WaistAways Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Good morning team, happy last week of Feb !

@ashleycarole86 Have a fabulous trip !

Took a nice hike yesterday, It was only 3 miles, I was testing a pair of new shoes I bought for Ireland. These are going to be my non hiking shoes, but they are still waterproof, and have grip incase I decide to go off trail without the ability to switch to my hiking shoes. They did good, I like them, and they clean up nice, since I walked through lots of mud...

Anyway food has been good, not great, but I realized this weekend, I am letting a little too much sugary snacks in, so I need to control that, it seems I feel so much better when I am eating clean. I am on a strong dose of prednisone right now, to try and knock out some inflammation in my jaw, so maybe if I can keep my eating clean, I can keep that inflammation away for good.

Had a nice skin care find for texture and elasticity - Amlactin - It has 15% lactic acid in it, so you need to be careful about wearing sunscreen with it, but in 3 days, it has made a difference, my arms don't have 5 million wrinkles in it when I bend them anymore.... I'm trying it on my face also, for texture, cause that has become absolutely depressing since going off my hrt.

Have a great day !

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Bon voyage @ashleycarole86 and @bowens1973 !! You probably won't see this for a while, but I hope you have a beautiful trip into the warm and delightfully humid. Your skin will feel brand new :smiley: Enjoy the luscious fruits and veggies.
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 and @bowens1973 - have a great trip

PW 164.0
    CW 164.0

• ChelleChelle1031
    ChelleChelle1031 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    urob7gvvgyre.jpeg

Hello Beautiful People!

It has been a day. My hubby and I noticed this weekend a mass next to our fur-babies booty hole. Think it was an infected anal gland, my focus this morning was getting him into the vet. We did and well it was a tumor with need for surgery so it would not impact his ability to do his business. He is now resting with a cone of shame for the next 10 days. Waiting results to determine if it is cancer.

Wowsers - neither of us thought today would be like that. However through it all, I’ve gotten my 10k steps for the day and 1 hour of exercise.

It got me thinking, while waiting on the call that he was okay. He is old, so any surgery can be complicated, momma was worried. It got me thinking about my journey.

I’m on day 73 of my focus on me. 12/16/23 was when I started my journey of me: mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually.

I’ve walked 10k+ steps every day, read the Bible everyday, stuck more often than not to my food plan, and increased my water intake… I’m thinking about my next challenge with a desire to start 03/01. I’m thinking about the 75 Day Hard.

As anyone done this? Thoughts?

Also, looking to build a playlist.. give me your go too get pumped songs/artists.

❤️🦋
  • jugar
    edited February 26
    Options
    urob7gvvgyre.jpeg

Hello Beautiful People!

It has been a day. My hubby and I noticed this weekend a mass next to our fur-babies booty hole. Think it was an infected anal gland, my focus this morning was getting him into the vet. We did and well it was a tumor with need for surgery so it would not impact his ability to do his business. He is now resting with a cone of shame for the next 10 days. Waiting results to determine if it is cancer.
    Wowsers - neither of us thought today would be like that. However through it all, I’ve gotten my 10k steps for the day and 1 hour of exercise.

It got me thinking, while waiting on the call that he was okay. He is old, so any surgery can be complicated, momma was worried. It got me thinking about my journey.

I’m on day 73 of my focus on me. 12/16/23 was when I started my journey of me: mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually.

I’ve walked 10k+ steps every day, read the Bible everyday, stuck more often than not to my food plan, and increased my water intake… I’m thinking about my next challenge with a desire to start 03/01. I’m thinking about the 75 Day Hard.

As anyone done this? Thoughts?

Also, looking to build a playlist.. give me your go too get pumped songs/artists.

❤️🦋
    This is just the kind of inspiration I need right now. You have done brilliantly in your last 73 days! Using the next 75 on that Hard challenge looks really interesting. I don't agree with the full gallon of water a day for everyone, but the rest of it looks good.

I am seriously interested in joining you on this! Maybe there are others in the team? March 1 is coming up :smiley:

Don't get me wrong about hydration - it is super important! I am sure there are large people in hot climates who do tons of sweaty work who need a gallon every day, but I am a small person and find that less does me just fine. I drink more on sweaty days in the summer for sure, but the general formula of 1/2 to 1 ounce per pound of body weight per day is doable.

