a bit wet today. We are trying to understand how shifting to new Drs upon moving will work.

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,918 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Seems that most workers don't get Presidents Day off. Of course, we retirees just smile.

I didn't get in a walk, yesterday, so a long one is on tap, today. I'll try to repeat my 5-mile route. My weight has plateaued for the last week. I am hoping increased exercise will break through.

I always make chili in big batches, then freeze it in individual-serving sized containers. Makes for easy meals when we are busy.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited February 19
    Options
    Wow! nice picts Lee!!!
    Yeah gotta love insurance. I was worried that my eye drops might run out and have trouble getting more. Insurance rejected them a couple of times before and then the doc has to explain why I need them.
    Hrmph!~. Good news is surprisingly with my surgery I am off that eye drop and down to just 1 drop twice daily in the other eye with an easy to obtain drop.

Indeed Yosemite is very different in the winter. Back in the olden days (late 1960s) I stayed there in winter over a week-end with a climbing buddy. He said we could just put our sleeping bags inside the women's bathroom at night since there were no other campers and the ranger didn't check the women's bathroom at night in winter. Very beautiful in winter.

Good luck with new docs in Florence Bill when that happens.

Yup Dave every day is holiday to us "N0-workerbees" I tell folks I didn't retire just quit working.
    Got in a longer bike ride yesterday with a couple of local hill climbs (just short 1/4 mile climbs). Slowly getting back to more normal.

Cheers

• LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,626 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Pablo has been out twice, DW has given him a bath, but I believe she got wetter than he did.
    Nice picture Lee, glad it is up there and not here.
    Yes, holidays do not have near the meaning as they did when I was working for a living.
    Glad trip uneventful Bill, hope you get good answers and find a home you both love.
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,448 Member
    Options
    Morning…

Peewee hockey was fun yesterday. DGS scored 4 goals, team won 9-3. Afterwards we went to a trampoline center, with ziplines over foam-block pits, climbing walls, slides, mazes. Place was crawling with kids, school vacation. I wonder parents don't loose a few kids in there now and then. No walk for me, so today I’m out in the cold, windy sunshine somewhere.