shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,106 Member
Good morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,106 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Connie got up about 3:50 to use the restroom. Sure enough, Frankie was insistently waking me up at 4:04 this morning. Once I have her outside and fed, and realizing that I need to get up at 5:30 anyway, I just find it hard to crawl back into bed for a while.

Weight was up .4 this morning. Down 8.8 and 4.6% of body weight. They want me down a solid 5%-6% before I can enter level 2 and start adding back in some foods. I'm not that far away. I should be there by the end of this week.

Today is Connie's 66th birthday. She wants to go to Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner tonight. I will eat on plan there. I bought her a really small chocolate cake. I am not supposed to have any of it. I may have just a bite or two?

Today it is supposed to get to a record 77 degrees. Then the bottom falls out for a day or two with some snow on the back end. They say the wind chill in the morning will be 2. The weather guy was almost giddy last night when he was describing how the temps will fall a feels like of 75 degrees in 12 hours. To me, it is a sure sign of spring with the wild swings in temp.

Have a great day!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,662 Member
    edited February 27
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

I got a small Valentine's cake for M and she was happy to have it all to herself. She is 5' 8" and weighs 113 lbs. She is allowed. I was not.
    I had a decent ribeye steak at Longhorn Steak house in Winchester VA. Not even close to what I could do at home, but it was nice to be served and the bill was not exorbitant. I took good friends there and they were happy so I was happy.
    Keep on keeping on, Steve.
    Cigna (new to me this year) insurance and specialty pharmacy are being knuckleheads about my Skyrizi prescription. I have been on Skyrizi injections every 12 weeks for 2 years now and never had a $3200 copay due to the co-pay assistance program through the manufacturer Abbvie. But they are insisting I have to pay the $3200 since I have not met my deductible, which is a similar claim last year by Meritan insurance but we got it straightened out eventually. I wish Heart&Paw didn't switch insurance every year.
    M says I should call the chief medical officer and complain. She has a point. I have outproduced both of the other veterinarians combined and I only worked 3 weeks out of this month. I would prefer to not play the leverage card, yet.

Onward and downward ;-)

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,438 Member
    Options
    Mornin’

Eating right—or not eating wrong—is always a struggle, and the temptation to rationalize is never ending. I’ve done okay with my simple “no sugar” plan, but Sunday icefishing with the GKs I decided to have a cookie. Or two or three. Would turn into a landslide if not careful. Have to steer clear of the salty stuff, too, will start working on that part now.

Spent a good part of yesterday migrating passwords from Kaspersky to Bitwarden. Went round in circles trying to cancel Kaspersky, an hour or two, and still no success. Will have to call Russia and speak to someone in service dept.

Bible study this morning. Have been good last few times I went, completely avoided the snack table.

Insurance companies try to wear us down with their incompetence and greed I think.

Warm day today (for February), 50’s.

Have a good one.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,900 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

I am happy I have never had to wrestle with health insurance. Dental insurance is another matter.

It's 33 and breezy in Tumwater, with very cold rain on the way for the next week. March will come in like a lion, I guess. Hope the lamb prediction comes true.

I am tempted to jump off plan, every day. I am pushing things pretty hard. Last night I had a baked potato for supper, with a little shredded cheese and some fat-free sour cream. With the walking I do, I build up about 60 weekly points and never use them, so I might splurge and have a restaurant meal one of these nights.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,614 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Insurance companies use no logical reasoning. On my shoulder it took a couple of months to approve an MRI then they said I would have to do physical therapy before doctor could do surgery for torn rotator cuff. After eight weeks of therapy shoulder and arm are worst and more painful. Now waiting for insurance to approve nerve test and MRI on knee which keeps slipping out of place. This keeps them paying more money out without taking care of issues.
    56 when we got up this morning, very cloudy should get into low 70's today.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNIE ! ! !
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,094 Member
    Options
    I was AWOL yesterday I guess.
    33 deg here this a.m. too but no ice or snow flakes. Actually pretty dry this a.m.
    Gosh Mike the ice fishing trip sounded like fun indeed!

Connie's B-day today. HAPPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Well get on it Steve. Wow 77degrees???? Amazing.

Grief Lee: insurance companies and drug lords just suck. They love it when we give them piles of money but hate paying out what we bargained for.

Sam is right about some of the "stupid" stuff Insurance does. They required cortizone shot for me whilst I was awaiting getting a lubricant Synvisc shot. Cost everyone extra as it was obvious to me what I needed and had gotten before.
    so I got both in the end.

My wife had to do 7 phone calls to get her CT scan scheduled and more stuff to get her MRI. Just ridiculous.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,561 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Happy Birthday Connie!

My insurance complaints lessened considerably once I got on Medicare with the exception of prescription drugs. Same supplemental plan, same medication has gone from $400/yr to $200/yr in 2 years. No justification beyond the profit motive. All my meds have gone up. I used to pay very little not I pay quite a bit. I will have to do a lot of research for next years plan election. Back sugery sails through without a lot of pre-approval stuff. Headed out for a walk with Heather. We are still in the 60’s so it is nice walking weather. I am getting caught up on some sleep at last.