Playlists? I have some pretty hilarious stuff on mine, and a workout can take on a really different character depending on what I'm listening to. Sometimes I want to do everything slow and controlled, sometimes jaunty, sometimes super energetic. Same exercises, totally different feel - so yeah! I like Joe K. Walsh, Super Guitar Bros, Tom Houston, Some Eomac, Staraya Derevnya (Boulder Blues is wonderfully bizarre), LowBow, Hawktail - Bandcamp is my favourite music finding playground. For thinking and breathing, a whole other bunch.

And I hope your little ol' doggie is doing well - it is hard when our critters are not well :heart:
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 203
    CW: 203.6
  • jugar
    Options
    @lauren_989 Good to know about the Medium version - it is true that 75 days with absolutely zero days off is a bit daunting. The medium one is a bit more realistic, but I don't like that you have to start over if you miss a day. When I was really serious in my "losing" year, I gave myself one free day a week - it was amazing how those days changed over time. They became more and more like the "strict" days! But it was helpful to be able to loosen the reins for that one day at first. I might try the strict version with the 75 days as a challenge, though. My eating plan is general enough that it would not likely be difficult to do that every single day. The daily selfie would be horrific for me! I probably need to get over that :grimace:
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    2/26/24
    Weigh In Day: MONDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 177.2
    CW (Current Weight): 176.0

Sunday 2/18 11,230 (20 min yoga)
    Monday 2/19 13,411 (20 min Kick box, 10 min yoga)
    Tuesday 2/20 16,382 (30 min kickbox)
    Wednesday 2/21 10,070 (60 min PiYo)
    Thursday 2/ 22 12,763 (30 min HIIT 20 min Core, 10 min strength )
    Friday 2/23 15,682 (30 mins strength )
    Saturday 2/24 12,357 (30 min dance)
  • jugar
    Options
    Great weigh-in @StayFITTer ! and those step numbers and exercise are seriously impressive :sunglasses:

Weigh-ins due through Tuesday:
    @Zumbaforever
    @strong_fit_ells
    @adrimango
    @lauren_989

Thanks!
  • ChelleChelle1031
    ChelleChelle1031 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thinking…

Question - all thoughts welcome, not looking for a debate, just looking to understand schools of thought.

Do you track your water? If so, do you include the water included in coffee, tea, etc.

Several years back, I heard no as coffee and tea is dehydrating. However now I hear that theory has been debunked. I drink unsweet coffee, tea, and water each day. Just pondering if I can count my coffee and tea towards my water goal.

❤️🦋
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989 you're not alone. I feel like I've gotten into an eating slump this week too. Let's both change it around.

Love the idea of a 75 hard/med/soft challenge. I am currently in a fitness challenge that is keeping my activity up but it's the alcohol and diet that could use a tune up as the spring approaches. As for water intake it's something I don't track and would be interesting to see how much I take in when I measure it.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune - I love the colors! We closed on our house yesterday and know of a couple rooms/areas we want to paint. Specifically the master bathroom we want to be a gray color rather than its current beige color to match the black and white fixtures and furniture. Also, the living room has an accent wall that is the same color as the kitchen backsplash - a dark red/burgundy color. It is too dark for us, so we want to paint it a green similar to what you posted at some point.

@bowens1973 & @ashleycarole86 - have so much fun on your trip!

@ChelleChelle1031 - I've attempted the 75 hard, but injury set me back at about 25 days. I would be up for doing it (modified) or the 75 medium version. It would end just before we go to a friend's wedding, so that would be perfect.

@ashleycarole86 (or anyone helping with steps while she is gone)
    Thursday, February 22 - 6,018 steps, 1 hour of CrossFit
    Friday, February 23 - 12,462 steps, 1 hour of spin
    Saturday, February 24 - 4,707 steps
    Sunday, February 25 - 5,953 steps (I cannot believe I was 47 steps away from my goal and didn't realize it?!?)
    Monday, February 26 - 3,848 steps
  • jugar
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen you are not kidding about ALL the feels :heart: So much going on there. I'm glad your mom is going to be all right, even if she is going through the tough stuff for the moment. It sounds like she is a tough cookie, joking about throwing rocks at smokers - I think she's got a great attitude. Take the time to enjoy the feelings of closing on your house and on how well you are doing with all this. You're a :star:
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen congrats on closing on the house. I hope your mom feels better soon!

@ChelleChelle1031 I do count water from my hot tea that I drink. I would do coffee and unsweet tea but I don't drink them. I am already trying to plan out how to drink so much water!

I did my C25K training today. Love how I feel after. Tracked my food and hoping/planning for a second perfect day!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    Steps week 3- a little better but not much.

zu336fbnitq7.png

This discussion has been closed.