Fitbit Rash/Burn?

Options
Has anyone else experienced a rash or burn under the band of your Fitbit?

I don't understand what this is because I've worn a Fitbit for years and all of the sudden, I started getting a red circle under the band that's rough and itchy. I moved my Fitbit to the other wrist, and the same exact thing happened.

Nothing at all changed! No new soap or lotion, nothing like that. It's clearly from the Fitbit, but why all of the sudden?

My doc gave me some ointment to use, and it's slowly getting better, but VERY slowly.

I'm worried my Fitbit-wearing days are over.

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• Musicfanno173
    Musicfanno173 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Hi TexasTallChick. You may need to wipe the band and back of your watch daily due to sweating. Mine acts up like your mostly during the summer months. Use a damp wash cloth for this without soap or anything else on it.
    Hope you can get it cleared up without problems.
  • jingxuanang
    jingxuanang Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    omg! mee too. mine is rash, slightly red and not itchy. it doesn't appear every time though, only occasionally. will heed Musicfanno173's advice!
  • missmamselle
    missmamselle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This happened to me, too. I now have a new band to switch back and forth between the older one. Also, regularly washing, drying and spritzing the inside of the band with hydrogen peroxide and let that dry to kill anything fungal.
  • mekkzy888
    mekkzy888 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    No issues with a rash/irritation but notice where the actual back of the watch is in contact with the skin it smells gross! Lol. :D
  • Jima102250
    Jima102250 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use my fitbit in a ankle band for more precise step counting and find that about once a week I have to loosen or take it off even on a day it isn’t charging. Not sure what causes this vut it might be humidity here in Florida.
  • GandalfIAm01
    GandalfIAm01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!

I purchased stretchy bands that are knock-offs online in many colours (packs of 3) for very low Cosy and voila! Rash burn gone! And ease of removal us a breeze as is pinching the band.

Hope this helps.
  • LovePammiek
    LovePammiek Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes sometimes I switch my band for a different textured one because this one tends to rub my skin a little raw.
  • calihoya
    calihoya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You posted this kind of a while ago, but my first fitbit back in the day did this. I figured it was a Nickle allergy. They sent me a new one and I still got the rash. Now I have a pixel watch and i have not had that problem with that device.