mikehikemike Posts: 3,448 Member
Up and at ‘em, men!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,117 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Frankie let me sleep until 5:05 today!

Connie had a very nice birthday. Thank you guys for the well wishes. We had a nice dinner at Longhorn. My weight dropped another .6 from yesterday. Down 9.4 now.

The temp also dropped! It was 77 or 78 yesterday about 3:00. By 5:00 it was 56. When Connie and I left dinner about 6:30, it was 39. Now it is 15, and we have an inch of snow. Wow! I have lived in Kansas my entire life, and I still am not used to these major swings. It will start warming up again today.

We are starting to move equipment and racking today at the plant. Tomorrow (leap year) is the last day of our fiscal year. The owner came in yesterday and spent a fair amount of time with me. Things are moving and shaking!

Insurance battles are bad, and my thoughts are that they are going to get worse as long insurance companies are private. The pharma and health industries are used to large profits and shareholder gains and they are not going to go away. Sigh....

Have a great day!
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,448 Member
    Options
    Got up to 60º yesterday, now it’s pouring. I think the local ski area will be done for the season after this.

Chords class at 11, then I’ll stop at the grocery store near there. Got in a walk yesterday morning on the bike trail in town, before Bible study started. Not a bad habit to get into. It’s 10 minutes down the road from me with pleasant scenery. Great alternative when I don’t have time for a hike. I eventually crumbled to some cookies a woman brought that a professional baker she knows made.

The road to fat is paved with good intentions.

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,669 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

Thought that was the road to hell, but fat works.
    M does love me. She found a facebook page with WW recipes. For dessert last night, she had made a zero point cheesecake from fat free/sugar free yogurt, eggs, and sugar free cheesecake pudding mix. It. Was. Delicious.
    The specialty pharmacy called after 9 PM last night :| Robo call. I hate them.

Onward and downward ;-)
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,628 Member
    Options
    Congrats to LOSERS!
    I can tell Steve sent front this way, should get to 77 today then drop quickly late afternoon, 50's tomorrow, 49 with rain Friday.
    HAPPY HUMPING
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,918 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

What a bunch of losers. I was down another 2 lbs. yesterday, to 172. I hoped to make it to the 160s by my birthday next week. I might make it, it seems.

Lots of rain, here in Tumwater, with heavy snow in the mountains.

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,569 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Nicely down to those who are making progress weight-wise. I am making progress again down 1.2 this past week and somehow holding level while on our trip. We got out for a good walk yesterday at a wooded park down the road in Livermore that comes out by the olive groves of Olivina, a local olive oil producer. I have discovered I am able to push myself a bit more when it is more scenic rather than go around the local neighborhood. Today we may head to a park up on the ridge that separates our valley from the immediate Bay area. Tomorrow the rains are slated to return so we want to get out while we can though we walked in drizzle in Florence so perhaps I will try that as well. i want to drop another 2lbs or so before my surgery.